VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
For what it's worth, I remember thinking at the beginning especially (it got less noticeable later on) that this was a different style of English than what we're used to and looking up multiple words I didn't know, which I do not remember from any other game. So it definitely is not just you.
Huh, i never had that problem....guess i'm more intelligent than you guys.....

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
STWAdev
Congratulations on finishing your first project. I would have wished for a lot more content, but that's always the case with things you like. Anyway, I enjoyed the journey from start to finish and The Author will probably stay in my top 10 for a very long time. Thank you for all the time and effort you have invested and I will keep my fingers crossed that your next project will be just as successful.
Also echo this sentiment STWAdev

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Really solid writing from the beginning to the end. The pace was good, the story weren't dragged out for too long neither it was too short. The characters were all likeable, there were several choices at the end, the endings were well done also. It could use some music to add something to the environment, but as far it's concerned, it's very well put together. Except...that MC face.

There are dozens of male character assets in Daz. This one is recolored one, where the recoloring screwed with the facial features, and for some weird reason it also uses female eyelashes. You could've just,
a, find a proper black/brown colored male asset and use that
b, leave it as it was originally
because this just looks outright horrible, at some renders it's like a Ken Doll went wrong during manufacturing.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Her only appearance is in a flashback. There was a vote before Chapt 5 about who to introduce as a late-game LI. It was between Maria (MC's ex), Hannah (Lyndie's little sister) and Dru. Obviously, Dru won. If either of the others had won, they would have been introduced in Chapt 5 as the new LI and the story would have developed slightly differently.
It's a pity that in the last chapter there is no scene with the ex and I don't mean that MC could renew the relationship with her and that she would be LI, but I wouldn't mind if there was a short meeting between MC and her, the more so because in the course of the game we learn that she is to visit LA and in addition at the beginning of chapter 5 there is a scene with a mysterious woman in a taxi and her words "I mostly came here to see somebody" suggest rather clearly that it is Marie who is MC's ex-gf and these words may suggest that she would like to meet the MC again.

So it's a shame in my opinion that the dev didn't give a chance to meet her and that MC could then literally tell her something like: "you're a stupid bitch and it's lucky that I discovered your betrayal and I didn't ruin my life by marrying you" and then additionally Christine would have kept her earlier word to MC and would have broken this Trixie's nose hehe :p

Reactions: erkper and Jimbog

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
the more so because in the course of the game we learn that she is to visit LA and in addition at the beginning of chapter 5 there is a scene with a mysterious woman in a taxi and her words "I mostly came here to see somebody" suggest rather clearly that it is Marie who is MC's ex-gf and these words may suggest that she would like to meet the MC again.
I can understand your disappointment there, but I think the scene you mention was meant to set up WHOMEVER the poll chose as the late-addition LI. In my playthroughs, I've never questioned that it might not be Dru since that's who we ended up with. However, had we got Marie, it would have also worked. In the case of Hannah, she probably would have been coming to LA to meet up with her estranged sister (Lyndie) rather than the MC, but the scene doesn't identify who the mystery woman came to town to see.

• Red Heart
Reactions: STWAdev
4.50 star(s) 124 Votes