SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh my god what a load of crap.
I usually try to avoid posting negative things here but this is just too much.

First of all, for those who don't know, it's ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE to make an Android port of a Unity game. It's not even a "port", really, because when you go to build the game, you click which platforms you want to deploy it on. There are a few checkboxes and some extra software that you need which sure, I can imagine is beyond the skillset of a spaghetti coder like Sunset, but if they decided to get external help, this would have been 1000x times easier to do than rebuilding the entire game in a new engine. The one snag I might see is the size of the resulting APK, because the PC game is so chunky, but I'm guessing there wasn't much optimization of assets for the Android port either.

Second, building a Ren'Py game for different platforms IS EVEN EASIER. There is 0 excuse for not also releasing the PC version if they have a functional Android one. My game goes out for both at the exact same time, and the only difference between the versions is a different set of text that's shown on startup which describes the controls used on keyboard vs. touch. Their earlier quote about making "many changes in order for it to function for touch controls" is just a lie.

As for the list of quality of life changes:
-Manual Saves
-Text Speed
-Skipping Seen Text
-Hiding Textbox

These are FREE in Ren'Py. Literally stuff that is ALREADY IMPLEMENTED FOR YOU when you start a new project. Also, manual saves totally exist in the PC version right now, you click the ESC key to bring up the save menu. Guess they forgot they put that in their game.

-Vault with text for every scene
This is also nearly free in Ren'Py, but I'm going to give them a pass for this one because I know people really, REALLY want it and don't have it now.

-Extra Nickname choices
-More customized nickname placement in text
-Villains show up more for hiring

These are all variable-based (or should be) and there was nothing stopping them from taking 5 minutes to add them to the original, but sure.

-New locations for the Next Night button
-Henchwoman Selection shortcut
-No acquirement of misc items in heists
-More portrait focus changes.

Too vague to know what this stuff even is.

Like, props to Henshin for managing to scam the scammers, I guess, but this is right in line with the changelogs they usually post, bloated with a lot of nothing.

Congratulations on the release, though. There's actually a really good chance that it'll be less of a buggy mess than the PC version, and that alone is worth genuine praise.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
From talks with ren'py devs, looks like porting the android version to PC should be a pretty straightforward deal, so we just might get the fabled ren'py port soon-ish. At the very least there is bound to be stuff to savage for the fan projects, like dialogue transcripts.
We have transcripts for pretty much all of the ingame SU Unity dialogues already.

Image declarations are a bit more tricky though. The sprites extracted from SU Unity are usually rather bloated on the kb sizes, so we usually end up resaving these anyways to reduces the kb size a bit, while upsizing the dimensions a bit to take advantage of a larger screen size. Setting up the layeredimage declarations for character sprites is a bit more tricky, but not overly difficult.

Nonetheless, there are a few people that haven't been able to successfully play SU Unity for whatever, including at least one 'fellow developer' that Smokeshank recently interviewed on his twitch channel. So I suspect that a number of people will be very interested in a PC version of the Ren'Py Android port that's much less buggy.

Of course, there's also the modding angle, Ren'Py is a bit easier for modders to work with, so I'll be interested to see if that goes anywhere. The unofficial efforts are mod friendly too of course, but are their own things...

A quick note: SU ReImagined has been going in a new direction already, so while a few things in the official SU Android might be useful for research purposes, my own personal focus has been on setting up new content, leaving the transcription of existing content mostly to others. People have been replaying SU Unity for years, and SU Rebuilt 2 is focused on a more 'faithful' port for people that still want that, but neither are 'official' efforts to begin with so we are sort of doing our own thing.

On a related note, we do have an entire fanart thread with multiple contributors to draw from, with new artwork that we can tell new stories with. Being a volunteer effort, it's slow going for sure, but steady progress is being made. I was piddling around with Faora and Priscilla Rich sprites again today, and there's already a fairly long list of other characters that are planned to be introduced soon, that SR7 hasn't got around to yet, and may never get around to...

Still no plans to monetize our efforts, and since Smokeshank again has a paid Ren'Py developer on tap now to release 'official' SU versions, we might as well change things up a bit. That being said, I'm genuinely curious to see what Henshinvolt did with the original design elements.

A quick side note. A new contributor has been writing short stories to go along with his sprite re-mixes, if you haven't checked out the SU Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread lately, might be worth another looksee!

Here's a link to a short Kasnia related SU fan story...

https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-sprite-re-mix-and-fanart-thread.118041/post-11293045

Coolguy44

Mar 5, 2022
Full v2.4.2 save for Slot 1
All the new scenes unlocked in the Vault.
Peng BJ Scene was locked, but I managed to unlock it trough the registry.
Donna Troy Bordello Vault Scene from v2.4.1 is still unavailable due to bugged "Next" button on the second Vault page.
how do you put this save into the game?

lev4ik

Apr 12, 2020
Guys little question about Unity, does it have some drivers for PC so Unity can work better? i play Honkai Star Rail and after game patch it become laggy and even SU basic old animation, like some characters bj/sex, beca laggy to. For some reason in HSR i find strange thing, before patch i have all window resolusions in game setting, but later i find it become 1920x1080 and next 1 is 1680x1050. Same crap was with SU, it dnt have all resolutions in setting to, even in res 1920x1080 SU was not fullscreen, left and right side was cuted. Day ago i instal some drivers on and then in both games i have all resolution back and work as normal. 1760x990 is back for both games. Does my pc need some specal drivers so unity games work normal or wht? sry im not big pro in unity and pc programing.

JuanPabloII

Aug 29, 2020
Fuck me, I planned to ignore this game but my will wasnt strong enough and so far I ve had a great time.

If I understand correctly there will be 2 more updates this year (September and November) because the author takes 2 month break in December/January. Is that right? I'll ignore the fact his patreon is probably working while he does nothing.

Xizor111

May 17, 2020
what would make the gameplay more nostalgic would be to show a fight when capturing the heroine like those from 18 titans
it's more often implied that there isn't really a fight. It's more that the villain you put on the case just has to stay near enough for the device to do its work ont he heroine. hence why Shade is quite effective. He can do it without being noticed. If they would fight, a failed attempt might mean a captured villain and the beans spilled.

Reactions: OhWee

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
AI Art 1000 times better than copypaste with recolor. I don't know why there is so much hate for AI Art, because I would take AI over mediocre human artist any day.
Your the type of person to commission someone for AI Art and see nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: Rattaratta

lazybones123

Sep 22, 2017
Guys little question about Unity, does it have some drivers for PC so Unity can work better? i play Honkai Star Rail and after game patch it become laggy and even SU basic old animation, like some characters bj/sex, beca laggy to. For some reason in HSR i find strange thing, before patch i have all window resolusions in game setting, but later i find it become 1920x1080 and next 1 is 1680x1050. Same crap was with SU, it dnt have all resolutions in setting to, even in res 1920x1080 SU was not fullscreen, left and right side was cuted. Day ago i instal some drivers on and then in both games i have all resolution back and work as normal. 1760x990 is back for both games. Does my pc need some specal drivers so unity games work normal or wht? sry im not big pro in unity and pc programing.
I wish I had an answer for you. I just had the game get super slow on me too, first time its happened to me. Only this game is having issues. Anyone else have this problem?

Jun 4, 2019
Since the game has no sound, what do you listen to while playing Something Unlimited? I have a little private playlist of mine that has some subdued scifi beats to fap and be a supervillain to that I'd love to expand with anything you have to recommend.

• Haha
Reactions: SalmonLadder

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
AI Art 1000 times better than copypaste with recolor. I don't know why there is so much hate for AI Art, because I would take AI over mediocre human artist any day.
There's hate because AI can and will take money away from people who need it. Every single major technological advancement since the industrial revolution has fucked the working class dry. It's the small shit we benefit from not the big shit. Our jobs didn't get easier when automatization moved into the work place, our jobs didn't get easier with the advent of computers, our jobs got harder because suddenly management wanted us to do the work of two people, then three, then six, then ten... all without paying us a wage that kept up with inflation. You will work harder than your parents, who worked harder than their parents, who worked harder than their parents and you'll do it for less money. If your kids are lucky they'll work harder than you... because the alternative is they don't work at all because AI killed their chances at gainful employment. AI could take us down many paths and too many of those paths could bring ruin upon the global economy.

Reactions: stratales

Xizor111

May 17, 2020
If only we could get this game combined with Haramase simulator........
meh. I like pregnancy in games, but when it is in, i prefer it to have a bit more meaning than "character is pregnant for a while. Then she ain't preggers anymore and nothing else happens. The child just disappears and moving on."

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
i have no problem with AI art, but i do think there's a middle point in between both. doesnt help how there's very little variation between the bodies, with most of them being
boobs: big or balloon.
body: thicc or big thicc.
skin color: chocolate, white, gray.

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes