VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
what's new in 5.1? i completed beta version and found no errors. does the new version have anything new?
There was some backend code changes in regards to the end update choice involving Beatrix and Lyndie, if your save is after that point there's a chance it could mess with saves in the next update. If you have a save before that choice you can probably wait until next update and play from there, or just take care of it now. Either works I just try to make sure to let everybody know asap so they don't get a shitty start over if it can be avoided.

Reactions: d_pedestrian

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Alright all, fixed what was borking the bugfix so compatibility should be restored, the links have been updated on my post and I'm sure here soon. Cheers.
Thanks for the fast fix. All my saves are now completed to end of chapter.
After playing this, I decided that what I really want for Christmas is a Lyndie / Beatrix throuple.

Reactions: erkper

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hmm, I had no problems with my old save, even though I used a different mod with the last version.
lucky you.

like said earlier older mod was better since it allowed to see all scenes.

well gotta replay it with iamb's mod once it's updated.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You're leaving Aoife out in the cold? You meanie... :devilish:
Well keeping her in as well would likely require a patch due to our friends at P for that route. Though you never know with them, that is the problem. They could also decide since the game is not focused on that relation and has enough story content without it they will allow it or they can go all bonkers over it. I have not been able from the outside to see any real rhyme or reason to their decisions when comes to their TOS.

That route could make some sense though, with how the three of them are together, but just as with the B/L choice at end of chapter 5 I do not know enough about plans of dev and what he has hidden about character of the women in his view. So I can easily be wrong and it is impossible to work for good reasons in dev's opinion.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Well keeping her in as well would likely require a patch due to our friends at P for that route. Though you never know with them, that is the problem. They could also decide since the game is not focused on that relation and has enough story content without it they will allow it or they can go all bonkers over it. I have not been able from the outside to see any real rhyme or reason to their decisions when comes to their TOS.

That route could make some sense though, with how the three of them are together, but just as with the B/L choice at end of chapter 5 I do not know enough about plans of dev and what he has hidden about character of the women in his view. So I can easily be wrong and it is impossible to work for good reasons in dev's opinion.
I fail to see how a guy dating two... ahem... roommates at the same time breaks any rules whatsoever as long as they don't have sex with him at the same time... ( Something I would LOVE to see, btw, but does NOT need to happen in this scenario.) However, I have to admit the folks at THAT place aren't always rational.

EDIT: I guess I should also make clear what I am and am not doing here. I am NOT demanding anything. I have too much respect for the Dev and his story to do that. I'm not even seriously asking for anything. I understand his reticence to take the story in that direction. What I AM doing is pointing out another path which seems to be supported by the story so-far and would be desirable as an option to some small subset of players but seems to be being dismissed from fear and a fundamental misunderstanding of the kind of relationship dynamic implied. (Everybody seems to assume that in a poly relationship, of course everybody's fucking each other, but that just isn't the case. I mean, technically, you can have an ace polycule where nobody is fucking each other. Not very interesting from an H-game perspective, but there you go!)

Last edited:

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I fail to see how a guy dating two... ahem... roommates at the same time breaks any rules whatsoever as long as they don't have sex with him at the same time... ( Something I would LOVE to see, btw, but does NOT need to happen in this scenario.) However, I have to admit the folks at THAT place aren't always rational.

EDIT: I guess I should also make clear what I am and am not doing here. I am NOT demanding anything. I have too much respect for the Dev and his story to do that. I'm not even seriously asking for anything. I understand his reticence to take the story in that direction. What I AM doing is pointing out another path which seems to be supported by the story so-far and would be desirable as an option to some small subset of players but seems to be being dismissed from fear and a fundamental misunderstanding of the kind of relationship dynamic implied. (Everybody seems to assume that in a poly relationship, of course everybody's fucking each other, but that just isn't the case. I mean, technically, you can have an ace polycule where nobody is fucking each other. Not very interesting from an H-game perspective, but there you go!)
I'll also make it clear that no pressure is felt from the developer end, this is just polite discussion which is always welcomed. I'll also point out that I've been a very long lurker in the F95 community and knew when the project started that people would be doing some code digging. Now I'm not saying anything specific, but I wouldn't put it past me to keep things out of the code for secrecy purposes. Or put them in for deception. I have a few more tricks up my ole sleeves. Believe in the me that believes in you.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I'll also make it clear that no pressure is felt from the developer end, this is just polite discussion which is always welcomed. I'll also point out that I've been a very long lurker in the F95 community and knew when the project started that people would be doing some code digging. Now I'm not saying anything specific, but I wouldn't put it past me to keep things out of the code for secrecy purposes. Or put them in for deception. I have a few more tricks up my ole sleeves. Believe in the me that believes in you.
Oh, believe me, I'm well aware of that possibility. You a sneaky Mofo! :p

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Shit!

What a wonderful story. I cannot possibly imagine that happening to me IRL. So many beautiful women showing such an interest in the MC and it is all clashing at the same moment. Can you make a choice? I can't. If I take one girl, it breaks the hearts or dashes the hopes of two or more others. It was starting to look like there might have been a harem option, but not any longer. I'm also not one of those who keep a bunch of save games to follow each of the individual paths.

Very well done, dev. Keep trudging forward and best of luck with the game.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Shit!

What a wonderful story. I cannot possibly imagine that happening to me IRL. So many beautiful women showing such an interest in the MC and it is all clashing at the same moment. Can you make a choice? I can't. If I take one girl, it breaks the hearts or dashes the hopes of two or more others. It was starting to look like there might have been a harem option, but not any longer. I'm also not one of those who keep a bunch of save games to follow each of the individual paths.

Very well done, dev. Keep trudging forward and best of luck with the game.
I can completely relate to you here.
When debugging my mods there are games, checking all routes is sometimes a little boring, just work. And then there are ones, I'm really lucky to "have to" do that. Well, and in this one i liked EVERY route. And although (or just because) I tried them all, I still can' t really decide which girl to choose...

Reactions: Glooskabe and DA22

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Damn! How did I not play this one sooner? My coterie of fellow pervs have been neglecting me by not mentioning this game. The only hard thing about this game is choosing the girls and that in the beginning I thought it would be possible to nab Aoife, Lyndi, and Beatrix. :*|

Sep 9, 2020
I have been playing some games that I found here recently and somehow this one has always escaped my attention. But honestly I don't know why that happened. I think the story writing is one of the best around there. My heart broke however when I have just reached this end. A three girl ending would have been my favourite, I could not possible choose between the three girls, they all have something I find appealing. At this moment I am guttered with the choice I will have to make at some time. Without giving away too much, I can very well relate to the MC and I don't think he is a passive character at all. But sometimes in life, there are just so many stones thrown at you, that you stop avoiding them and just go for a backwards position.

Forgive my English as it isn't my native language...

Congrats to the dev for this one, I will be following you around...

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
(except for Kimmy - she's just insane and I am starting to fear that she will be trying to hold people hostage and someone will die).
Kimmy makes me even more terrified of her she really needs professional help or I'm worried she might cause another housefire I really get the feeling she is Bipolar
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For me it is exactly the other way round, the more terrifiying she acts, the closer I want to be to be able to protect her from herself. Sure, she definitely needs professional help, but having a friend (not a fuckbuddy) by her side is just as important, if not more important. I would have very much wished that we could have followed her when she left the party. Seldom have I been more worried about a fictional character, but that also speaks for STWAdev's fantastic work.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Last edited:

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
For me it is exactly the other way round, the more terrifiying she acts, the closer I want to be to be able to protect her from herself. Sure, she definitely needs professional help, but having a friend (not a fuckbuddy) by her side is just as important, if not more important. I would have very much wished that we could have followed her when she left the party. Seldom have I been more worried about a fictional character, but that also speaks for STWAdev's fantastic work.
Yeah I can see your point I do feel sorry for her and agree that she is probably very likely to harm herself, but like I said she also really freaks me out and makes me worried she is going to end up like another crazy redhead from a different game.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes