GregJ66

May 22, 2017
I always throw some money at a game if I like it. I used to only rely on demo versions, but I find f95 to be more convenient for searching for games/mods etc. I don't particularly care if they care about me in particular not giving them any more money. My individual contributions would not make a difference. My comment was one of courtesy to let them know that how they were behaving was driving away some support. I believe they have the right to behave however they want; I have the right to express my disapproval.
Any dev has a right to defend their work, and he may have been a bit of an asshole about what he said but he also wasn't wrong. It's not like he went on some curse word fueled insulting rant.

So it's hardly something worth getting butt-hurt about from a third-party perspective and trying to look like some sort of disapproving father on an NSFW gaming piracy site of all places. It just look like you're trying to justify your piracy - which you don't really need to do around here mate.

Reactions: Genji and KaiserST

SubjectTest3?

Apr 15, 2018
Can someone create a separate thread for the rebuild? It is technically two separate games, and it'll be less confusing as to which one people are referring to.

Grifter

Feb 1, 2018
can you give me clone Terra save?
If someone knows where the saves are, i will give you mine. Which also has pretty much every available cell content unlocked, if i am not mistaken.

By the way, am i dreaming or i saw somewhere that you can actually get some DP action with Artemis?
That would be a fucking dream come true. Specially if WW or Superwoman get the same.

Grifter

Feb 1, 2018
And finally, so far i only got Mercy getting eated out by Killer Frost, any of the rest of henchwomen have that scene? And is the trigger pure RNG?

SubjectTest3?

Apr 15, 2018
If someone knows where the saves are, i will give you mine. Which also has pretty much every available cell content unlocked, if i am not mistaken.

By the way, am i dreaming or i saw somewhere that you can actually get some DP action with Artemis?
That would be a fucking dream come true. Specially if WW or Superwoman get the same.
Here is KasierST's save for V_2.2.111

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
Can someone create a separate thread for the rebuild? It is technically two separate games, and it'll be less confusing as to which one people are referring to.
That would be counterproductive as, in the near future(?), the promise is there that the 'regular' game will be discontinued in favor of the rebuild. I hesitate to speculate on whether they can do that within a year or a few months but if so then there's no reason to split the community.

blackmeow13

Mar 29, 2019
I always know if you're going to make this game great, it has to rebuilt, cos Fungus is so limited.
But when you guys is indeed doing it, I still fell amazed, it is A LOT OF WORK, it needs some real determination.
As a player whom has played this game since 1.555, I would say 'THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS GAME REBUILD'

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Just a friendly mod reminder to not let it get personal. I see people trying to make a point and get their perspective heard. That's all good to see but let's not get into name-calling or insults. Listen, I know that someone's point of view might make you upset or you might wonder how they came to that conclusion. It's best to respond with a question instead of an accusation.

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
so they're remaking the game cause the "backend" is all sorts of fucked ?
If that's the case ? will they continue to make two versions of the game for each update ? or just wait till the remake catches up to the original then discontinue it ?
PS. English isn't my language, I may have missed the point in all of this talking
Hello, the game development team has already answered to this question:
"To make this abundantly clear: SU’S DEVELOPMENT WILL NOT SLOW OR PAUSE! SU: REBUILT IS BEING CREATED IN TANDEM! The old version will continue to have content added to it and be the primary version until SU: Rebuilt catches up to it."
So you do not have to worry that the game will not be updated every 2 months;)

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
But we should worry about whether or not that content will continue to be worthwhile. The SU team has failed to hold to their schedule the last two months, and have a very, very long history of small, uninteresting updates. Adding to the workload may have a negative effect.

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
But we should worry about whether or not that content will continue to be worthwhile. The SU team has failed to hold to their schedule the last two months, and have a very, very long history of small, uninteresting updates. Adding to the workload may have a negative effect.
The rebuild doesn't add anything to SR7's workload whatsoever.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Any dev has a right to defend their work, and he may have been a bit of an asshole about what he said but he also wasn't wrong. It's not like he went on some curse word fueled insulting rant.

So it's hardly something worth getting butt-hurt about from a third-party perspective and trying to look like some sort of disapproving father on an NSFW gaming piracy site of all places. It just look like you're trying to justify your piracy - which you don't really need to do around here mate.
This isn't just a pirate site. Mostly its a place to discuss these games. It's really why it's so popular IMO. You can get these games pirated by the chans if you wanted to but the discussions here are much friendlier.

A lot of members support devs who have posted games here and even better some devs got their start here before moving on to patreon. As you spend more time on the site you may find that a large chunk of the developers hang out here too. A lot of direct feedback can come from the players on this site. Look at the difference between This developers messages (not GG he's been pretty solid. Sorry GG) and Darkhound1 on holiday Island. You can see how someone has worked with players, used the site for advertising and even though he has kept systems people dislike, he is still reguarded favorably. For a developer, this place can be a treasure chest of knowledge.

Just because you pirate the game doesn't mean others are. Not everyone here is here for free games.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
To echo SR7 its being made in tandem by another developer on the team. It doesn't slow down development. And the last two months? I dunno I felt they held their schedule pretty tight. and the change to bimonthly updates was the improvement over the historical small updates we've been getting in the past. I mean comparitively were getting at least a nearly double the content we used to get over a two month period.

You can't expect releases to happen down to the day and time. Not even AAA games do that so its asking way too much here, but he's hitting the mark pretty close so im good with it.

Reactions: Gunsmoke Games

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
And finally, so far i only got Mercy getting eated out by Killer Frost, any of the rest of henchwomen have that scene? And is the trigger pure RNG?
I believe so. I'm pretty sure I got the same for Harley and Cheshire from just visiting her cell.
Are there others?

EDIT: I just got Galatea scene. Far as I know, no other scenes outside of these four have proc'd for me yet, eventhough I have all the Henchwomen unlocked.

Reactions: Grifter

GregJ66

May 22, 2017
This isn't just a pirate site. Mostly its a place to discuss these games. It's really why it's so popular IMO. You can get these games pirated by the chans if you wanted to but the discussions here are much friendlier.

A lot of members support devs who have posted games here and even better some devs got their start here before moving on to patreon. As you spend more time on the site you may find that a large chunk of the developers hang out here too. A lot of direct feedback can come from the players on this site. Look at the difference between This developers messages and Darkhound1 on holiday Island. You can see how someone has worked with players, used the site for advertising and even though he has kept systems people dislike, he is still reguarded favorably. For a developer, this place can be a treasure chest of knowledge.

Just because you pirate the game doesn't mean others are. Not everyone here is here for free games.
You also came at him sideways and he wasn't wrong pointing out that you clearly didn't take the time to read the text prominently displayed in the demo.

He also wasn't wrong about your math. You didn't consider that getting to any girl takes half the clicks as the full size of the list. So if there are 18 heroines to choose from, it takes 9 to reach everyone, not 18. Also, as people are set or removed because they're assigned elsewhere, or in cells, or their device level isn't high enough to be reached, the list gets shorter. You extrapolated so the first option takes 9 clicks to reach everything, the next take 8, and so on. And that's only if the person you wanted to pick was always in the middle of the list. It takes progressively less outside of the middle.

Could he have not been snide or a dick? Absolutely. But you also clearly weren't listening to what he said and you were saying "This is worse" while completely mis-characterizing the system you were talking about. One that I think shows a lot more thought than people saying they want drag-and-drop back give it credit for.

Personally, I'd rather a dev be emotional than always give us the suit-and-tie bullshit. It's part of what's ruining AAA games and makes it impossible to trust those companies. I'll take a dev that'll debate over one that'll smile and nod as shit goes in one ear and out the other.

I've also noticed in my lurking that the Locke does seem to always argue on his personal account rather than the official one.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
You also came at him sideways and he wasn't wrong pointing out that you clearly didn't take the time to read the text prominently displayed in the demo.
He was already being pretty aggressive to members before I said anything. As I stated in my posts I read them, But by default they will be redundant to the map no matter what he does with it. Also, its cliche as fuck. I didn't even know he was working on the project at the first post, I was still under the impression SR7 was still working alone. I don't follow this game 100% of the time.

He also wasn't wrong about your math. You didn't consider that getting to any girl takes half the clicks as the full size of the list. So if there are 18 heroines to choose from, it takes 9 to reach everyone, not 18. Also, as people are set or removed because they're assigned elsewhere, or in cells, or their device level isn't high enough to be reached, the list gets shorter. You extrapolated so the first option takes 9 clicks to reach everything, the next take 8, and so on. And that's only if the person you wanted to pick was always in the middle of the list. It takes progressively less outside of the middle.
Your assuming you know exactly where that person is on the list. if I start going 9 steps one way, dont find them, i have to move the remaining 9 forward. It does diminish over time. but at 50 characters, as I stated it would be an average of 20 to 30 clicks. Which lines up exactly with what you are saying. so at greater number, players could find themselves clicking nearly 300 times to find all the characters to fill their 18 slots. Vs clicking and dragging 18 times. I mean once you get past the first character being on the end of the list you are already doing more than you would have previously at just 18 characters. The feature solves one problem of the click and drag bugginess but sacrifices its gameplay aspect of easily choosing the girl you want to fill the role.

The Random feature was very good though.

Could he have not been snide or a dick? Absolutely. But you also clearly weren't listening to what he said and you were saying "This is worse" while completely mis-characterizing the system you were talking about. One that I think shows a lot more thought than people saying they want drag-and-drop back give it credit for.
I played it and saw its future flaws. You wont see the characters availible, you will click through the list looking for someone specific and he's relying on you to go to the vault for specifics and use the random button instead. Its a feature that relys on player fatigue to take a shortcut. I simply like being able to look at the choices availible and choose.

Personally, I'd rather a dev be emotional than always give us the suit-and-tie bullshit. It's part of what's ruining AAA games and makes it impossible to trust those companies. I'll take a dev that'll debate over one that'll smile and nod as shit goes in one ear and out the other.
Being passionate is not the same as simply being rude to your potential customers. No ones asking for lip service. He simply doesn't have to defend himself either. Best advice would be if you dont like the complaint to ignore it and keep going on. I've given this advice to devs in the past; If you feel emotional about it, simply do not engage.

I've also noticed in my lurking that the Locke does seem to always argue on his personal account rather than the official one.
I doubt he has access to the GG login which would be one reason. Put I do respect a bit of personal accountability.

GregJ66

May 22, 2017
Your assuming you know exactly where that person is on the list.
You do though. You can see in the demo that it's the same as the order you capture them in. It's also the same as their order listed in the Labs. And that's also a pretty easy thing to address. Ask him for a way to sort them. I bet if you asked for that instead of just saying the new way is shit, you would've gotten a better response.

but at 50 characters, as I stated it would be an average of 20 to 30 clicks.
In 4 years we're at what? 16 heroines to choose from? I know some people hope everyone from DC lore becomes recruit-able at some point, but I'm not sure it's going to get to that point. And the drag-and-drop would have the same sort of scaling problem. They also said it's a proof-of-concept. I'm no game dev but I bet they could come up with a solution if that did become an issue. He even already talked about making it possible to just click and hold. That would solve that problem at least somewhat.

I doubt he has access to the GG login which would be one reason. Put I do respect a bit of personal accountability. Your assuming you know exactly where that person is on the list.
Locke actually made the GG login to begin with and is usually the one responding with it which they said when they first took over the thread and started communicating more. I'd bet money he's the one who responded to Oriandu earlier today. You can go back in the thread history and see that. That's why you'll see SmokeShank sign his name when he responds.

He also said when he started using a personal account that he did so to make it clear when his stance was just his own and so he could be more personable.

I can understand not knowing any of this if you haven't been following the thread for the last year, but they have been very forthcoming with pretty much everything since they took the thread over.

And yeah, dude can be a hothead and fight at the drop of the dime, but if you see him in their Discord he's a pretty reasonable person almost to a fault.

4.00 star(s) 153 Votes