VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

erkper

May 16, 2018
Which he also very clearly states he doesn't want to go to said event for his own thing. He went purely as a favour (originally).
Nah, if he's not courting Aoife he goes for publishing business reasons. Didn't want to, but there he was.
And besides, can you honestly say you've never been in a relationship that wasn't worth going to your significant other's family affair once a year even if you didn't really want to? I've been in at least three such relationships, only two of which involved marriage.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Nah, if he's not courting Aoife he goes for publishing business reasons. Didn't want to, but there he was.
And besides, can you honestly say you've never been in a relationship that wasn't worth going to your significant other's family affair once a year even if you didn't really want to? I've been in at least three such relationships, only two of which involved marriage.
And he still states..he would rather not go.

We were not talking about a once a year event...we were discussing whether the MC would be be happy attending black-tie events all the time, which the answer is a firm no.

Good for you...what have your relationships got to do with anything, let alone marriage?

Reactions: MrFriendly

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
For what it's worth Aoife doesn't tend to like big events, she doesn't have much of a desire to be seen. And for those who did a little listening in you know that Camilla has... ways of keeping her daughter out of the press.

erkper

May 16, 2018
And he still states..he would rather not go.

We were not talking about a once a year event...we were discussing whether the MC would be be happy attending black-tie events all the time, which the answer is a firm no.

Good for you...what have your relationships got to do with anything, let alone marriage?
Sure he would rather not go. But he does anyways, whether it's for business reasons or just because he is going as a favor to the girl he's dating. And yes, it is specifically pointed out that this is an annual function. Which has been my point all along. Aoife IS NOT dragging him to such events all the time. This is an annual exception. Come back in 3-4 updates and if you can then show me to be wrong, I will withdraw my claim. Until then, this is one annual event that he went to because his relationship was worth the sacrifice.

My relationships only have meaning in that they provide examples of IRL behavior that this game (and this route specifically) mimic. It's fairly realistic that he would be willing to do this, even if going to such an event isn't his preference. Sorry that I can relate...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
As the dev I'm not allowed to have one I like the most, might come off biased so I have to live through everybody else.
Of course you are allowed! Probably every developer has a favorite... or at least one that they enjoy writing about the most. It's best not to show a favorite in your work, but that happens too. I do believe you shouldn't ever tell us here who your favorite might be.

You have your plan for how this game plays out, and that probably does not involve you having a favorite. But I would be surprised if you did not come to like one of them the most by the time you finish this project.

Reactions: STWAdev

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Of course you are allowed! Probably every developer has a favorite... or at least one that they enjoy writing about the most. It's best not to show a favorite in your work, but that happens too. I do believe you shouldn't ever tell us here who your favorite might be.

You have your plan for how this game plays out, and that probably does not involve you having a favorite. But I would be surprised if you did not come to like one of them the most by the time you finish this project.
Nope, I totally wanna know who your favorite is! :p You can tell me! I'll keep a secret!

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Nope, I totally wanna know who your favorite is! :p You can tell me! I'll keep a secret!
MY favorite!? I doubt if anyone wants to know who my favorite is. I'll probably change my mind before the game ends anyway. :) At the moment it's... No wait, it's... Fuck, I don't know! :confused:

I bet you meant that reply for the developer, right? :cool:

Reactions: Glooskabe

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I love everybody for different reasons. Some I love their arcs, others I'm really proud of how mad wicked hot they turned out. Character creation is my favourite part of the project so I fall in love with somebody different all the time. I do have an ultimate favourite though...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Hey all, working to finish up my last poses in the next few days and then we're in the final stretch. No exact date yet, but we're steadily approaching. I posted these elsewhere but if you aren't a patron or in the discord I figured I would toss them up as a little treat. Have a lovely week!

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Hey all, working to finish up my last poses in the next few days and then we're in the final stretch. No exact date yet, but we're steadily approaching. I posted these elsewhere but if you aren't a patron or in the discord I figured I would toss them up as a little treat. Have a lovely week!

Aoife's heart-shaped ass is to die for! And Lyndie looks really, really nice in purple! :love: (I have nothing bad to say about Bea. In any other lineup, I'm pretty sure she'd be a queen, but she's a little bit overshadowed. Maybe I'm biased!)

Looking forward to your next installment!

• Red Heart
Dec 31, 2019

Aoife best girl! I think she is always looking great and it's no different in this picture, love it. :love:

Though Lyndie is looking good too, purple goes well with her.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
While I like the game, a lot, this is one of the few ones where I had no problem skipping every single possible LI there is. Aoife was the only one I could really get a nice feeling for, and that is killed with her being a Hollywood princess. Her mom is too powerful/influential to have a relationship with Aoife. If things go south, your career will go south aswell. Better to just stay as friends with her.

• Wow
Reactions: Glooskabe

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
While I like the game, a lot, this is one of the few ones where I had no problem skipping every single possible LI there is. Aoife was the only one I could really get a nice feeling for, and that is killed with her being a Hollywood princess. Her mom is too powerful/influential to have a relationship with Aoife. If things go south, your career will go south aswell. Better to just stay as friends with her.
You friend-zoned Aoife? You MONSTER! :eek:

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
This is a very fair point, it's actually something I wanted to put in. One of my pet peeves in some VNs is the "perfect" girl. I wanted everybody to have some sort of flaw that may not make them a good partner. Aoife is basically famous, Lyndie may be a fangirl, Beatrix has a ton of issues, Chris had years of baggage and Kim is...Kim. Now I think everybody has different measures for what they are willing to accept in a relationship and thus everybody has a bit of a different take on each character. That's why I've been pretty open about there being an ending where you friendzone everyone. This has always been a story about a group of people coming together in a pivotal point in their lives. While I think romantic love/ lust are fine things I also want to make it clear at the end that it isn't an end all be all in human interaction, we'll see if I succeed when it wraps up. And hey we have one last LI coming soon and some revelations that may change your feelings towards others. I appreciate you taking the time to play, hope I can get an LI to charm you next time.

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
This is a very fair point, it's actually something I wanted to put in. One of my pet peeves in some VNs is the "perfect" girl. I wanted everybody to have some sort of flaw that may not make them a good partner. Aoife is basically famous, Lyndie may be a fangirl, Beatrix has a ton of issues, Chris had years of baggage and Kim is...Kim. Now I think everybody has different measures for what they are willing to accept in a relationship and thus everybody has a bit of a different take on each character. That's why I've been pretty open about there being an ending where you friendzone everyone. This has always been a story about a group of people coming together in a pivotal point in their lives. While I think romantic love/ lust are fine things I also want to make it clear at the end that it isn't an end all be all in human interaction, we'll see if I succeed when it wraps up. And hey we have one last LI coming soon and some revelations that may change your feelings towards others. I appreciate you taking the time to play, hope I can get an LI to charm you next time.

Thank you. Im not saying there is anything wrong with any of the girls you wrote into the game. I personally just found the "baggage"/ just personal preference to be too much to commit to a relationship with them.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
I think any one of the girls could be a legitimate LI but as they say, they all have issues, as does the MC. Does not appear any more characters are going to appear in the story(?)

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
I think any one of the girls could be a legitimate LI but as they say, they all have issues, as does the MC. Does not appear any more characters are going to appear in the story(?)
There is one more LI coming into the game, but yes. Other wise it is just the ones you see so far. Like STWAdev said, he is trying to wrap up things. And who knows, maybe we get a second chance with the girls later on, when we have learned more of all of them.

Reactions: MrFriendly
4.50 star(s) 124 Votes