SoulFoZoid

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2017
As I said, if you aren't a paying patron, then your bitching is meaningless. If the paid patrons are willing to continue to support GS Games, that's their call, not yours.

The last few updates have had over 100 new/modified sprites added in EACH update. I have no idea if any new Themyscira sprites were included as I haven't sorted them yet, but there are 11,325 sprites in the current update. The last update (2.3.95) had 11,205 sprites. That's over 100 new/modified sprites that were added to the game since 2.3.95, a number of which aren't in use yet, but then that's always been the case, there's a few sprites in the SU Unity builds that haven't been seen ingame yet for at least few updates now, if not years...

And no, I have no affilliation with Gunsmoke Games, and do not have a Patreon or similar such, have never spoken to/been contacted by SS or SR7, and I've been sharing my own content here for free for years now as my time permits, so I'll let my post history here speak for itself. I just like the art in this game, and like the backstory and such.

I am working with other F95 Zoners on an unofficial proof of concept demo of course, but that's a 'nobody is getting paid and we have no affiliation with GS Games' community effort to have a moddable alternative available for people that want to make their own new content/mods at some point, and also to explore alternatives to the methodologies to how the game mechanics/routine is handled in SU Unity. Oh, and to not have the saves inside of the registry, and have many save slots/options...

In any case, if this game annoys you so much, maybe you should go play some other game that can better meet your expectations. I've been told that there are literally thousands of other games that you can find elsewhere on this forum (13.6K threads in the Games section)...
I don't want to be the "well actually" but in this case it's warranted, You can't bolster for him having over 11.000 sprites when the majority of them are lips, eyes, cum and separate heads. Separate male bodies etc. I told him multiple times this is not the way you optimize a game even in rempy they use Items sets if they need to change a CG scene.

The reason they do that on the backgrounds was to simulate depth and on the characters they use it for changing expression, clothing and doing crude animations.

Now his game is almost 12 gigs unpacked this is approaching levels or high demand complexity games when having to many connections creates such as nodes in fungus for a game where it's little gameplay and just presentation a better engine would be using the scenario method like a container or exel file edited separately to drive the sprites coordinates and motion tween engine.

One of the major drawbacks with unity is it's bloat on the meta data it stores, I haven't had the chance to find a way to compress my own game and it will probably take a while to find a good solution.

On the problem with the rebuild and coders in general or outside help or even contract work is always the same scenario.
Coder"You want me to continue the game and you send me the artwork?"
Admin"No I want you to parallel develop a version while I also work on my game and then for each end of the month rush to implement these images to please my patrons."
Coder"Ok I can do that" proceeds to work on the first parts, the intro, save system, UI
Admin"Here are the images stop what you're doing and push an update"
Coder"Ok" He does the build and familiarizes with the old engine he is using, does a discord call and a few hours he manages to put in the images but breaks a lot of stuff.
Admin"This is bad fix it now"
Coder"I'll try"
Admin"Btw what did you do on the rebuild"
Coder if he had balls"I put in all the essentials it won't be done till there multiple updates."
Admin"That's bad I wanted it to be done to impress the patrons."

Admin thinks the coder is worthless because he did a mediocre update with him and have nothing to show for.

The cycle repeats.

Now I'm not Mr. negative there are times when outside help is good but we have to see how Sunset made it more as a passion game that lost his interest and works parallel on Bob2 with a new updated art style and the new Fungus engine etc.

But SU is the money maker so he will do the same type of routine even with hiccups along the way.

Last edited:

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Finally got Circe on my main legacy save, thought I would have to wait for the rebuild and start a new save.
Get her while she is working everyone.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I don't want to be the "well actually" but in this case it's warranted, You can't bolster for him having over 11.000 sprites when the majority of them are lips, eyes, cum and separate heads. Separate male bodies etc. I told him multiple times this is not the way you optimize a game even in rempy they use Items sets if they need to change a CG scene.

The reason they do that on the backgrounds was to simulate depth and on the characters they use it for changing expression, clothing and doing crude animations.

Now his game is almost 12 gigs unpacked this is approaching levels or high demand complexity games when having to many connections creates such as nodes in fungus for a game where it's little gameplay and just presentation a better engine would be using the scenario method like a container or exel file edited separately to drive the sprites coordinates and motion tween engine.

One of the major drawbacks with unity is it's bloat on the meta data it stores, I haven't had the chance to find a way to compress my own game and it will probably take a while to find a good solution.

On the problem with the rebuild and coders in general or outside help or even contract work is always the same scenario.
Coder"You want me to continue the game and you send me the artwork?"
Admin"No I want you to parallel develop a version while I also work on my game and then for each end of the month rush to implement these images to please my patrons."
Coder"Ok I can do that" proceeds to work on the first parts, the intro, save system, UI
Admin"Here are the images stop what you're doing and push an update"
Coder"Ok" He does the build and familiarizes with the old engine he is using, does a discord call and a few hours he manages to put in the images but breaks a lot of stuff.
Admin"This is bad fix it now"
Coder"I'll try"
Admin"Btw what did you do on the rebuild"
Coder if he had balls"I put in all the essentials it won't be done till there multiple updates."
Admin"That's bad I wanted it to be done to impress the patrons."

Admin thinks the coder is worthless because he did a mediocre update with him and have nothing to show for.

The cycle repeats.

Now I'm not Mr. negative there are times when outside help is good but we have to see how Sunset made it more as a passion game that lost his interest and works parallel on Bob2 with a new updated art style and the new Fungus engine etc.

But SU is the money maker so he will do the same type of routine even with hiccups along the way.
The extracted .pngs from the Sprites folder this time around are around 2.4 GB. Note that these get duplicated in texture 2D. In a couple of cases, I've seen .pngs that are missing in one folder but are in the other, or look different in the Texture 2D folder than in the Sprites folder (Catwoman's leg when she's stretched out on her desk for example), but for the most part they seem to be carbon copies, which would explain how .7z is able to compress things below 2GB...

So yeah, Unity bloat and unnecessary duplication I guess...

That and the .pngs aren't optimized to begin with. Whatever algorithm SR7's tablet uses to save it's .pngs, it's bloated. Simply resaving the .pngs in Photoshop drops the size by about 2/3rds, and that's 'unoptimized'.

Of course I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about r.e. alternatives...

https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...npy-demo-community-development-thread.144779/

It's a slow moving effort, but as a community 'for free' effort we've been making steady progress. My focus is on the backbone of course, but as the guy that also kicked off the Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread about 9 1/2 months back, I've worked with more than a few of the sprites, and have a pretty good understanding of how things go together...

In any case, it is what it is. As long as SR7 is stuck on Fungus/Unity, it's not going to get much better, but SR7 is bull headed that way... which isn't that unusual amongst artist types.

As I said, whether the paying patrons want to support GS Games is up to them, but the vast majority here are acquiring the game via other means to begin with of course, so gift horse and all that...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
First thing I try : Starfire in meta bordello exhibition room 1. Result :
View attachment 2454662

And it's the same with the rest of the scenes, either completely invisible Starfire or only some part of her, or only Lex's body is visible. I closed down the game.
Waiting for a bug fix I guess.
I noted that a few of the Starfire sprites were labeled STG (which are usually Stargirl sprites), so there may be a few mislabeled sprites at work here. Whether GSGames picks up on that, I guess we'll see...

ghostfreak445

Jul 5, 2019
Well, I'm calling it now, the next update (that will be in May most likely) will ONLY have the "disabled" (more like nonexistent, as we all know that the truth is that Sunset worked fuck all on the Amazons) content, as well as maybe Starfire's exhibition scenes and that's it.

The fact that there are STILL people here defending this garbage makes me lose my faith in humanity.

4.00 star(s) 157 Votes