VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
I know one can only dream, but I would like more choices for the MC, including the opportunity to clearly reject some of the girls. Of course, it would be a ton of work for the dev, so I won't get my hopes it'll ever happen too high.
I love most of the girls, but sometimes I'd like to have more agency, like:
"Sorry Aoife, but I'm not your pet BF. Let's stay just friends."
"Sorry gals but I have no interest in Ashlynn. I know she's a fan but I don't care about her that way."
"Kimmy, you have an appointment with doctor Quinzell. If you wanna keep your job, you have to go."
"Bea, I'm NOT interested in your BFFs, it's your sweet ass I'm after!"
"Girls, I'm not a fucking prize in a competition! Get off me!"

Last edited:

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Yeah I can see your point I do feel sorry for her and agree that she is probably very likely to harm herself, but like I said she also really freaks me out and makes me worried she is going to end up like another crazy redhead from a different game.
I didn't want to rate your point of view negatively either, unfortunately I lost a good friend this year to suicide due to mental disorders. Due to the damn Covid Virus, I couldn't take care of him enough, because I belong to the high-risk group and just talking on the phone wasn't enough. Unfortunately, I was only able to interpret some signals too late.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I'll say as I always say, everybody will walk away from this alive, even our dear demented Kimmy. I've said since the very first update when she was getting the dislike she was that I wrote her very deliberately to be a certain way. When the veil comes off and her behavior is seen through a different context I'm hoping that y'all will pick up what I'm putting down. Remember I don't require people to have a 180 on her, just that by seeing her differently she's understood.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I'll say as I always say, everybody will walk away from this alive, even our dear demented Kimmy. I've said since the very first update when she was getting the dislike she was that I wrote her very deliberately to be a certain way. When the veil comes off and her behavior is seen through a different context I'm hoping that y'all will pick up what I'm putting down. Remember I don't require people to have a 180 on her, just that by seeing her differently she's understood.
Nothing wrong with a bit of suspense. Even if demented she is interesting enough to warrant attention. ;)
Oh, and I definitely have to support this project, patreon +1 and good luck!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Thing is... In a real world context and all (I know this is a game) people would have more options in how they handle Kimmy (or any of the women). Someone could either choose to leave the party and go find out what is wrong with Kimmy (if they consider her a friend) or try to distance themselves from her as much as possible (if they kept her as an assistant only). Not being given a choice on how to deal with her is frustrating... I know it's a story, your story, but it would be nice if the MC had a bit more choice in how he reacted to people or acted towards them. There are moments where the MC being proactive and calling people, discussing things with them, etc would be refreshing.

And I am not saying that just in terms of your story but in most games a MC reacts to what happens instead of acting and, perhaps, causing/initiating what happens. It is a point of frustration for me when it comes to games. I know we've talked about it before and I do look forward to my Dobler moment... Just have to figure out my MC's Ione Skye in the game.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Thing is... In a real world context and all (I know this is a game) people would have more options in how they handle Kimmy (or any of the women). Someone could either choose to leave the party and go find out what is wrong with Kimmy (if they consider her a friend) or try to distance themselves from her as much as possible (if they kept her as an assistant only). Not being given a choice on how to deal with her is frustrating... I know it's a story, your story, but it would be nice if the MC had a bit more choice in how he reacted to people or acted towards them. There are moments where the MC being proactive and calling people, discussing things with them, etc would be refreshing.

And I am not saying that just in terms of your story but in most games a MC reacts to what happens instead of acting and, perhaps, causing/initiating what happens. It is a point of frustration for me when it comes to games. I know we've talked about it before and I do look forward to my Dobler moment... Just have to figure out my MC's Ione Skye in the game.
Fair enough, and certainly that's something as a developer I'm still trying to find my sweet spot with.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Hold on! Let's not get crazy here! What makes you think Ace can write, render, and code? ;)
Oh I don't know....I have a hunch he would be good at teasing us with a bunch of girls then forcing us to chose just one or maybe a couple....you know.....kinda like STWAdev did with us here.....It's like they are twins or something...

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Oh I don't know....I have a hunch he would be good at teasing us with a bunch of girls then forcing us to chose just one or maybe a couple....you know.....kinda like STWAdev did with us here.....It's like they are twins or something...
So what you are saying is that the two of them are as evil as this guy?

giphy.gif

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Nah, Ava's on her own level. The wrath she can rain down on people for asking about harems is truly inspiring. Perhaps one day I can attain some of that evil eloquence... :ROFLMAO:
She really is in a league of her own, isn't she :) Ace and STWAdev have quite a bit to go before reaching Ava's level :)

Reactions: MrFriendly

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Did I miss something earlier in the game regarding that last scene with Beatrix, was that alluded to earlier or was it out of the blue?

Man I really like this game :) (don't be jealous Ace, I like yours alot to ;) )

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Did I miss something earlier in the game regarding that last scene with Beatrix, was that alluded to earlier or was it out of the blue?

There is a few times where it is kind of mentioned. The best example is when Aoife takes you to the pool and Bea gets disgusted at the idea of doing anything sexual with Aoife.

Reactions: MrFriendly

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
There is a few times where it is kind of mentioned. The best example is when Aoife takes you to the pool and Bea gets disgusted at the idea of doing anything sexual with Aoife.
That completely flew by me.......man I must be getting old :)

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020

I alluded to it a few times, but you most likely will only notice now in context.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes