Lipao12

Jun 12, 2022
if someone can post a video of how to extract and run the game correctly i would appreciate it i am asking because it is the first time i use a notebook in my life

Gedeon5

Nov 26, 2019
Circe window broken every time I click go back and do nothing, just stays there with no options, Black Canary Exhibition doesn't load at all, tries for a second and nothing happens.

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Like I said, that’s my under of how this all works. I’ve heard him talk about not coding at all in the past.

That’s why the bugs are so weird and hard to debug. It’s why he doesn’t fix typos, because he doesn’t want to open up sections of the game that are otherwise working and generate new, weird bugs.

He’s talked about the fungus devs being shocked this thing works at all on that version of fungus and it’s impossible to upgrade to a newer version without starting from scratch. BoB2 is built in a newer version that is less buggy.

It could all be an excuse for why he barely releases content and is instead lazy. But I find the old adage true, “never ascribe to malice that which can easily be explained by incompetence.” In this case he couldn’t code well enough to make a game so he used a tool that turns out sucks and won’t rebuild it all. But the explanation fits the circumstances for me.

I don’t excuse his issues, they’re of his own creation and stubbornness, but they explain why it is pretty well for me.
Huh, I see... That is really strange, gotta admit. But if what you're saying is true, then I guess it all makes sense. Overall tho, I won't believe it has saved him time. Lately, every patch comes out with like 2 weeks worth of bugfixing before being released, and that's pretty wild for this patch specifically, since its really nothing but text and pictures - I enjoyed the patch, but it should be almost impossible to have bugs given what was added.

I hope BoB2 comes out soon. I haven't played the first half cause I knew it would be a while until the second half.... But im looking forward to it.

Idk if he is lazy or incompetent as your adage says - that's not something I wanna judge - but it certainly would benefit him to just pay a coder to rebuild the game if he can't/won't code himself. I guess he tried once and that didn't work out well for whatever reason, but he really should try again. It seems like it could save him at least 25% of the time it takes to make a patch.

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
... But point still stands that 90% of the bugs are due to him hard coding - or I suppose copying - code over and over, instead of just reusing code. He could literally make sure most of the bugs he encounters never happens again. Good example is the exhibition where room 1 doesn't work, while 2 and 3 does. You could literally make them all run the same code (as in, exactly the same), with different parameters. So if one is bugfree, they all are. But he clearly copy pastes them, and since he is a human, that means he will always have cases where he just forgets to add or remove stuff.

The rest of your comment is just comparing him to other people and saying it's a big game... Which is sorta irrelevant? I'm not hating on the guy. I'm just saying he could cut down development time by a lot while doing even less work, simply by coding the game in a decent way.
I don't know why so many people make excuses for SR7 when he does clearly smoothbrain shit like copy/pasta his code when like you said he could just use the same code. He could keep notes, or better hire a better coder since they make more than enough monthly to afford somebody to JUST work on the code, they don't because that would actually force them to put out more than like 5 updates a year.

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
I don't know why so many people make excuses for SR7 when he does clearly smoothbrain shit like copy/pasta his code when like you said he could just use the same code. He could keep notes, or better hire a better coder since they make more than enough monthly to afford somebody to JUST work on the code, they don't because that would actually force them to put out more than like 5 updates a year.
I mean, I don't think its wrong to only release 5-6 times a year. I think its mostly just that the size of the update no longer seems to reflect the amount of time it takes (especially not this one that took like 3.5 months). Sure, there are quite a lot of pictures, but on stream it has been shown her can make a full image in about 2 hours if not less, and it's not like there is an amazing amount of text.

Again, love the game, but its strange.

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
I mean, I don't think its wrong to only release 5-6 times a year. I think its mostly just that the size of the update no longer seems to reflect the amount of time it takes (especially not this one that took like 3.5 months). Sure, there are quite a lot of pictures, but on stream it has been shown her can make a full image in about 2 hours if not less, and it's not like there is an amazing amount of text.

Again, love the game, but its strange.
Like I said, it really does feel like SR7 is just trying to artificially draw out the lifespan of the game by just not doing simple things, but his kekreon subs will continue to give him money and so long as he makes thousands a month they have no reason to not keep doing what they've done since they went to "2 month release schedule" then to "3 month kinda sorta but more like 4-5 months then a month for bug fixes lmao" now to bug fixes within a month of a 3 month update. Like I get it sometimes time gets away from us but shit I get audited at work and if my time tables looked like SR7's I'd have been fired by now.

Reactions: jackfox147

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Like I said, that’s my under of how this all works. I’ve heard him talk about not coding at all in the past.

That’s why the bugs are so weird and hard to debug. It’s why he doesn’t fix typos, because he doesn’t want to open up sections of the game that are otherwise working and generate new, weird bugs.

He’s talked about the fungus devs being shocked this thing works at all on that version of fungus and it’s impossible to upgrade to a newer version without starting from scratch. BoB2 is built in a newer version that is less buggy.

It could all be an excuse for why he barely releases content and is instead lazy. But I find the old adage true, “never ascribe to malice that which can easily be explained by incompetence.” In this case he couldn’t code well enough to make a game so he used a tool that turns out sucks and won’t rebuild it all. But the explanation fits the circumstances for me.

I don’t excuse his issues, they’re of his own creation and stubbornness, but they explain why it is pretty well for me.
Tbh. Based on everything i've heard of how the engine works and how many problems they themselves run, not to mention players, i would think fans of the game would accept them using time to just completely working it over on new updated engine. Since i bet that would make development faster after upgrade was done. And i doubt it would take too long to catch up the current situation in game, since all art etc... are already done. That would also give good time for artist to make new art and experiment some without that big of a pressure, thus possibly improving future art assets etc... in the game. This of course if we take things in good trust and don't expect them to be lazy.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Tbh. Based on everything i've heard of how the engine works and how many problems they themselves run, not to mention players, i would think fans of the game would accept them using time to just completely working it over on new updated engine. Since i bet that would make development faster after upgrade was done. And i doubt it would take too long to catch up the current situation in game, since all art etc... are already done. That would also give good time for artist to make new art and experiment some without that big of a pressure, thus possibly improving future art assets etc... in the game. This of course if we take things in good trust and don't expect them to be lazy.
Speaking from experience, I can say that porting all of the scenes over could take a while, but an alternate framework is already an option should GS Games be paying attention and want to reach out, just sayin...

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Any hints on unlocking Circe on Themyscira? Wandered around, everything is done but she's not showing.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Any hints on unlocking Circe on Themyscira? Wandered around, everything is done but she's not showing.
Try having sexy fun time with Nubia one more time, see if that unlocks her. That's what worked for me.

Reactions: dbp5ca

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Speaking from experience, I can say that porting all of the scenes over could take a while, but an alternate framework is already an option should GS Games be paying attention and want to reach out, just sayin...
Oh sure, but in the long run i'm certain that it would speed up, rather than running constantly head first into problems due to current engine.

ghostfreak445

Jul 5, 2019
Why bother putting "Magala" in this update if she has only three scenes? Why not just save her until her content is fully completed?
View attachment 2459860
Fuck it, I already know why.
Because Sunset needed to fool his smoothbrained patrons that the Themyscira content that's delayed to the next update is fully finished, but just causing technical issues with the game.

The truth is that the 3 Magala scenes in this update was ALL of the Themyscira content that Sunset made probably like a week before the update dropped. Hence why the other content is "delayed" to the next update, because in reality it doesn't even exist.

"50/50" focus my ass.

4.00 star(s) 157 Votes