VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I think any one of the girls could be a legitimate LI but as they say, they all have issues, as does the MC. Does not appear any more characters are going to appear in the story(?)
One more LI will be making her appearance in the upcoming release, obviously with it being late game she'll be a bit different than the others, but we'll see how everybody feels when she comes out.

And who knows, maybe we get a second chance with the girls later on, when we have learned more of all of them.
One of my big goals was to make sure that most of the girls wouldn't have a "hard lock" until near the end of the whole thing, that way if in say this next release you learn something that really makes you like insert girl here you aren't completely stuck because of a choice you made three chapters ago. As long as you spent at least some time with them most of the LI's will be available.

I want to make as many path's feel viable as I can within reason of course. And of course if nobody jumps out I want that to feel like an acceptable choice as well. Within the constraints of the story I want you to be able to do what you feel, that's part of the fun of VNs.

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
One more LI will be making her appearance in the upcoming release, obviously with it being late game she'll be a bit different than the others, but we'll see how everybody feels when she comes out.

One of my big goals was to make sure that most of the girls wouldn't have a "hard lock" until near the end of the whole thing, that way if in say this next release you learn something that really makes you like insert girl here you aren't completely stuck because of a choice you made three chapters ago. As long as you spent at least some time with them most of the LI's will be available.

I want to make as many path's feel viable as I can within reason of course. And of course if nobody jumps out I want that to feel like an acceptable choice as well. Within the constraints of the story I want you to be able to do what you feel, that's part of the fun of VNs.

Sounds really good, and realistic. Hoping to see more soon.

Reactions: STWAdev

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Every new update I almost always play the game again from the beginning after I find out what happens. That is how my "chosen" LI has gone from No one to Aoife to Lyndie to Chris to... No one again, I think. We shall see whether that changes again.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Every new update I almost always play the game again from the beginning after I find out what happens. That is how my "chosen" LI has gone from No one to Aoife to Lyndie to Chris to... No one again, I think. We shall see whether that changes again.
My greatest challenge is somebody getting their hooks into you. I'll getcha though.

erkper

May 16, 2018
You aren't going to add any... unusual... tags, are you?

*cough, please-no-futa, cough, cough...*

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
My greatest challenge is somebody getting their hooks into you. I'll getcha though.
Eh, at the moment here's my quick and dirty sum up of how I feel about each of them:

1. Aoife is very pretty but too much of a neurotic perfectionist & rich & famous
  2. Lyndie is too much of a fangirl to really be able to trust that she is falling for the man and not the "idol" she worships
  3. Kimmy and the whole setup in the beginning colored my perception of her too much for me to take her seriously
  4. And the situation with Bea was also offputting. Sure, I've been told about what was going on with Bea outside the game but there's no point in the game where I would learn that since I didn't feel like pursuing Kimmy or Bea.
  5. Chris is the most likely as she is the childhood best friend and I always lean that way in games, however I also feel like it might be best to move on from her. Obviously they've tried it before and for some reason it hasn't worked out.
Anyway, it's not that I don't like the characters. On the contrary I think you write them very well. However, I don't feel like the MC ending up with one of them makes sense as of yet.

Give him a musclebound blonde transgender Viking and you'll have him (and me as well). :ROFLMAO:
Adding Astrid to the game would just make the choice too easy! ;)

Reactions: thorin0815

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Hah! Good luck with that. It has been my experience that with most posters here on F95, that once they are turned off by a girl, they stay that way regardless of anything.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Alright my pretties, just checking for non patrons so everybody is on the same page. I'm still rendering, but alas I can only make my hardware work so fast, I'm really hoping to get this out next week, but I'm reticent to give an exact day, may be done early, may be done a bit later so I don't want to give an exact date only to make people sad. Send a hardware prayer and I'll be getting back to work now.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Alright my pretties, just checking for non patrons so everybody is on the same page. I'm still rendering, but alas I can only make my hardware work so fast, I'm really hoping to get this out next week, but I'm reticent to give an exact day, may be done early, may be done a bit later so I don't want to give an exact date only to make people sad. Send a hardware prayer and I'll be getting back to work now.
May the geFORCE be with you.

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: F1_V10 and STWAdev

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't dislike any of the girls and have saves for all of them.

I guess it may be that Aiofe is my fave as she gets in 2 saves.

I have Aiofe, Aiofe and Lyndie (with maybe B), B and Chris redeemed herself to fuck in the last update and got a replay for her save. It took me until this update to give Kimberley a proper playthrough. I didn't think she was who she made out to be (like B) but I wasn't sold on her until recently.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I don't dislike any of the girls and have saves for all of them.

I guess it may be that Aiofe is my fave as she gets in 2 saves.

I have Aiofe, Aiofe and Lyndie (with maybe B), B and Chris redeemed herself to fuck in the last update and got a replay for her save. It took me until this update to give Kimberley a proper playthrough. I didn't think she was who she made out to be (like B) but I wasn't sold on her until recently.
When I first started this game I told myself that as long as I could make a character that Ava didn't hate I would consider it a success. I've truly ascended now.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Which are we working on today, our sarcasm or our flattery?
I'm on a time crunch so I have to work on both at the same time. My social circle primarily relies on punching and grunting for communication, so I need to use the forum to practice conversating.

The real challenge will be seeing if you like the new girl, if I can go six for six I may just have tackled my greatest creative challenge. Well besides getting Mr. Friendly to acknowledge Aoife as his best gal.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm on a time crunch so I have to work on both at the same time. My social circle primarily relies on punching and grunting for communication, so I need to use the forum to practice conversating.

The real challenge will be seeing if you like the new girl, if I can go six for six I may just have tackled my greatest creative challenge. Well besides getting Mr. Friendly to acknowledge Aoife as his best gal.
As much as adore Friendly, and I really do, guy is an absolute gem .... he is really fussy when it comes to his women in games.

If you can get him to admit Aoife is best girl you will have achieved what many other devs will never do.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

LOL, Aoife is too stressful a girl for me... Just thinking about the MC dating a woman who is always in the public eye and a perfectionist stresses me out. She is beautiful, a well rendered woman, and her personality is great, it's what comes with dating her that makes me hesitate. Similar situation as Lexi in LoF. That life seems exhausting, living it with them doesn't strike me as fun.

As much as adore Friendly, and I really do, guy is an absolute gem .... he is really fussy when it comes to his women in games.

If you can get him to admit Aoife is best girl you will have achieved what many other devs will never do.
Well... Not sure how to respond to that. I usually assume that people are being sarcastic on these forums. Regardless, I sincerely have nothing but positive things to say about you, Ava :love: . I agree with you on a lot of things in these games. And I am not going to stop because I agree I can be very fussy about the women in these games. The best girl for me is usually the best friend, a redhead gets bonus points, as do petite women (irl I married a woman who is 2 of the 3, she's not a redhead). So if I was to pick someone in this game I am leaning toward Chris though right now I am not committing.

So not seeing me going Aoife unless Chris does something horrid to the MC next update... Or Aoife is suddenly not the only daughter of the most influential woman in town.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Avaron1974

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I saw in Patreon that 3/4 of the Renders for the next update are done. Does this mean the ETA is a couple of weeks?

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes