VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Well, assuming Meabh is in the third game which, by what the dev has said, will be based around the Irish mob
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Safe to assume it's going to be a bit different than this and the next and with her only being a semi LI and me having no clue what that means other than she probably won't be the one to have a happy ending with....

Makes me wonder if both daughters will be LI's or just the nice one and the game revolves around trying to stop Meabh and her other crazy daughter from putting bullets in kneecaps for daring to touch one of their family.

Or if it would just be safer to date Sally from the Grocers as she isn't a gun toting lunatic and someone in Ireland has to be relatively sane .... right?
Of course that would rely on the MC being a good wholesome boy who has no affiliation of his own.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
So, how to get Kim's ending? I didn't get it here. When she asks to be treated more like an employer than friend, I chose second option. Do I need to choose first or third option? Or is it another way to achieve her ending?

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
So, how to get Kim's ending? I didn't get it here. When she asks to be treated more like an employer than friend, I chose second option. Do I need to choose first or third option? Or is it another way to achieve her ending?
Kim's ending is triggered solely on points, and the count is pretty strict.

A couple of places where you might trip up with her:
1) At the birthday party, don't flirt with B and don't tell Kim it's none of your business what she does. (I can't remember what the correct option is off the top of my head.)
2) At the point where she invites you back to her apartment and offers sex, choose to cuddle with her instead. (You get 2 points instead of 1.)
3) You should go to the party on the boat with her and Chris, and you should defend Chris in the argument with the producer.
4) After Thanksgiving, when she offers to have sex with you before she leaves, turn her down! (If you agree, you lose 2 points!)
5) When she asks you to tone down the flirting, RESPECT HER REQUEST! (i.e. don't suggest a "one last time" fuck, instead offer to cuddle her up and get to know each other better!)

There might be other places as well. Hers is a tricky ending to achieve.

Reactions: underoath27

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You need every single point and there a few you need to avoid.

Basically going for kims ending means losing points with other people so can't break off to get hers half way through.

The walkthrough mod does not help with that one, a lot of the green options work against Kim's ending if going for it legit and contrary to the other girls you need to turn down sex so it's not easy for people to get.

Kim is a pretty unique character when it comes to games like this both for her character and how to get her route.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Kim's ending is triggered solely on points, and the count is pretty strict.

A couple of places where you might trip up with her:
1) At the birthday party, don't flirt with B and don't tell Kim it's none of your business what she does. (I can't remember what the correct option is off the top of my head.)
2) At the point where she invites you back to her apartment and offers sex, choose to cuddle with her instead. (You get 2 points instead of 1.)
3) You should go to the party on the boat with her and Chris, and you should defend Chris in the argument with the producer.
4) After Thanksgiving, when she offers to have sex with you before she leaves, turn her down! (If you agree, you lose 2 points!)
5) When she asks you to tone down the flirting, RESPECT HER REQUEST! (i.e. don't suggest a "one last time" fuck, instead offer to cuddle her up and get to know each other better!)

There might be other places as well. Hers is a tricky ending to achieve.
Yea, I changed some actions and got her ending. Thanks!

Reactions: Glooskabe

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
You need every single point and there a few you need to avoid.

Basically going for kims ending means losing points with other people so can't break off to get hers half way through.

The walkthrough mod does not help with that one, a lot of the green options work against Kim's ending if going for it legit and contrary to the other girls you need to turn down sex so it's not easy for people to get.

Kim is a pretty unique character when it comes to games like this both for her character and how to get her route.
Indeed, some options are green but it isn't so good to Kim. I changed some actions and I reached her ending. Thanks!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Probably one of my fave things about the endings is they fit the characters so well.

Kim's is great. It's not the full on romance the others have but it follows so well with the last chapter and her mental health stuff.

I was really indifferent to Kim all the way through until the last 2 chapters and I adored her then.

I did flip and flop a bit with the LI's in this game. At first I was on the throuple band wagon then hopped on the Chris train but B was a bit of a sneak and by the time i'd realised it every option on my main playthrough had been for her and she was the first ending I had. It kinda dawned on me she'd been my fave all along.

I really like Chris too though.

I don't think there was a bad character. Dru had it harder coming in as late as she did but with a great story and connection to the MC she didn't feel like an outsider.

I never wanted a harem as i'm not into those, they always look ridiculous to me, but I did find it a little bit sad they drifted apart and went their separate ways. It's always sad when friends do that and we all do it as we get older and settle down.

Really looking forward to the next one which is similar to this but i'm also looking forward to third although it will be a bit different. I don't know about any characters from the next but there are at least 3 in the third I want to know more about especially Maebh. I think, if my memory hasn't failed, Caoimhe is one of her daughters but I don't know if the other was mentioned.

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Probably one of my fave things about the endings is they fit the characters so well.

Kim's is great. It's not the full on romance the others have but it follows so well with the last chapter and her mental health stuff.

I was really indifferent to Kim all the way through until the last 2 chapters and I adored her then.

I did flip and flop a bit with the LI's in this game. At first I was on the throuple band wagon then hopped on the Chris train but B was a bit of a sneak and by the time i'd realised it every option on my main playthrough had been for her and she was the first ending I had. It kinda dawned on me she'd been my fave all along.

I really like Chris too though.

I don't think there was a bad character. Dru had it harder coming in as late as she did but with a great story and connection to the MC she didn't feel like an outsider.

I never wanted a harem as i'm not into those, they always look ridiculous to me, but I did find it a little bit sad they drifted apart and went their separate ways. It's always sad when friends do that and we all do it as we get older and settle down.

Really looking forward to the next one which is similar to this but i'm also looking forward to third although it will be a bit different. I don't know about any characters from the next but there are at least 3 in the third I want to know more about especially Maebh. I think, if my memory hasn't failed, Caoimhe is one of her daughters but I don't know if the other was mentioned.
I thought Caoimhe was the one working for Meabh that would kill people, dont remember it being mentioned she was Meabh's daughter either but fits with what was said, they would think she was her sister and since we know she has twins and one is good the other is evil it fits even more. How the hell did you catch that?!???!? :WaitWhat::WaitWhat::WaitWhat:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I thought Caoimhe was the one working for Meabh that would kill people, dont remember it being mentioned she was Meabh's daughter either but fits with what was said, they would think she was her sister and since we know she has twins and one is good the other is evil it fits even more. How the hell did you catch that?!???!? :WaitWhat::WaitWhat::WaitWhat:
I missed it the first time, caught it the second.

I know none of the twins have been named it just fit with what we do know.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
This was great. I ended up with the Thruple ending, pretty much all the way, as once it became a thing, I went full on that route. Not because it was a thruple, but because Aiofe was without a doubt perfect, and Ashlynn was as well. I could not choose between them if I had to. The idea of Mother in Law sex did enter my mind very briefly, then Auntie in law sex.... but I purged those thoughts as both those women would eat me alive.

I had a heart string moment with Kim..... she really pulled me. She was the reason I was able to write the book, and I wanted to dedicate the book to her.

Dru...... fook.... Dru was a tough one. Not tough on my preferred ending, but tough on the heart strings. The real me, probably would have gone team Dru no doubt, as I have this whole knight in rusty clanky armor thing. Which is not what Dru needed, she doesn't need rescuing, she was a rescuer.. people like her exist, but they are so rare...

Chris... dude, she was so hard to not go down memory lane with.... but I felt like that is what it might be, and so I shied away from that. I am an emerging normal healthy person, who does not need to be mired down in my past, so I felt like being kind to Chris... tumble with her after we made up, but then friend zone her again quickly.

B- fook she is adorable. I really liked her, and I ended up with her on one of my endings, kind of by accident I guess. I can live with that. What an adorable lady.

STWAdev, Thank you for sharing your story. I look forward to the next ones, and if you manage to put them on Steam I will buy them all.
Peace!

Reactions: youngethan

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
ok so far i have finished 4 endings .. none of which gave me B ... i'll keep at it .. but so far no choices have lead me to her ..... urghhhh .... love the game tho .... truly incredible ... coodoo's to the Dev (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The funny part on B's story is the whole slut persona she built up and tried to convince her friends she was sexually experienced but Aoife knew all along she was lying.

The look on B's face when Aoife tells her amuses me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ImperialD

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
What I find interesting is that at various points in the game you find yourself drawn to every girl at least once. In my case the overwhelming draw was Aiofe, and in the path where she was committed to Lyndie that drew me into the throuple. That said if Aiofe wasn't in the game I could have easily and willingly found myself with any of the others. Each of them had so much to offer. Which I suppose is the point of the game.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
What I find interesting is that at various points in the game you find yourself drawn to every girl at least once. In my case the overwhelming draw was Aiofe, and in the path where she was committed to Lyndie that drew me into the throuple. That said if Aiofe wasn't in the game I could have easily and willingly found myself with any of the others. Each of them had so much to offer. Which I suppose is the point of the game.
yeah i hear ya .. mine is Dru and lyndie ... Chris is 3rd :love:

erkper

May 16, 2018
My favs in this game changed so much and so often. Started out hard set on the throuple path, at various points shifted to Lyndie, B, Dru. As others have said none of the girls are wrong choices - though for personal reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with bad character, art, or writing I did not and will not ever pursue Kim - and the beautiful thing is, every time I went through and played to a different route and finish I gained new insight and appreciation of every single character. My first finished route was the throuple, and I posted a few pages back that I wished for more exposition on Aoife's mindset in that ending, only to find exactly that in another ending (Aoife's solo route.) After playing to 8 of the 9 possible endings my final answer favorite route/endings are:

Lyndie
Aoife
Dru
B
Throuple
Spicy B
Chris
None

Reactions: MV_1999
4.50 star(s) 124 Votes