VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Evil is such a harsh word. Meabh is ruthless, pragmatic and certainly dangerous, but evil, no. And you never know with the circles she runs in if there isn't somebody much worse...

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Evil is such a harsh word. Meabh is ruthless, pragmatic and certainly dangerous, but evil, no. And you never know with the circles she runs in if there isn't somebody much worse...
You make her sound more like a female Tywin Lannister which to be honest seems kind of interesting.

Reactions: Maviarab

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It is all about perception, very few people see themselves as evil. I find criminals who are "ruthless, pragmatic, and certainly dangerous" can be and often are evil. It's the whole "ends justifying means" argument. It is why I have no interest in either the Aunt or mother whatsoever.

You make her sound more like a female Tywin Lannister which to be honest seems kind of interesting.
Not a fan so I don't get the reference... But interesting is good.

Reactions: erkper and Rinbael

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
That's actually a pretty decent comparison, probably a little less ruthless, but still a good one.

It is all about perception, very few people see themselves as evil. I find criminals who are "ruthless, pragmatic, and certainly dangerous" can be and often are evil. It's the whole "ends justifying means" argument. It is why I have no interest in either the Aunt or mother whatsoever.
Very true. As I've stated before Meabh is not a "good" person, she would say so herself. The question is once the vacuum fills up will I sway your opinion on her. Maybe I won't, and that's certainly a risk when you have people like that as characters. But of course that's a problem for future STWAdev, today I'm just happy to have a fun community with varied and interesting opinions.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That's actually a pretty decent comparison, probably a little less ruthless, but still a good one.

Very true. As I've stated before Meabh is not a "good" person, she would say so herself. The question is once the vacuum fills up will I sway your opinion on her. Maybe I won't, and that's certainly a risk when you have people like that as characters. But of course that's a problem for future STWAdev, today I'm just happy to have a fun community with varied and interesting opinions.
In games I like to play "good" guys and in AVN I like to date "good" people. Good is in quotes because as I slaughter my way through Night City I am sure that some people wouldn't agree with me about calling my V a good person. LOL

We shall see if you succeed, but as of right now you haven't swayed me to go for Aoife so your powers may not work on me. My grouchy layer is too thick :)

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
In games I like to play "good" guys and in AVN I like to date "good" people. Good is in quotes because as I slaughter my way through Night City I am sure that some people wouldn't agree with me about calling my V a good person. LOL

We shall see if you succeed, but as of right now you haven't swayed me to go for Aoife so your powers may not work on me. My grouchy layer is too thick :)
Nothing wrong with that. I wasted years of my life in Uni learning History and all historians barometers for good and evil gets a bit fucked up. You can only learn how many of your favourite figures were garbage people before you just sort of give up.

And I still have two more releases to sway you to team Aoife, so I won't admit defeat until the final bell.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Nothing wrong with that. I wasted years of my life in Uni learning History and all historians barometers for good and evil gets a bit fucked up. You can only learn how many of your favourite figures were garbage people before you just sort of give up.

And I still have two more releases to sway you to team Aoife, so I won't admit defeat until the final bell.
Just let Aoife dye her hair red, sometimes the simplest are the most effective ssolutions. :LOL:
:ROFLMAO:

At this point my ranking of the ladies of the STWA-verse is as follows:

Lyndie
Chris
Dru
B
Kimmy
Aoife
All other characters
the dumpster fire that metaphorically represents this year
Trixie

Reactions: thorin0815

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
1.Lydie
2.Aoife
3.B
4. Everybody else but Chris
5. Chris

Was so disappointed i couldn't have all my top three. But having my top two ain't bad.
I mean Meatloaf even sung a song about it so...

• Red Heart
Reactions: STWAdev

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Sigh... I suppose that will have to do for now.
Lol, it’s not like ginger Aoife lost to characters from someone else’s game. She lost to her best friend and the MC’s best friend. I just don’t find the baggage that comes with Aoife worth the trouble.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Lol, it’s not like ginger Aoife lost to characters from someone else’s game. She lost to her best friend and the MC’s best friend. I just don’t find the baggage that comes with Aoife worth the trouble.
I gotcha, and despite giving you the business I appreciate your love for others. Aoife is the fan favourite so it is nice to see that other people have a chance for some appreciation.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Yeah it is pretty disconcerting how many of them were closer to evil rather than good and are quite revered until this day. :) Think it was History Channel that did a series where many of them stood on the psychopath ladder and most scored very very high on that scale. :p

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Yeah it is pretty disconcerting how many of them were closer to evil rather than good and are quite revered until this day. :) Think it was History Channel that did a series where many of them stood on the psychopath ladder and most scored very very high on that scale. :p
Every believable villain is the hero in their own mind's story.

Reactions: thorin0815

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Every believable villain is the hero in their own mind's story.
The disconcerting thing is more that despite their actions, when you look at them from a more neutral point of view, so many of those people are still revered by millions and held as examples of great leaders and statesmen or women while most of them would be actually classed as psychopath if they were unknown and would have to be evaluated for a trial by psychiatrists. :p

Propaganda and especially self propaganda is still a very powerful tool as for example Julius Caesar taught us and his cousin Augustus even improved on it by a lot. (Funny thing is that Julius is the more revered of them due to his victories at all costs, while Augustus more or less laid the foundation for a style of rule that lasted for almost 2000 years and is still being followed.) Fake news is maybe a new word, but not a new concept. :)

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes