YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
While there certainly is the argument that making games is all about la pasión and not about the money, my cynical counterpoint to that is it only applies when it's your personal project. If you're brought on to work on someone else's project? Then it's a job, plain and simple, and you should be paid what you're worth. And while there has been a lot of talk out of one's arse in this thread, both in support of and against Sunset, I'd wager the ones who know what they are talking about realize they can do better than whatever money this game would offer them (and they probably are as well).
As someone with some code knowledge and an interest in game development, I can agree.
While doing it for free on a personal project is one thing, I would not do it for free when someone else profits.
And if I would do it just for the love of it, it would be better to just do my own version. Especially since many said the assets are free to use.

That said... what was he talking about in that screenshot?
He has a patreon. It is expected some of that money will go for a coder, of course people would complain if he asks for more just for that.
And if the issue is the paid work not being delivered... just agree that the payment would only be given afterwards?

Reactions: GucciGang69

ElenaKitty

Dec 7, 2018
He has mentioned continuing the Rogue Lust comic and how it'll be hard to replicate his older style. Right now his priority is Something Unlimited.
Oh, it will be great if he will continue this comics) His X-Men arts are the best) I still have a crush on Nightcrawler and want to see him with Kitty or Jean)

Reactions: AmadorQ

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
Oh, it will be great if he will continue this comics) His X-Men arts are the best) I still have a crush on Nightcrawler and want to see him with Kitty or Jean)
Yeah he has some pretty great X-men stuff way back.
JEA.jpg
I am planning on making some marvel stuff in the future in a similar style, most of it is WIP stuff though.

guleed yusuf

Mar 24, 2018
Any money paid to a coder is a business expense and therefore tax-deductible.

I'm not a coder, but I am an IT project manager and it grinds my gears to see this situation.

It's a glorified PowerPoint presentation FFS, the sort of thing Ren'py handles easily.
The real issue here is the lack of understanding by SR7 of what he has become (and missing the skillset to be) - a manager.

He's already acknowledged what needs to be done - hence SU Rebuilt. Not handing that off to another coder when it fell through was a huge mistake and the tech debt is only going to increase.

~$15k/mth is enough to hire a coder and a project manager, even at high rates due to the 'non-resume-compatible' nature of the project.
Three months should be long enough if done as a full-time job for both, given that the wireframe, storyboard and artwork already exist. Dialogue will need to be reverse engineered, that may slow things a little.
SR7 can continue with artwork and story in the meantime.

Again, it boils down to a lack of management expertise.
This is common for alot of these types of games where they purposly drag out content not because its difficult but they dont want the gravy train to end. its actually frustrating to see games like this in development for 3 years +.

They make so much money a month its ridiculous they dont have to work and their entire day can be dedicated to the project yet i bet they dont work more than 20 hours a week. and claim this is diffucult to do yet they have been able to give us more content before.

They always have a death in the family or "family issues" to a point i expect this shit to happen.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Ah, so it is not just me that sometimes need to keep refreshing the page even when I just change page in the same thread, and it is not the forum being closed for maintenance because else it would not be fixed with just one or two f5s

Redriotfire081

Oct 5, 2020
Excuse me, How do I get batgirl and supergirl making out scene? I read they make out in this version but do not know how to get it?

great game btw

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
I wonder if the could be a crossover with marvel in this game since spiderman is opening the way to the multiverse. Just imagine something unlimited crosses over with rogue likes evolution and its on Android.

Loradeon

Oct 28, 2018
I'm assuming the supergirl/harley are the spanking/double-dildo scenes, but I can't get wonder woman to progress past blowjobs.

Oct 8, 2019
I have two scenes left for Superwoman, the two after titjob to be exact. So is this just a bug and I'm not progressing correctly or is there something special to trigger these two?

4.00 star(s) 157 Votes