VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
There was something about 2 MC. Since I did't play it yet, it's all a big mistery to me.
This now comleted game is part 1 of a trilogy in the same universe. The other two will have different MC's but some mentions and cameos are to be expected. I THINK the next MC will be Valentine, this MC's friend that we videochat with.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've only just started playing it, I'm not an English speaker: is it just me or is it quite hard to read? I'm really struggling and it's my first time.

thanx

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I've only just started playing it, I'm not an English speaker: is it just me or is it quite hard to read? I'm really struggling and it's my first time.

thanx
I'm not a native english speaker either but I don't remember having problems with this game, do you have any examples, could just be my memory

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Her only appearance is in a flashback. There was a vote before Chapt 5 about who to introduce as a late-game LI. It was between Maria (MC's ex), Hannah (Lyndie's little sister) and Dru. Obviously, Dru won. If either of the others had won, they would have been introduced in Chapt 5 as the new LI and the story would have developed slightly differently.

thanx
It can be a little word dense at times which might be difficult for a non-native speaker. I hope you will stick with it though because the story is so so good!

extractied

Nov 11, 2016
This is such a nice game, with a very rich story (and also had a very uniform update rate until its finale, which I'm yet to play haha).

I have a suggestion, though. I believe this thread could reach a higher number of players/viewers if the preview pics were a bit more appealing, using a bit more vibrant pictures and a 'fancy' op cover pic as well.

Also wanna wish all the best for the dev in the next projects. The potential is really enormous :)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm not a native english speaker either but I don't remember having problems with this game, do you have any examples, could just be my memory
there is no particular sentence, but it always seems to me that there is the least 'immediate' word, which makes my reading less fluid.

I must be tired...:(

screenshot0002.png screenshot0001.png

thanks HP

Her only appearance is in a flashback. There was a vote before Chapt 5 about who to introduce as a late-game LI. It was between Maria (MC's ex), Hannah (Lyndie's little sister) and Dru. Obviously, Dru won. If either of the others had won, they would have been introduced in Chapt 5 as the new LI and the story would have developed slightly differently.

It can be a little word dense at times which might be difficult for a non-native speaker. I hope you will stick with it though because the story is so so good!
I'm not discouraged yet!!!

Reactions: Glooskabe

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
STWAdev
Congratulations on finishing your first project. I would have wished for a lot more content, but that's always the case with things you like. Anyway, I enjoyed the journey from start to finish and The Author will probably stay in my top 10 for a very long time. Thank you for all the time and effort you have invested and I will keep my fingers crossed that your next project will be just as successful.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
What's the NTR content on this game? Kind interested on playing it so a quick rundown would be nice
there is no particular sentence, but it always seems to me that there is the least 'immediate' word, which makes my reading less fluid.

I must be tired...:(

View attachment 1060704 View attachment 1060701

thanks HP

I'm not discouraged yet!!!
You have a point (and yes I am English), there should also be a comma in the first screenshot dialogue. I think it's more, how to say...it makes sense but yes you are right, it's not entirely fluid at times. I don't know the nationality of the dev but it's for me...it's (at times) English not by a true native. It never bothered me personally (as it's perfect compared compared to most of the shit around here) but I did also notice it. it's often not...organic.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
You have a point (and yes I am English), there should also be a comma in the first screenshot dialogue. I think it's more, how to say...it makes sense but yes you are right, it's not entirely fluid at times. I don't know the nationality of the dev but it's for me...it's (at times) English not by a true native. It never bothered me personally (as it's perfect compared compared to most of the shit around here) but I did also notice it. it's often not...organic.
He'll probably chime in eventually, but as far as I know, Dev is American. However, I believe he has spent some time in the UK.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
For what it's worth, I remember thinking at the beginning especially (it got less noticeable later on) that this was a different style of English than what we're used to and looking up multiple words I didn't know, which I do not remember from any other game. So it definitely is not just you.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes