VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
There are cousins too, a pair of them if memory serves.

They will probably be appearing in one of them.
I didn't know that. if that's the case I'm now going to request that all three games need one of Aoife's family as a possible romance. I'm not really a fan of Aoife in this game but I won't deny she is a total smoke show along with her Mum and Aunt though it would be funny if one of her cousins is an ugly boot just for a laugh.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Even so, there is a bit of lack in content and I stand by my thoughts. The chapters, while good, do feel short a times. Though if the last chapter, which sounds to be large, makes up for everything, then I will gladly say so. Here and now though, it's good, needs some typos and spelling fixes here and there, but is missing a little.
I was surprised by what you wrote here... it seems to me that you have a preconceived notion of the typical length a chapter must be for a VN to be better than "good". I don't see it that way, even if I do acknowledge that I did recognise that some chapters had more content than others. But I don't think that's important really; what matters is if each chapter seem relevant, interesting and meaningful: and I think they tick all those boxes. Good times come and go, they don't all last the same amount of time and it's more about living the moment.

EDIT... I find all the girls interesting, but BEATRIX is lush.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
After playing this update my ranking of the ladies goes:

MC's right hand while living out his quiet drama free life... :ROFLMAO:
Lyndie
Aoife
Beatrix
Dru
Chris
Kimmy

It's really difficult to make a decision on which person he will end up with as I don't want any of them to be heartbroken. I also hope that the LI won't appear as LI in any of the other follow up games. Not sure I am going to be cool with one of them fucking Valentine or the mystery other MC (the other male friend?).

Anyway, looking forward to what the future holds...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I also hope that the LI won't appear as LI in any of the other follow up games. Not sure I am going to be cool with one of them fucking Valentine or the mystery other MC (the other male friend?).

Anyway, looking forward to what the future holds...
As far as i'm aware the other 2 games will have entirely different cast of girls.

I know Aoife's aunt is going to be a major character in one of them. Whether that's as a love interest or not I don't know but i'd say it's possible, I believe she is single.

From what I can gather they will all tie together but with different characters as focus. There will be some crossover but not of love interests.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
As far as i'm aware the other 2 games will have entirely different cast of girls.

I know Aoife's aunt is going to be a major character in one of them. Whether that's as a love interest or not I don't know but i'd say it's possible, I believe she is single.

From what I can gather they will all tie together but with different characters as focus. There will be some crossover but not of love interests.
Oh good, I was worried that if this MC didn't get with Chris then maybe Valentine swoops in, etc. Not that the MC (or I) has any right to be possessive about someone he didn't choose in the end. But it would be really weird to feel like I've already colored my opinion about someone because of the previous game.

I really wonder if STWAdev will have us answer a survey before we start the next game... Or if the games will have no impact on each other whatsoever. I mean in terms of who this MC ends up with or doesn't...

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Oh, and that reveal at the end! That's a backstory which needs telling!
You won't have to wait long, how that whole thing came to be will be answered next update.

I also hope that the LI won't appear as LI in any of the other follow up games.
No worries on that front, all girls are pretty set to their own protagonists. The only time they'll appear is if the MC of this game were to have a cameo with his chosen girl in the next game. Some, but not all choices will have minor effects on that game, but Valentine and our current MC have very separate paths.

She and her daughters Aoife's cousins will all be LI's in the 3rd.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
She and her daughters Aoife's cousins will all be LI's in the 3rd.
That's awesome.

We haven't met the cousins yet but I really want to know more about the aunt, she seems like a really interesting character.

What I really want is to learn about her relationship with Aoife's mother and how they met and got so close. Seems like there is quite the tale there if indeed it is told at all.

P.S. To be fair, the whole family is quite interesting. I'd love her mothers tale too, I mean she took over an entire city and became one of, if not the, most powerful woman in the country. That's no small feat.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
No worries on that front, all girls are pretty set to their own protagonists. The only time they'll appear is if the MC of this game were to have a cameo with his chosen girl in the next game. Some, but not all choices will have minor effects on that game, but Valentine and our current MC have very separate paths.
So this infers that the MCs will always be male... I would have really liked to see one of the Episodes with a female MC just because your writing is so good and it would have given a different perspective; decent female MCs are few and far between and I think you could nail it. From just playing the VN for the first time, I was very impressed and will continue to play the next "episodes" too no matter the MCs gender ;)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So this infers that the MCs will always be male... I would have really liked to see one of the Episodes with a female MC just because your writing is so good and it would have given a different perspective; decent female MCs are few and far between and I think you could nail it. From just playing the VN for the first time, I was very impressed and will continue to play the next "episodes" too no matter the MCs gender ;)
It seems like the MC's will be the male friends of this games MC. One game is Valentine, the guy this MC speaks to last update I think.

Reactions: eightypercent

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It seems like the MC's will be the male friends of this games MC. One game is Valentine, the guy this MC speaks to last update I think.
Good to know, thanks! So one game to be based in London perhaps? That would be cool... and rainy, and full of bad food jokes?
Davis is the other friend. If this is about the three guys who were friends with Chris. Valentine and Davis enlisted together supposedly.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I would have really liked to see one of the Episodes with a female MC just because your writing is so good and it would have given a different perspective
I've considered doing a game with a female MC just not sure if I can pull it off just yet, but it's something that's always been in the back of my head. I've also considered doing a small little one chapter story about Aoife's mom just to see a bit of where she come's from and how Aoife came to be.
So one game to be based in London perhaps? That would be cool... and rainy, and full of bad food jokes?
Yep, the next game will be based in London, my favourite city in the world, but I'll still be taking the piss out of it.

What I really want is to learn about her relationship with Aoife's mother and how they met and got so close. Seems like there is quite the tale there if indeed it is told at all.
I believe I've mentioned before, but I also love their relationship, they are the original Aoife and Lyndie. Much of their story is tied into Aoife and her birth which I've given a few scant clues for people to make conclusions on. As mentioned briefly by Aoife this update she was born in Ireland, and her mother didn't really have her power at that point, Meabh is instrumental in how that comes to be, some of which will be shown in the 3rd game. If I end up doing my one shot story about Camilla we'll see it from her eyes.

Davis is the other friend. If this is about the three guys who were friends with Chris. Valentine and Davis enlisted together supposedly.
Yep, Davis and Valentine enlisted together, Davis will not be an MC in the future, but his friendship with Valentine will be a huge part of the next game, lots going on there.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I've considered doing a game with a female MC just not sure if I can pull it off just yet, but it's something that's always been in the back of my head. I've also considered doing a small little one chapter story about Aoife's mom just to see a bit of where she come's from and how Aoife came to be.

Yep, the next game will be based in London, my favourite city in the world, but I'll still be taking the piss out of it.

I believe I've mentioned before, but I also love their relationship, they are the original Aoife and Lyndie. Much of their story is tied into Aoife and her birth which I've given a few scant clues for people to make conclusions on. As mentioned briefly by Aoife this update she was born in Ireland, and her mother didn't really have her power at that point, Meabh is instrumental in how that comes to be, some of which will be shown in the 3rd game. If I end up doing my one shot story about Camilla we'll see it from her eyes.

Yep, Davis and Valentine enlisted together, Davis will not be an MC in the future, but his friendship with Valentine will be a huge part of the next game, lot's going on there.
So am I not supposed to hate Aoife's mom and aunt? Because I do already (the aunt by association). I don't like people who abuse power or are jerks to their kids... Soooo right now not really interested in finding out anything about dearest mom and auntie. We shall see if you can change my mind.

And I am still not team Aoife... ;)

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
So am I not supposed to hate Aoife's mom and aunt? Because I do already (the aunt by association). I don't like people who abuse power or are jerks to their kids... Soooo right now not really interested in finding out anything about dearest mom and auntie. We shall see if you can change my mind.

And I am still not team Aoife... ;)
You're totally allowed to hate Camilla, she's a complicated character and she's no doubt been cruel to her daughter. However it's also briefly mentioned by both Aoife and Beatrix that she wasn't always like that, there's more to her than meets the eye and just like with Chris earlier we're seeing much of her from the perspective of Aoife who has her own bias. Meabh on the other hand...well she's an objectively not good person, but she has her own honor code that she follows very strictly. I think most people can infer though that she's not just some overpriced LA attorney, she has a much different side. It will be much more explored in the future.

Reactions: Walter Victor

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I was surprised by what you wrote here... it seems to me that you have a preconceived notion of the typical length a chapter must be for a VN to be better than "good". I don't see it that way, even if I do acknowledge that I did recognise that some chapters had more content than others. But I don't think that's important really; what matters is if each chapter seem relevant, interesting and meaningful: and I think they tick all those boxes. Good times come and go, they don't all last the same amount of time and it's more about living the moment.

EDIT... I find all the girls interesting, but BEATRIX is lush.
Your not wrong. Then again I judge, view, interpret, and review things in different lights and meanings than most.

If I was to make a baseline review of this game: Story is pretty solid, with some laughs and heartfelt twists. Characters are all great both in terms of model and character. One stickler for me though is the feeling of lack of content: The fun times with two certain someones, the assistant, bestie companion, etc. It feels like there should be more, specially if there is only to be eight chapters. But then again, I am judging and reviewing this in the here and now and not what is projected/planned/ideas based.

So Overall, in the here and now, 7.5/10.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I have to say an overall very well done game and very enjoyable until now, even if maybe bit easy to lock yourself out of routes already and miss scenes because of that. Then that seems to be a conscious choice of dev so fair enough. The one thing I did not like was the fact that you more or less had to choose between that talk with Beatrix and going to Lyndie at the very end.

Especially since the talk with Beatrix was not sexually in nature and after that earlier talk with her at party I could not see my MC not wanting to talk with her while not going to Lyndie after what she offered also is a no go for an MC that is interested in her. Feels that choice was just a bit too early in Beatrix story and an unfair moment.

A choice in which one you would be interested in as LI or would have wanted sex with would have been fair enough, but a choice between after being asked to be first with Lyndie which should have serious consequences if not turn up then without option to tell her Beatrix needs you as a friend at that moment and not being there as a friend for someone who seriously needs you , with the importance for being there for his friends MC has, did not feel like a fair choice in the end. Since it felt like letting Beatrix down as a friend or blowing up relation with Lyndie and not a choice between who you wanted to be your lovers. Even without wanting a sexual relation with Beatrix, my MC would have wanted the chance to be there for her as a friend first and foremost as well, without having to blow up relation with Lyndie for that.

Last edited:

Frank Rosario

Engaged Member
Jan 1, 2018
Here is the Italian translation of "The author" version "Ch5".
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The link is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "The author" versione "Ch5".
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

Il link è:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes