VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
I always delete the cache and the .rpyc files with every game if the .rpy files are also available. In the past I had problems with it on occasion, so now I always do it out of habit. Maybe that could help with your problem too.
Too late now since i got pissed and deleted the whole fucking folder, but i'll keep it in mind for future games/fuckups so thanks :)

Reactions: thorin0815

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Too late now since i got pissed and deleted the whole fucking folder, but i'll keep it in mind for future games/fuckups so thanks :)
Dev posted a new version on Patreon, but you'll probably need an updated WT mod for it.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Eeep... The new version (5.1) broke saves. :( I tried to manually add the new variables in the console and resaving under the original version, but it didn't work... Gonna try one more thing. :unsure:

EDIT: No luck. I'll be replaying my routes since I wasn't smart enough to keep my old saves. Kind of at a loss to explain why they wouldn't load though since Dev didn't make any changes in the last label of the script...

For anybody smarter than me who is curious, here's the traceback:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
Dev posted a new version on Patreon, but you'll probably need an updated WT mod for it.

I noticed and have already downloaded it, still using the 5.0 WT though and it's working so far. I'll take the headache if it fucks up later on.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I noticed and have already downloaded it, still using the 5.0 WT though and it's working so far. I'll take the headache if it fucks up later on.
The PDF walkthrough will be fine, but if you're using a walkthrough mod, that works by replacing the script file. So the 5.0 version won't have the changes Dev made in 5.1 included. Essentially, you downloaded the 5.1 version of the game and replaced the new script with the old one. Does that make sense?

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
The PDF walkthrough will be fine, but if you're using a walkthrough mod, that works by replacing the script file. So the 5.0 version won't have the changes Dev made in 5.1 included. Essentially, you downloaded the 5.1 version of the game and replaced the new script with the old one. Does that make sense?
Yep, i downloaded 5.1 but i'm using the 5.0 mod, sofar it works as it should as far as i can tell.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Yep, i downloaded 5.1 but i'm using the 5.0 mod, sofar it works as it should as far as i can tell.
It will "work" as in it will run and you can play it, but that mod doesn't contain the variable changes that Dev made in 5.1 so when you go to play chapter 6 when it comes out, you may experience problems.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I must be dense, but what and where is the "B/L choice" ?

Where you decide to go see Bea or go see Lyndie very near the end of 5.0?

Reactions: Glooskabe

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Alright all, fixed what was borking the bugfix so compatibility should be restored, the links have been updated on my post and I'm sure here soon. Cheers.
What has changed compared to version Ch5.1?
(in script.rpy I did not notice any changes except a new file date)

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
The original 5.1 was compiled on an older version of Renpy that I had on my laptop, which caused saves made in the newer versions to go wonky, this new upload is just the same file compiled in updated renpy to fix that, I don't think it will effect your mod.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes