VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I'm on the opposite side of Mr. Friendly here. Will Meabh be romanceable in a future game? Also, more black haired ladies please.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
You can't escape her Aoife's sexy aunt is inevitable just accept it. :D
View attachment 933334
Not until we are in the endgame...

Maybe there is NTR content, then you can at least watch some action with natural redheads. :LOL:
:unsure:

You're gonna kill me, I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard.
Rinbael's trying to kill the dev! Someone call the authorities!

I'm on the opposite side of Mr. Friendly here. Will Meabh be romanceable in a future game? Also, more black haired ladies please.
I am a lover of all women... Pale women with dark hair is second on my list.

In fact I would love to see more diversity in races in all LI in games. So maybe STWAdev could include some lovely ladies who aren't blonde or redheaded white ladies?

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I am a lover of all women... Pale women with dark hair is second on my list.

In fact I would love to see more diversity in races in all LI in games. So maybe STWAdev could include some lovely ladies who aren't blonde or redheaded white ladies?
Not enough Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and African ladies in games like these that's for sure.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
You're gonna kill me, I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard.
I'm just wondering is there any chance you could tell me what assets you used for Meabh and if you used any morphs, I have some ideas for some fan art renders. I completely understand if you don't want to but I'm just curious.

I agree I would love to see some non white women in games as long as it's not the stock Monique model that you see in a lot of games. Apart from reincarnotica I can't think of any game that has a sexy Indian women in it.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Not enough Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and African ladies in games like these that's for sure.
I agree I would love to see some non white women in games as long as it's not the stock Monique model that you see in a lot of games. Apart from reincarnotica I can't think of any game that has a sexy Indian women in it.
I certainly hope to diversify as much as possible in my games. At the very least it certainly makes it easier to create unique models.

Next game has an Anglo Indian girl for sure, depending on how the patrons vote there's also potential for a Middle Eastern girl, Australian Aboriginal girl, or Japanese girl. I would also like to put an African girl, just haven't found a model I love yet.

Rinbeal I'm happy to pass those Meabh assets on to you, I'll take a look at my morphs and everything, I can also just send you the Duf later. I'll try and take care of that this week, just remind me if I forget, I've had like a million concussions so my memory can be finicky.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I certainly hope to diversify as much as possible in my games. At the very least it certainly makes it easier to create unique models.

Next game has an Anglo Indian girl for sure, depending on how the patrons vote there's also potential for a Middle Eastern girl, Australian Aboriginal girl, or Japanese girl. I would also like to put an African girl, just haven't found a model I love yet.

Rinbeal I'm happy to pass those Meabh assets on to you, I'll take a look at my morphs and everything, I can also just send you the Duf later. I'll try and take care of that this week, just remind me if I forget, I've had like a million concussions so my memory can be finicky.
Awesome! I look forward to it!

As for concussions... I understand that too well. Can't tell you the number of times I got my "bell rung", mostly cuz my memory is swiss cheese (full of holes and really cheesy).

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018

I can't wait to see those girls. It always just seems that people just use the same stock Monique model if they need a black girl in their game when their is so many other assets they could use.

Thank you :) . There's no rush it will give me something to do during lock down.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I can't wait to see those girls. It always just seems that people just use the same stock Monique model if they need a black girl in their game when their is so many other assets they could use.
I think a lot of that is because there aren't a lot of daz models and the Monique model has probably been pirated and distributed widely. I am hopeful we shall see more than that in future but if there's no one making the assets and the assets aren't available... You get Monique.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think a lot of that is because there aren't a lot of daz models and the Monique model has probably been pirated and distributed widely. I am hopeful we shall see more than that in future but if there's no one making the assets and the assets aren't available... You get Monique.
There are plenty of Assets for that look...have about 6 myself. The problem as you touched upon is...many don't want to actually buy them.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
There are quite a few assets for that look if they could be arsed looking for them. Though in my opinion if your going to make a game with a 3D artists models the least you could do is pay them for their work. I pirated assets to mess around with DAZ but it is solely for fan art and I don't ever plan to make a game.

I think if you are going to make a game that you want to stand out and make money from you could at least attempt to try and morph the character models a bit to make them stand out. The dev of this game did that and his models stand out more than other games DrPinkCake has a mix of custom models and stock models in his game which makes his game stand out much more.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
There are quite a few assets for that look if they could be arsed looking for them. Though in my opinion if your going to make a game with a 3D artists models the least you could do is pay them for their work. I pirated assets to mess around with DAZ but it is solely for fan art and I don't ever plan to make a game.

I think if you are going to make a game that you want to stand out and make money from you could at least attempt to try and morph the character models a bit to make them stand out. The dev of this game did that and his models stand out more than other games DrPinkCake has a mix of custom models and stock models in his game which makes his game stand out much more.
Absolutely, part of my goal with the next game is morphing the living shit out of models so they all feel at least a little more unique, plus it's fun.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Absolutely, part of my goal with the next game is morphing the living shit out of models so they all feel at least a little more unique, plus it's fun.
Yeah exactly I feel the same. Though I could do without seeing some of the monstrosities I created when I was messing around with morphs. You spend ages morphing a character to look good and you change the lighting and camera angle and end up with the elephant man.

• Haha
Reactions: Arigon

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Yeah exactly I feel the same. Though I could do without seeing some of the monstrosities I created when I was messing around with morphs. You spend ages morphing a character to look good and you change the lighting and camera angle and end up with the elephant man.
Oh you should have seen the early versions of Dru. She's about 4 different models morphed together so it took me some time to make her... not look like the spawn of Sawney Beane.

• Haha
Reactions: Rinbael

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
If I had any talent or a computer that I could mess around with Daz to do all the morphing, etc I would do it... Unfortunately I lack both. It's fun to see how much people can morph things, Chain Zero, Dev of Connected (which may be abandoned at this point) changed the models a lot so they'd be unique and because he thought it was fun.

Reactions: Rinbael

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Oh you should have seen the early versions of Dru. She's about 4 different models morphed together so it took me some time to make her... not look like the spawn of Sawney Beane.
I didn't think I would see someone mention Sawney Beane on this forum :ROFLMAO:. The caves where his inbred cannibal family supposedly lived is about twenty minutes from where I grew up.

If I had any talent or a computer that I could mess around with Daz to do all the morphing, etc I would do it... Unfortunately I lack both. It's fun to see how much people can morph things, Chain Zero, Dev of Connected (which may be abandoned at this point) changed the models a lot so they'd be unique and because he thought it was fun.
I understand that you might not be able to because of the lack of a decent computer. If you ever get the chance to try it you should do it it's really fun and there is plenty of tutorials on youtube or this site to help you. Funny you should mention ChainZero because he was really helpful in helping people with DAZ along with Recreation the dev of Bad Memories they are super helpful.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes