Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
didnt he say he was going to hold the release for later so he could add the content of another update together? with how late the release was this time, i though we would be getting more stuff, not less.
Yeah the intention was to get the Audrey and WW stuff but he was having problems with WW (it seems) so he put some Superwoman and Batgirl/Supergirl stuff in there.

Skullface

May 8, 2019
I cannot find Poison Ivy at Legion Hideout, how can i hire her?

By the way, I got her out of prison and saw her scene with batgirl in Bordello.

Please help.

Socialsceptic

Jan 17, 2020

Please help.
She appears kind of rarely at the hire room of the legion base so it could be that she just hasn't turned up for you yet but you could also try the yaught event again and speak with her there if you haven't already. She may also turn up at Glamour Slam but that may just be once you've hired her and assigned her there, Its been a while since I've dealt with her content but I hope this helps.

Reactions: wobo1234

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
that brings up a good point, is it just me that thinks this game is too heavy for what is essentially not much more than most ren'py ones here?

The only other ones I've seen with a similar size are ones with different cgs for about every plot point.

rouge_g

Jul 1, 2017

Please help.
Just use the cheat system to add her as recruited. While the cheat system kind of breaks sequences if you pull girls early, if you're just waiting on RNG to put them in the hideout, cheating just cuts the bullshit.

Seems this thread exploded over the long wait and lackluster content, so won't add to that insanity besides 'yeah, that's Something Unlimited alright'.

However, the Babs/Kara content was the most wholesome thing that SR7 has ever put in this degenerate game. Genuinely surprised he decided to write them as a closeted couple coming to terms with their mutual feelings and growing as the content got spicier. It's still for Luthor's gratification and thereby we, the viewers, but I liked it a lot. For a game where I skip the dialogue out of habit, that I didn't.

Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
So I've looked back at some of the comments, saw that the development cycle got kinda fucked but couldn't find the answer to this: Is there a reason this game is still being developed on unity instead of RENPY? Like this game really doesn't have so many functions that it couldn't run on RENPY or a VN system based on other games that are on this site.

witcher123

Jun 19, 2017
So I've looked back at some of the comments, saw that the development cycle got kinda fucked but couldn't find the answer to this: Is there a reason this game is still being developed on unity instead of RENPY? Like this game really doesn't have so many functions that it couldn't run on RENPY or a VN system based on other games that are on this site.
that's been bugging me to like if they were doing animations like they tried to in earlier builds sure but all of the new content is just like importing a .psd file. there's no movement or anything so its not animating it besides the roulette animation from the early builds

they're really not handling this right and honestly its more like they're just making things for themselves more complicated but hey they got that patreon money right?

don't need to work on bend or break 2 or whatever the hell else they said they were working on just keep delaying builds till they get bored and say "whelp sorry guys we tried" or "i'm tired of working on it" like every other patreon game creator does lol

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
that's been bugging me to like if they were doing animations like they tried to in earlier builds sure but all of the new content is just like importing a .psd file. there's no movement or anything so its not animating it besides the roulette animation from the early builds
No fullscreen animations, but you miss the details. When scrolling from top to bottom (let someone stroll on the street for example) there are two layers. The background moves slower than the foreground (paralax scrolling). Also during the scenes the characters move in from the side, get highlighted when talking.
"Animation" does not mean "movie" or "changing pictures". Mostly animation is done by moving stuff around.

I don't know how much of this is possible in RENPY (for the highlights you might have to use two different layered images), but seeing how many problems the devs have already just to switch one pic for another and with storyline plots (script error in line ... variable xyz not found), it might be a wise decision to actually use a system that uses precompiled code.

witcher123

Jun 19, 2017
No fullscreen animations, but you miss the details. When scrolling from top to bottom (let someone stroll on the street for example) there are two layers. The background moves slower than the foreground. Also during the scenes the characters move in from the side, get highlighted when talking.
"Animation" does not mean "movie" or "changing pictures". Mostly animation is done by moving stuff around.

I don't know how much of this is possible in RENPY (for the highlights you might have to use two different layered images), but seeing how many problems the devs have already just to switch one pic for another and with storyline plots (script error in line ... variable xyz not found), it might be a wise decision to actually use a system that precompiles code, even if I really don't like the interface navigation in this game.
k but like, that's it? just scrolling up n down? that's barely an animation might as well just make scale to the window why even bother coding that in its not sexy, doesn't add anything to it and you can't control it either its a pointless feature

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
k but like, that's it? just scrolling up n down? that's barely an animation might as well just make scale to the window why even bother coding that in its not sexy, doesn't add anything to it and you can't control it either its a pointless feature
No. Renpy Games scroll up and down too.
This one uses paralax scrolling. It adds depth and was used many times in old sidescroll shooters. There were games that used over 10 layers to fake a depth effect.

If these things are possible in Renpy ... why not. I would not touch a script engine however, if no one forced me to. I prefer high level program languages like C# and Java.

It's a lot of work to rebuild the game on a different engine just for the sake of it. There is nothing wrong with Unity in the first place, it's a good dev kit used successfully for many games. I quote you here: "It's not sexy, doesn't add anything to it "

Last edited:

witcher123

Jun 19, 2017
This one uses paralax scrolling. It adds depth and was used many times in old sidescroll shooters. There were games that used over 10 layers to fake a depth effect.

If these things are possible in Renpy ... why not. I would not touch a script engine however, if no one forced me to. I prefer high level program languages like C# and Java.

It's a lot of work to rebuild the game on a different engine just for the sake of it. There is nothing wrong with Unity in the first place, it's a good dev kit used successfully for many games. I quote you here: "It's not sexy, doesn't add anything to it "
i get that and i'm not saying unity's a bad engine i'm just repeating what Zeph3r said, for the content that they're making going through the effort of using unity which it doesn't look like they know how to use right is kinda pointless if they don't even know how to make it work right? i'm no damn coder i'm just callin it as it is. like a carpenter trying to run a ski lift or somethin

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
i get that and i'm not saying unity's a bad engine i'm just repeating what Zeph3r said, for the content that they're making going through the effort of using unity which it doesn't look like they know how to use right is kinda pointless if they don't even know how to make it work right? i'm no damn coder i'm just callin it as it is. like a carpenter trying to run a ski lift or somethin
Trust me, operating a ski lift is a lot easier than what carpenters do (fun fact: I develop software for carpenters and there is a LOT to consider).

Renpy is not easier than unity (well, if you want to do more than just showing a series of pictures), it's just different. You have focus and pay attention on different things.

If one knows how to code, he can create good things in both. In Renpy he is just more limited in doing so seeing how many games with script errors there are around, not everyone should :)

Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020

Witcher123's reply is pretty similar to what I would've said. Also wanna preface this saying I'm not a coder but have done some background research into coding languages behind both. If I am incorrect on anything please call me out.

Like yes there isn't anything wrong with Unity, it's just that I don't really understand why it's being used for this game when you can use a much simpler software to develop this game, especially since the dev is still having troubles developing on it. RENPY runs on Python, which from my understanding is meant to be easier to develop with. As I believe that coding issues is what was stated to be the main reasons for the bottleneck in the development cycle for this game, the dev might find it easier to develop on RENPY. The income system (heists/bordello/strip club), the sex scenes/gallery, the map and open world function can from what I've seen be done in RENPY based on games listed on this site, and there most likely exists templates and tutorials to do each one considering how many RENPY games have these functions or something similar. Heck, some of the best animated sex scenes I've seen from games on this site have been from RENPY games, so I don't think adding a paralax scrolling system would be impossible.

The biggest consideration as to why a move to RENPY would improve the game currently is because of the save functions and gallery. With RENPY you can pretty much have as many save slots as you want, a large improvement from the existing 3 slots and (I believe) more easily set up a replay system with the gallery function, which currently just gives you either a still image(aside from the scrolling) or scenes that are repeatable as is. Again, all of these seem to come with the function built into the system (ie you can type gallery in and I believe you just need to choose which scenes to load) and there are tutorials to do these on youtube.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gettyra
4.00 star(s) 157 Votes