VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Again I can't thank Avaron1974 enough for sharing HER knowledge in the titles she recommends.. Really enjoying this one.. 'back and save' try another path.. 'back, reload'. When I take one path I feel bad about a girl I'm not paying as much attention to as I think I should.. but when I take another path.... kinda damned if I do and damned if I don't. They charactors have so much personality written into them you get those feeling bad moments that I personally hate.(but in a good way?) Think 'Acting Lessons'.. NOT the fire/choose one or the other kind of thing.. but when you are picking one of the other girls and are worried how Megan's charactor is going to react somewhere down the line. Just a well written piece of work.

And what boggles the mind is we are going to get a whole 'universe' of this. Wishing nothing but great things for the "Something To Write About" series to come. STWAdev is the real deal.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Besides the information below STWAdev announced his next game. Not posting that here, please go support him on Patreon if you can. Obviously he is dedicated and working hard on his games.
(STWAdev, if it is an issue that I posted this let me know and I will delete it).

FYI:

Howdy Howdy, another month is upon us, and boy I can't believe 2020 is almost over. A few in house announcements, as you may have already seen I popped up the teaser for the next STWA game yesterday, feel free to take a look at that if interested. Starting later this week we're going to have some polls to help me design two of the characters in the next game, so keep your eyes peeled.
Of course the priority and focus here is The Author, so lets share some info. Coding is now 95% complete and posing and rendering are starting in earnest. Above is one of our first renders which will be giving us some insight into the little bit of info that ended our last episode. This episode is going to be the big one, and many questions are finally going to get their answer, I'm very excited to see if I can pull off what I've had in store effectively. I can't say too much or risk spoiling everything so I'll let it be.
Saturday we'll have our usual 5 and up post, I'll also be releasing my thank you renders for reaching my first patron goal soon as well, but of course update renders have to come first so I'm sneaking them in when I can.
Thank you all for the support, hope you have a great month and I'll be seeing you again shortly!
Sláinte!

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Besides the information below STWAdev announced his next game. Not posting that here, please go support him on Patreon if you can. Obviously he is dedicated and working hard on his games.
(STWAdev, if it is an issue that I posted this let me know and I will delete it).

FYI:

Howdy Howdy, another month is upon us, and boy I can't believe 2020 is almost over. A few in house announcements, as you may have already seen I popped up the teaser for the next STWA game yesterday, feel free to take a look at that if interested. Starting later this week we're going to have some polls to help me design two of the characters in the next game, so keep your eyes peeled.
Of course the priority and focus here is The Author, so lets share some info. Coding is now 95% complete and posing and rendering are starting in earnest. Above is one of our first renders which will be giving us some insight into the little bit of info that ended our last episode. This episode is going to be the big one, and many questions are finally going to get their answer, I'm very excited to see if I can pull off what I've had in store effectively. I can't say too much or risk spoiling everything so I'll let it be.
Saturday we'll have our usual 5 and up post, I'll also be releasing my thank you renders for reaching my first patron goal soon as well, but of course update renders have to come first so I'm sneaking them in when I can.
Thank you all for the support, hope you have a great month and I'll be seeing you again shortly!
Sláinte!
Nope, no issue on my end, thanks for asking, but we're totally cool.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Stupid question, from the writing in parts of the vn it sounds b can be added with the throuple? Is that so? And is that the only non one on one choice? Not complaining just asking

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Stupid question, from the writing in parts of the vn it sounds b can be added with the throuple? Is that so? And is that the only non one on one choice? Not complaining just asking
Think B was originally not even meant to be a LI and she does not seem to be interested in incest. So unless dev rethought it she is unlikely candidate to be added to throuple unless dev changed his mind. Admittedly there is enough in the story there the dev can if he wishes to, but until now storyline and choices you have to make more say no than yes. Especially that hard choice between B and L at end.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Think B was originally not even meant to be a LI and she does not seem to be interested in incest. So unless dev rethought it she is unlikely candidate to be added to throuple unless dev changed his mind. Admittedly there is enough in the story there the dev can if he wishes to, but until now storyline and choices you have to make more say no than yes. Especially that hard choice between B and L at end.
The writing and the mod kind of threw me off. Felt like I was making some wrong choices since she wasn't added. So thank you. So I am correct though that the rest of the choices are just mf?

Side note I don't want all the vns I play to harem or to all be anything. But fuck if ever LI in this damn thing is hot and lovable. The choices are hard for it:mad::ROFLMAO:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The writing and the mod kind of threw me off. Felt like I was making some wrong choices since she wasn't added. So thank you. So I am correct though that the rest of the choices are just mf?

Side note I don't want all the vns I play to harem or to all be anything. But fuck if ever LI in this damn thing is hot and lovable. The choices are hard for it:mad::ROFLMAO:
Yeah I agree, this is one of those games where it will be hard to leave any girl behind, since they all deserve to be loved and cared for in their own way. Ah well, that is a natural disadvantage of every reversed harem game. :) To that question only the dev knows the answer and will not give since will be a spoiler.

I would not be surprised if dev might change his mind on B before end if he feels the chars take him that way, but I do not think there will be any trio or harem beyond those three girls and my suspicion is it will be only the two based on remarks dev and story as set up until now, but B might change his mind. Characters sometimes have a mind of their own during development.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
T
Yeah I agree, this is one of those games where it will be hard to leave any girl behind, since they all deserve to be loved and cared for in their own way. Ah well, that is a natural disadvantage of every reversed harem game. :) To that question only the dev knows the answer and will not give since will be a spoiler.

I would not be surprised if dev might change his mind on B before end if he feels the chars take him that way, but I do not think there will be any trio or harem beyond those three girls and my suspicion is it will be only the two based on remarks dev and story as set up until now, but B might change his mind. Characters sometimes have a mind of their own during development.
Thanks again for the well worded and thought out responses:) I can't wait to find out honestly

Reactions: DA22

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
don't play become a rock star then. :p
Full disclosure i got half way through and put it to the side. For some reason in that vn I felt it was irrating having to chose so soon in it. To me this vn feels more natural with the choses. I'll probably brave though it in an update or two. :) but thank you for the warning i wish I had it before I started that one

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Full disclosure i got half way through and put it to the side. For some reason in that vn I felt it was irrating having to chose so soon in it. To me this vn feels more natural with the choses. I'll probably brave though it in an update or two. :) but thank you for the warning i wish I had it before I started that one
Well I am waiting for the fallout over the shooting to first be resolved before playing that game again. To me a school example of a bad cliffhanger that should be resolved quickly and not one to take a holiday after and make an extra big and long update after. Every time I am reminded of that game I get a flashback of the sadness I felt at end of the update, it has taken my pleasure in the game away. (Now do not get me wrong I am for devs taking holidays and take care of themselves, but not after ending an update on a serious downer that needs resolving quickly. :p)

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
His player base will grow but it's going to be a steady rise.

Seen it before with devs that do the same thing, story based games are slower to build up as they take longer to spread around.

Due to how many games get abandoned, investing in something heavily story based is a risk because you run the chance of it being dropped and will never see the end of that tale.

It's happened to me on more than one occasion.

Devs that work on story games build up as they complete work. Once people see their games get finished more people are willing to risk backing financially.

Assuming the devs learn the lessons of the past and don't repeat the same mistakes. A dev that made games I loved based around lesbians only wanted that one big game that was going to net him pure bank. He was growing steadily as games got finished but he hadn't got that one big moment so he started abandoning games after 2 updates if people didn't back his patreon and this happened a few times with his main and a couple of alt accounts to the point where he lost the player base he'd built up and was laughed off the site.

The balls in the devs court here.

So far it's been fantastic now he just needs to hit the next 2 updates and stick the landing on a great ending which should lead him nicely into the next game of the series.

Also helps if people shill for devs like this. Those that don't cover fetishes don't get spoken of as much so those sigs really help or a mention in games list etc...

I have it mentioned in my sig but i'm in a bit of a tight spot when it comes to sig stuff as Notty of Heavy Five is a friend so I can't take hers off, other devs I enjoy have to settle for links. I post enough that they should get some notice anyway.
I needed to get some info from the developer because, as you know, I won't support games that feature the abuse of women. He assured me that it won't happen. I started promoting the game in the discussion threads of some popular games. One player said that he would give it a try and later posted that he and his wife started playing it and were enjoying it. Hopefully that will drive more traffic this way.

freakanime

Oct 14, 2018
Great game Aoife is so gorgeous though other girls are great also. Hoping Aoife Mom/Aunt can get some action maybe not with MC but with the new game?

The game is really underrated I think the banner failed to showcase how great the game is.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Great game Aoife is so gorgeous though other girls are great also. Hoping Aoife Mom/Aunt can get some action maybe not with MC but with the new game?

The game is really underrated I think the banner failed to showcase how great the game is.
aoife's mommy doesn't exactly like mc.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Is there a PDF walkthrough for this game? I can only find the walkthrough up to chapter 4.
I do use walkthrough mods, but with the PDF you know where you're heading.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes