gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
Ok guys, im not programmer , but I know my fair share of coding. For the last week I tried to examine the code of the game
( latest version at this point).

First, take my statement with a some skepticism, because I dont know in what quantity bugs and errors occurs when you add content to the game.
Second, I only focused on the cell and leash code (which are basicly similar in coding)
If you would assume all the assets and writing is done, coding a cell from start to finish (just before leash) should take up mostly up to 6/7 hours if you dont run in any issues. You can do it quicker or slower, depending on how familiar you are with the code and if you have a preset pattern and only switch the variables.

For the leash scene I would guess 2-4 hours (maybe?) the code there was somewhat strange and I dindt really get most of the lines because they seem to be coded more difficult than they should be.

I tried to look into the vault too, but that thing is just spagetti code and I would suggest them to code this part completly from scratch again (its really programmed terrible).
I would guess without issues it would take 2-3 hours to get for example a new event in there, but it can take up to 12 or more hours ...

If they want a quicker update shedule they have to change the code ( make a wipe of all unnececary lines and test the whole game) or programm the game anew. There are so many parts of code which have no use in the game and just increase the size and error probability.
I dont want to say they are working slow under the given circumstances but 2 month should be more than enough time to code double the amount even with countless eroors accuring ( MAYBE I dont know how long they take to make assets and dialogue ).
What was your process for getting the code? You claim to not be a programmer, but decompiling a unity game isn't straightforward.

Jul 2, 2017
What was your process for getting the code? You claim to not be a programmer, but decompiling a unity game isn't straightforward.
I used a programm to convert certain files to a Java /Unity Script from there on you can just scroll through parts of the code. Most is asset placements as well as scene placements, mostly spagetti from what I can tell, dont know íf the dev has a certain system for coding , but doesnt seem like it to me. From there on you have to search for certain key words he uses, thats how i managed to somewhat coordinate myself in there. Just so you knwo I didnt make any changes to the code and just watched how it likely was programmend and estimated how long it would take. You can also see that most of the code for cell scene reperat with changed variables like names, locations, requirements as well as finding the locations and so on. The hard part was for me to find special events like henchwomen / heroine scenes which I still dont t understand.
Most of my IT knowledge I got from advanced IT classes during my bachelor. Its simple coding knowledge and NOT coding knowledge in unity, but I understand enough general coding, to kinda understand some of the simpler lines, as well how long it would take a professonal or somebody with experience to make them.
And even if you have limited IT knowledge you can see that there are some code lines which arent implemented and will confuse people who try to make future improvements on the game. Even making mods for the game like the money one and heroine capture mod which exists are really hard to code in this confusing mess and may break the game in a future update when they decide to change or modify the source code.
From my limited point of view I would suggest them to pause development for like 4-5 month and either fix the code (difficult and may break the game) or to rebuild it from scratch , so you can make updates more easily. In the long term, if they plan to keep updating for 2 or more years it would make their lives a whole lot easier. I think, coding may take them like 20 hours max per update and managing conflicting lines, bugs and errors are likely the main center of work to get and update out, not counting assets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theokrat

Skirata

Dec 7, 2017
.................Take a shot, if SR7 delay release for another day.............With every day I take one more shot..........I wonder which will give up first my liver or SR7.................................I would tell that this is better game than most, but It is killing me........or at least my liver.

jeeeddddd

Jun 14, 2018
Looking at Patron he gets about Canadian $209,624 (Which is the 2nd highest 46.62% tax bracket) with other stuff he's doing he may be at the highest at 50.40%. Patreon/Fees is about 8% on top of that. So it can be easily seen that he takes less than half of what you see on the Patreon page. So 100K Canadian annually across two people. That being said I think he's changed to a corporate tax this year which should be lower.

Yeah I think he's gotten better at assembling so new cells have less bugs.
Tax brackets are progressive, meaning that you don't magically pay the highest bracket for all your money. Your money is divided into pots, and you pay 0% in taxes in the 0$ to 15,000$ pot. You then pay 22% in taxes in the 15,000$ to 32,000$ pot, etc. Your 50.4% is flat out wrong.

Looking at Wealthsimple, his average tax rate is around 35-37% depending on his province. He's making 100K drawing hot chicks getting boned by a bald dude. But clearly he's very bad at planning. His communications, his time, his finances and his programming.

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018
Tax brackets are progressive, meaning that you don't magically pay the highest bracket for all your money. Your money is divided into pots, and you pay 0% in taxes in the 0$ to 15,000$ pot. You then pay 22% in taxes in the 15,000$ to 32,000$ pot, etc. Your 50.4% is flat out wrong.

Looking at Wealthsimple, his average tax rate is around 35-37% depending on his province. He's making 100K drawing hot chicks getting boned by a bald dude. But clearly he's very bad at planning. His communications, his time, his finances and his programming.
Well broken down and very informative.

Makes me wonder what other sources of income they make as I think sunset said on discord that this game was not their main income

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i i got some pictures from a nother site i go to i would show them but i don't know how one is a pic some one draw of starfire.

4.10 star(s) 158 Votes