VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I am looking forward to the next two Somethings to Write About.
Well, if I am honest, I am both looking forward to, and anxious, and possibly a little afraid.
Irish Mobster Vibes are what I am talking about here, and while I love mob stories, I love characters from this story, and am hoping that Aiofe's Auntie does not impact them too much... but if she does, I am hoping it is in a positive way!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I am looking forward to the next two Somethings to Write About.
Well, if I am honest, I am both looking forward to, and anxious, and possibly a little afraid.
Irish Mobster Vibes are what I am talking about here, and while I love mob stories, I love characters from this story, and am hoping that Aiofe's Auntie does not impact them too much... but if she does, I am hoping it is in a positive way!
The mob one is the third one and is set to be a bit different.

The second one will be similar to this.

As for Aoife's aunt .... she is high up in the Irish mob and one of the most dangerous people in the games possibly second to her daughter who is incredibly violent.

She is only a semi love interest and I don't know quite what that means in regards to the game. Whether she's going to be part of a throuple like thing similar to this game or if she's only going to be a fling remains to be seen but it doesn't seem like she'll be getting the happy ever after ending.

Reactions: thorin0815

erkper

May 16, 2018
Ok I've gotten the Aofe, Lindy, Chris, Dru, Throuple, and nobody endings. I'm having trouble getting any of the others. Are there any walkthroughs that don't involve installing a mod?
Yes there is, sort of. There was a pdf walkthrough written up to chapter 4, search it in this thread and you should find it. It should be very helpful to get the B and Kim endings you're looking for. If you use the walkthrough to the end of Ch 4, you should be able to reason your way to the endings from there.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
The mob one is the third one and is set to be a bit different.

The second one will be similar to this.

As for Aoife's aunt .... she is high up in the Irish mob and one of the most dangerous people in the games possibly second to her daughter who is incredibly violent.

She is only a semi love interest and I don't know quite what that means in regards to the game. Whether she's going to be part of a throuple like thing similar to this game or if she's only going to be a fling remains to be seen but it doesn't seem like she'll be getting the happy ever after ending.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

D

Deleted member 3181804

Playing this game right now and it's a real jewel in the sand. The MC isn't some perverted sex-crazed teenager that you get in so many of these games. He's a quiet, insular individual who I related to immediately. The people you meet are so real, so true to life. I love Lyndie...she is dark and mysterious to begin with, but blossoms as you get to know her. I have laughed and cried...not since 'Acting Lessons' have I done that. This is a beautiful game that explores thoughts, feelings and emotions, where the characters are like real people and you treat them with the respect they deserve. It doesn't have a lot of sex scenes in it, but it doesn't need to have...this game doesn't require the sex to keep it riveting and entertaining...the story does that! And then you meet 'Dru'...and then it's 'floodgate warnings'!! This game feels so organic and the writing is brilliant. It made me think of Dr. Pinkcake's work because the similarity is there! I am so impressed with this, I might actually subscribe to the Patreon page!

D

Deleted member 3181804

REVIEW - not posted in REVIEWS section...

I just finished with all the CH 7 endings... Going to be objective:

I have to say, if the player is in it for the plot and story, they will be pleased. However, the game does NOT seem to have any real PUNCH to the drama presented.

If the player is seeking an interesting story and characters who have sex once or twice total throughout the game, then you'll be mildly satisfied. (note, I don't qualify boob jobs or blow jobs as "sex" or very - if at all - entertaining)

If the player is hoping for a really great sexy game with lots of bedroom action, this is DEFINITELY not your game.

As I said, the writing could use either HUMOR or DRAMATIC PUNCH.
Right now, it's just a basic boy who meets multiple girls and they help him get less depressed so he can finish writing a sequel to a book that made him famous... story... that has a lot of basic scenes, uninspired writing, and NO ANIMATION other than transitions between 2-3 slides of a single body part moving.

The characters lack passion and drive. The 'twists' are missing motivation for the Player to care or truly want to be with any of the girls. Or maybe I missed something that FIVE STAR rating players found awesome...

The sound and cheat mod helps a little, but the script could use some polishing for grammar, word choice, spelling, and story punch up, as ironic as a game labeled "The Author" might require it.

And the hair... wow... i know the DEV worked the commentary into the script about a couple of the women who have completely hideous hair styles, but DAMN!

As a game developer yourself, why are you shooting down another developer? Maybe because they are creating something better than you ever will! Don't be such a bitch!! Objective?...my arse!

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I have tryed the game, and for now I am liking all the LIs... I have read that there is no harem ending (I don't know if there may be an ending with several LIs) so I guess then I'll leave the game (I never see more than one ending, and I'm not much of a fan of choosing between LIs that interest me). The story is interesting, and I like the characters. But with the way I play I will not be able to finish the game, so I prefer to leave it at the beginning.

In any case thanks STWAdev for the game.

erkper

May 16, 2018
As a game developer yourself, why are you shooting down another developer? Maybe because they are creating something better than you ever will! Don't be such a bitch!! Objective?...my arse!
I wouldn't put much stock into anything this "Game Developer" has to say - he paid so much attention while running through that one of his posts is to ask to rename the girls because he has no idea how to pronounce Aoife - despite the fact she explicitly pronounces it herself in game...

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
so after playing completely thru the endings .. i have to say .. the most touching to me at least is B's ... then eee - faaa's :love: love the way its pronounced :love:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've only done two runs so far, so my judgement is necessarily partial (the trouple with Aofie and Lyndie and the one with Kimberly only).

the problem I had at the beginning with the "fluidity" of the dialogues is gone, so I think I got used to it, I doubt I became smarter...

a strange game, which definitely focuses more on the story than on the appearance (although the renders are good, the animations are practically non-existent and the lewd scenes are few, very few, they are even less than those that are told to us).

the story works, I rely on an empirical method, if at the end I feel interested even in the characters that I liked less it means that the story is good.

for the player it's a very comforting story, at the end all the female characters (Kimberly is partially an exception) have immediately more than positive feelings towards MC, MC's drama is something in the past that doesn't affect us, as players, that much (the ex could be, but she remains in the background quite unexpectedly), there's no nemesis, a real antagonist neither for MC nor for the girls.

I didn't quite understand the problem between Mc and Cristine, for being his best friend, who finds him a job and lends him the house, who has always had strong feelings for him, it's not clear this resentment that should be between them, which is presented as something important but then vanishes like snow in the sun at their first meeting (as if they had never met before...)

also Drusilla has a borderline behaviour, but it is coherent with the character we are told.

the most profound character is Kimberly, the only one who seems to escape a happy ending, surely she is the one who gives something more to the whole story.

from what I've read we'll see this universe again, and in particular the dark side of May and her "sister", in the next works. surely they will have my curiosity

in conclusion, thank you for the game STWAdev

Reactions: Glooskabe

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Finally finished the music/audio part for my Mod. Download links and some more infos on my Mod page here.

Reactions: DVC804

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I didn't quite understand the problem between Mc and Cristine, for being his best friend, who finds him a job and lends him the house, who has always had strong feelings for him, it's not clear this resentment that should be between them, which is presented as something important but then vanishes like snow in the sun at their first meeting (as if they had never met before...)
First, I'm glad you stuck with it when it was difficult at first.

As for the problem of Chris... This will necessarily be subjective for a lot of players, I think, depending on personal experiences. The immediate source of the issues between them stems from the MC feeling that Chris abandoned him when he was at his lowest and most vulnerable. It can absolutely be argued that Chris' reasons for leaving/avoiding MC make sense. She could probably say with complete honesty that she felt pushed away. However, for me personally, this is a huge betrayal of the person who is supposed to be her oldest and closest friend, someone she is supposed to have been in love with for years. You just don't abandon somebody that important to you without serious consequences even if sticking by them would be difficult and uncomfortable. Even if it's not happy fun times for awhile, her mere presence in his life would tend to help his recovery whereas her absence from it seems to have prolonged his misery and reinforced his feelings of isolation and general unworthiness.

The things that she does to help MC (a temporary job and place to crash) are inarguably good and helpful. However, they are also coupled with her continued absence leaving him (and us as the player) to wonder if they are just meant to ease her conscience.

When she finally comes back to town, then the process of forgiveness and healing can begin. For me, though, I never felt like she fully acknowledged how badly she hurt him, and she leaned a bit too heavily on how hard it was on HER to see him that way... For this reason, I was never able to fully embrace her as a bone fide LI even though I was okay with accepting her back as a treasured friend. I said this somewhere--not sure if it was here or on Discord--It seems clear to me that if Chris had stuck by MC during his recovery, he would have been hers. It's a huge tragedy since it's clear that they could have been wonderful together. However, as I said above, actions have consequences, and for ME at least, her leaving him behind in his brokenness disqualified her from having him when he managed to get put back together.

Of course, as I said above, this is MY subjective take on the situation, and as always, YMMV!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
First, I'm glad you stuck with it when it was difficult at first.

As for the problem of Chris... This will necessarily be subjective for a lot of players, I think, depending on personal experiences. The immediate source of the issues between them stems from the MC feeling that Chris abandoned him when he was at his lowest and most vulnerable. It can absolutely be argued that Chris' reasons for leaving/avoiding MC make sense. She could probably say with complete honesty that she felt pushed away. However, for me personally, this is a huge betrayal of the person who is supposed to be her oldest and closest friend, someone she is supposed to have been in love with for years. You just don't abandon somebody that important to you without serious consequences even if sticking by them would be difficult and uncomfortable. Even if it's not happy fun times for awhile, her mere presence in his life would tend to help his recovery whereas her absence from it seems to have prolonged his misery and reinforced his feelings of isolation and general unworthiness.

The things that she does to help MC (a temporary job and place to crash) are inarguably good and helpful. However, they are also coupled with her continued absence leaving him (and us as the player) to wonder if they are just meant to ease her conscience.

When she finally comes back to town, then the process of forgiveness and healing can begin. For me, though, I never felt like she fully acknowledged how badly she hurt him, and she leaned a bit too heavily on how hard it was on HER to see him that way... For this reason, I was never able to fully embrace her as a bone fide LI even though I was okay with accepting her back as a treasured friend. I said this somewhere--not sure if it was here or on Discord--It seems clear to me that if Chris had stuck by MC during his recovery, he would have been hers. It's a huge tragedy since it's clear that they could have been wonderful together. However, as I said above, actions have consequences, and for ME at least, her leaving him behind in his brokenness disqualified her from having him when he managed to get put back together.

Of course, as I said above, this is MY subjective take on the situation, and as always, YMMV!
the misunderstanding, the anger, the suspicion between the two is believable, what I find less believable is how long it lasts and how soon afterwards it disappears.
It looks like an argument between children, but dragged out for an abnormal amount of time.

when Mc, who by now has already opened up to the girls, so he is no longer in the midst of "mourning", wants to take his stuff and disappear without even talking to her is a grotesque scene...

then you are right that every event we evaluate is done through the lens of our personal experience.

Alexornis

Feb 23, 2019
Here's my compressed version.
Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev] - Original Size: 1.94 GB

Download Win,Linux (716MB)
: - -
Download Mac (702MB): - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
where android ?

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes