beishiznit

Oct 13, 2016
I'm far from a 'White Knight' when it comes to this game. I'm just tired of people posting the same complaints year after year. SR7 and Smokeshank haven't changed, they've been doing things their way for years, at their own pace. And they aren't going to change, this is how they do things, pure and simple. Accept it and move on.
People have the right to choose to accept it or not accept it, as is their right, as they also have the right to complain or not complain about it. Which is the problem, you don't 'own' these people and have no right to dictate their reaction or what they post in this forum.
And as I said, if you don't like this game, then don't play it. Or maybe skip a few updates between downloads at least instead of downloading every single update.
Again, people have the right to play or not play any game they want, it's not up to you to decide for them what they do with their time.
As for my supposedly 'White Knighting' this game, check my post history.

I'm strongly on record as saying the girl management system, as it stands, simply sucks. It works, but has waaaaaaay to much clicking going on to be able to do anything.

- It's fucking annoying to have to leave the bordello, go back to Lexcorp, enter the labs, enter the devices submenu, just to upgrade her device. SOOOO MUCH UNNECESSARY CLICKING.

- Oh, and NOT having the GS and MB managed on the same screen, so you have to go back and forth between them just to unschedule and re-schedule girls? MORE UNNECESSARY CLICKING!

Don't get me started on only three saves, that are residing in the System Registry.,.
So you do have issues with this game, so do other people. Let them have their opinion, even if it's been said a thousand times. I'm sorry that you're sick of hearing the same old criticisms, they're repeated ad nauseam because they're still valid. The 'if you don't like it, then leave' mentality needs to be left at the door. People can go where they want and play what they want, and you are not the gatekeeper for this game.

I am happy to hear that you're trying to fix this game. I hope it goes well for you and for the community. Hell, I may even play it and totally love it and heap on to you tons of praise.

But please, stop telling people what they are allowed to say or not say. Stop telling people what to think and what opinions they are allowed to express. And please just stop telling people to go play something else.

Reactions: ghostfreak445

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
People have the right to choose to accept it or not accept it, as is their right, as they also have the right to complain or not complain about it. Which is the problem, you don't 'own' these people and have no right to dictate their reaction or what they post in this forum.

Again, people have the right to play or not play any game they want, it's not up to you to decide for them what they do with their time.

So you do have issues with this game, so do other people. Let them have their opinion, even if it's been said a thousand times. I'm sorry that you're sick of hearing the same old criticisms, they're repeated ad nauseam because they're still valid. The 'if you don't like it, then leave' mentality needs to be left at the door. People can go where they want and play what they want, and you are not the gatekeeper for this game.

I am happy to hear that you're trying to fix this game. I hope it goes well for you and for the community. Hell, I may even play it and totally love it and heap on to you tons of praise.

But please, stop telling people what they are allowed to say or not say. Stop telling people what to think and what opinions they are allowed to express. And please just stop telling people to go play something else.
There's a difference between expressing your opinion and beating the dead horse, just sayin... if you are here just to troll, we have enough trolls on F95Zone already.

saint751

Dec 25, 2017
Damn it, even if the update is sparse SSR usually delivers at least one image that is incredibly hot. I feel like this time it's the Starfire Bordello blowjob scene. There's just something incredibly sensual about it. The pose, the expression, the details, like the way the cheeks are sucked in...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Picture spoilered, just in case.

shzilla

Jul 31, 2022
There's a difference between expressing your opinion and beating the dead horse, just sayin... if you are here just to troll, we have enough trolls on F95Zone already.
There is no difference. Beating a dead horse is expressing an opinion.

jeeeddddd

Jun 14, 2018
Let me throw my hat in the ring with regards to this game's tech stack: it's going to be this game's downfall.

The Unity build used for the game dates from 2015. It's already impossible to open the game in any supported Mac OS, and yet they persist in releasing new versions. For the unaware Windows folks, it's as if the game wouldn't run on Windows 10 and we were told *just run the game under Windows Vista, it works there*. The Fungus plugin used to enhance Unity is clearly abandoned by its developers (the last update 10 months ago was a mere three lines of code ). The game has ballooned to 12 gigs, which is so much space at some point they're bound to hit a size ceiling for an old 32-bit Unity project.

It would take only a single errant Windows security update for the game to stop running at all on Windows. Their tech stack is that fragile. What will be their reaction then: don't install the OS updates you need to stay secure? The history of their Mac support indicates they'll put the onus on users. Once that happens, Patreons might finally get woken up and start leaving the project if they can't run the game on Windows.

As a matter of fact, does the game even run properly on 64-bit Windows 11?

Anyway, hats off to the good people working on the ren'PY SU fan project. I hope they come running to you once their game burns and crashes. You can then ask for a ton of money to take over the engine aspect of the game.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm glad you brought this up. How is that tech demo closer to a 'game' than the actual SU? Like what is the point of threat level even intended to be? Surely basic game mechanics are something you figure out first, then add content?
My understanding is that in SU Unity they initially attempted to implement a threat level system, but that it had issues so it was essentially disabled. In SU it still ties in with when Lois Lane starts getting nosy though...

I just uploaded Version 0.25 of said tech demo just now, but want to give the 'really really interested' folk a chance to find bugs before I start promoting the new build. I changed a LOT of things and while I playtested extensively, I'm sure I missed some things... Also thanks to the other contributors (again) for their help! I'm just the 'game mechanics backbone' guy...

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Well, that is quite sad if Archer passed on, his guides were very helpful. They haven't been updated in a while as has been pointed out.

I do have the Photoshop templates from the previous guide effort that the author was nice enough to share, but that guide is very outdated at this point.

So it appears that my Quick Reference Sheet is the closest thing that we have to an updated guide atm, and it's a couple of updates old at this point.

It'd be pretty easy to update my Black Canary, Stargirl, and Starfire entries, and perhaps Circe's entry, but I'd need to update my Themyscira entries. Thankfully, Themyscira itself is pretty straightforward. Just remember that the forge is 'hidden' but to the east of the arena (click on buildings in the general area to the right of the arena until you get a reaction from the game).

For me, I had to do the furthest progression scene with Nubia again and then visit each building in turn again to trigger Circe, and after the first scene was triggered she had a room in the Villa.

So, Themyscira experts, check my game logic here. I can add it to the next update to the reference sheet when I get around to that, so I'd like to have this 'right'.

Getting to Themyscira is the tricky part apparently. It's been generally described as along these lines:
- After you've fully progressed with Cassie, Donna, and Diana/WW (i.e. full slut mode with nicknames as appropriate), take Superwoman into Diana's cell (as your henchwoman) and this should trigger a conversation.​
- Then go to the Legion Hideout to trigger Grail, and this should open up the conversation tree that unlocks Themyscira.​
- Once you've gone to Themyscira, and Lex finally gets the option to 'go home', a red dot should appear on the World Map (accessable via the globe in the upper right area of the city map) in the area slightly south of Greece/Italy. That'll get you back to Themyscira.​

Once there, just keep talking to everyone and do the action scenes as they become available, until you've exhausted your options. This isn't really worth a guide, as all of these progressions seem to be very linear. Again, if there are any 'nuances' here, call them out guys!

I'm 100% focused on SU ReImagined at the moment, and it appears that there SHOULD be a patched version of SU Unity 2.4 coming due to the Starfire issues (whether one is immediately planned I don't know), so it'll be a bit before I update my reference sheet again. For reference, here is the latest version (for 2.3.9):

https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-v2-4-gunsmoke-games.326/post-9484566

Again, just need someone to double check my Themyscira game logic as I've outlined above, so that I can start to ponder how to incorporate it into my reference sheet...
I'm not reading all this.

Julius

Jul 9, 2017
My understanding is that in SU Unity they initially attempted to implement a threat level system, but that it had issues so it was essentially disabled. In SU it still ties in with when Lois Lane starts getting nosy though...

I just uploaded Version 0.25 of said tech demo just now, but want to give the 'really really interested' folk a chance to find bugs before I start promoting the new build. I changed a LOT of things and while I playtested extensively, I'm sure I missed some things... Also thanks to the other contributors (again) for their help! I'm just the 'game mechanics backbone' guy...
I feel like "They initially attempted to implement ____ , but that had issues so it was essentially disabled" is the story of this game's development cycle.

Reactions: GaRbS and Jimwalrus

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Let me throw my hat in the ring with regards to this game's tech stack: it's going to be this game's downfall.

The Unity build used for the game dates from 2015. It's already impossible to open the game in any supported Mac OS, and yet they persist in releasing new versions. For the unaware Windows folks, it's as if the game wouldn't run on Windows 10 and we were told *just run the game under Windows Vista, it works there*. The Fungus plugin used to enhance Unity is clearly abandoned by its developers (the last update 10 months ago was a mere three lines of code ). The game has ballooned to 12 gigs, which is so much space at some point they're bound to hit a size ceiling for an old 32-bit Unity project.

It would take only a single errant Windows security update for the game to stop running at all on Windows. Their tech stack is that fragile. What will be their reaction then: don't install the OS updates you need to stay secure? The history of their Mac support indicates they'll put the onus on users. Once that happens, Patreons might finally get woken up and start leaving the project if they can't run the game on Windows.

As a matter of fact, does the game even run properly on 64-bit Windows 11?

Anyway, hats off to the good people working on the ren'PY SU fan project. I hope they come running to you once their game burns and crashes. You can then ask for a ton of money to take over the engine aspect of the game.
Just saying that if people really want a new or bugfixed engine, we're looking at at least 1 year of nothing and no guarantee SR7 can even fix most of the bugs (let alone change templates/Unity) ......... That'll never pass with Patrons and therefore will never happen. Even if the game bloats out to 50GB and is unplayable by any1

Reactions: Zane11

Firetruck45

Jul 29, 2017
This might be a dumb question but can anyone explain how I'm supposed to update this game to the latest version while keeping my current saves? Im on a mac.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
This might be a dumb question but can anyone explain how I'm supposed to update this game to the latest version while keeping my current saves? Im on a mac.
dunno how diferent it is on mac, but on pc you just download the new version and the same is compatible.

4.00 star(s) 157 Votes