keyLOVE7713

Dec 6, 2018
Full v2.4.2 save for Slot 1
All the new scenes unlocked in the Vault.
Peng BJ Scene was locked, but I managed to unlock it trough the registry.
Donna Troy Bordello Vault Scene from v2.4.1 is still unavailable due to bugged "Next" button on the second Vault page.
Do you know IF and how to apply these saves to Mac versions?

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
I'm going to ask you guys, should I drop this project or should I continue?
Continue it Mendonza, I dont trust that port quality, also I hate playing on my phone, so it would be useless to me and many others who prefer playing on the PC.

Also, no word if they worked on the game UI, so keep up your version which has much better controls and isnt a click fest.

Hentagram

Aug 1, 2018
Which folder do I put this in?
All you need to do is to extract the archive and double click the .reg file to import saves.
This game uses Windows registry instead of a save folder.
If you want to check the game files in your registry, Run -> Regedit -> \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Someguy\Something Unlimited
Do you know IF and how to apply these saves to Mac versions?
Sorry, no idea.

Hater Supreme

Apr 16, 2020
Yea I really don't get that response at all. Unless porting this Android version to PC is some sort of insurmountable task for some reason, but if this response in SU Re-Imagined Dev thread is correct, it's probably not that difficult.
What is there not to get? Porting it to PC would take away one of his favorite excuses for his terrible content output - having to work with dogshit code by his lonesome.

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
Continue it Mendonza, I dont trust that port quality, also I hate playing on my phone, so it would be useless to me and many others who prefer playing on the PC.

Also, no word if they worked on the game UI, so keep up your version which has much better controls and isnt a click fest.
Thank KaiserST for the support and kind words, I won't give up on this mod (I hope they made a good renpy port, but I don't really trust them, they've failed too many times in the past). Also thx to all pleople that support this mod and OhWee mod

Tayler228

Jul 16, 2023
• Right-click the app
• Click Show Package Contents
• Open the Contents folder
• Open the MacOS folder
• Open a new Finder window.
• Go to your Applications folder.
• Open the Utilities folder
• Open Terminal
• Type in (without the quotes) "chmod +x " (note the space after +x)
• Go to the first Finder window without hitting enter in Terminal
• Drag the file with the same name as the app (and without an extension), and drop it into the Terminal window.
• Click on the Terminal window and hit enter.
• You should now be able to open and use your app without any problems.
Thanks you a lot

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So can anyone explain what Smokeshank actually does? From my perspective, he's getting the same cut that SR7 does, essentially for just talking out of his ass... and maybe playtest something here and there. SR7 is doing pretty much all of the heavy lifting, at his own leisurely pace of course!

What am I not understanding here?

Also, I guess we'll all see in a few days just how easy it will be to make a Ren'Py PC port out of the Ren'Py Android port. People have been making Android ports for years around here out of PC ports, so I'm not seeing the difficulty here...

Myself, I leave Android ports to the professionals since I don't own an Android device, but usually the turnaround on a Ren'Py Android port from a PC build from the Android port types around here is just a few hours at most. I just ask and a few hours later, voila an Android port of whatever project I'm working on appears... which is why FmF has an Android version.

I do get that there are a few things that you can optimize for better functionality on Android, but those same optimizations usually work just fine on the PC version too in my experience, as adding buttons and targeting a smaller screen size isn't that hard to do in Ren'Py... Some of that is pre-built into Ren'Py already...

So yeah, is it just me or does it seem to a bunch of other people around here that Smokeshank is talking out of his ass on this one? And is it just me, or does it seem like Smokeshank has one of the easiest gigs ever?

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
So can anyone explain what Smokeshank actually does? From my perspective, he's getting the same cut that SR7 does, essentially for just talking out of his ass... and maybe playtest something here and there. SR7 is doing pretty much all of the heavy lifting, at his own leisurely pace of course!

Also, I guess we'll all see in a few days just how easy it will be to make a Ren'Py PC port out of the Ren'Py Android port. People have been making Android ports for years around here out of PC ports, so I'm not seeing the difficulty here...

Myself, I leave Android ports to the professionals since I don't own an Android device, but usually the turnaround on a Ren'Py Android port from a PC build from the Android port types around here is just a few hours at most. I just ask and a few hours later, voila an Android port of whatever project I'm working on appears... which is why FmF has an Android version.

I do get that there are a few things that you can optimize for better functionality on Android, but those same optimizations usually work just fine on the PC version too in my experience, as adding buttons and targeting a smaller screen size isn't that hard to do in Ren'Py... Some of that is pre-built into Ren'Py already...

So yeah, is it just me or does it seem to a bunch of other people around here that Smokeshank is talking out of his ass on this one? And is it just me, or does it seem like Smokeshank has one of the easiest gigs ever?
From my knowledge SmokeShank does the behind the scene stuff like taxes and like handling the businesss side of things for sr7. I'm not even kidding.

• Hey there
Reactions: OhWee

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019

I always wondered this too.

I assume that since this is SR7's lucky first huge break, he has no idea how hard he's being grifted. It's not like sunset is working himself to the bone but the split of work between the two is nowhere near equal. Sunset at least produces something worthwhile, whereas Smoke does nothing that SR could not do himself if it's just paying taxes or finding sycophants to moderate the discord for you and writing shitty notices like"ah man i got sick with the ethiopian cancer flu at the last second sorry guys delayed".

Well "Gunsmoke Games" does have Smoke's name on it. Bend or Break was something SR did, but maybe Smoke got the idea for something unlimited, perhaps?

I don't feel sorry for SR7 though. The man is a tool.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
From my knowledge SmokeShank does the behind the scene stuff like taxes and like handling the businesss side of things for sr7. I'm not even kidding.
Yeah I remember SS mentioning that in a twitch stream. That should be more of a 'once a quarter' thing though, I'd guess that Patreon is required to submit some sort of tax forms to the guv'ment when making payouts over 'x' money to other entities, but I'm not not up to speed on Canadian tax law.

I think he also has a hand in managing the socials.
This is what I was alluding to with the 'talking out of his ass' comment. Many other developer types around here have Discords, twitters, etc. (not me, I avoid most other social media platforms), WHILE also working on their games, so I'm not seeing huge amounts of effort here. The 'hard part' was done a long time ago, just posting up random tweets/updates is almost trivial compared to say coding and making artwork.

I always wondered this too.

I assume that since this is SR7's lucky first huge break, he has no idea how hard he's being grifted. It's not like sunset is working himself to the bone but the split of work between the two is nowhere near equal. Sunset at least produces something worthwhile, whereas Smoke does nothing that SR could not do himself if it's just paying taxes or finding sycophants to moderate the discord for you and writing shitty notices like"ah man i got sick with the ethiopian cancer flu at the last second sorry guys delayed".

Well "Gunsmoke Games" does have Smoke's name on it. Bend or Break was something SR did, but maybe Smoke got the idea for something unlimited, perhaps?

I don't feel sorry for SR7 though. The man is a tool.
From conversations on twitch streams, as I remember they've been friends for decades. My thought here, however, is that Smokeshank doesn't really seem to actually know or care what's happening under the hood of either game. His comments about a PC Ren'Py port of the PC Ren'Py Android port code being 'too much work' just seem out of touch with me. But I guess we'll see soon enough. SS did say 'Friday' in one of his latest updates, at which point I guess we'll see how hard it is to 'reverse engineer' the Ren'Py Android port back to Ren'Py PC.

As I mentioned before, Ren'Py already has some touchpad functionality built in to the core engine. There are certain commands (gestures) that might require more specific coding, but these should work on PC and Mac as well as Android if I'm understanding the Ren'Py documentation on the subject, assuming that you have a touchscreen for your Mac or PC.

As I don't have an Android device, and have no desire to own one, I won't be able to play the Android version, but as I said, the Android port types around here on F95Zone should be able to comment on this soon enough.

As I've noted before, the other big question here is how much the artwork has been resized/optimized size wise in the Android port to reduce the size in GB of the game in Android. I can say that the .pngs extracted from SU Unity are significantly 'bloated', plus then sprite folders are duplicated a couple of times, which is why the SU Unity build explodes from just a couple of GB to 14+ GB... SU Unity is just unnecessarily bloated to begin with, well at least the version that SU Unity is built on is...

I really don't expect the SU ReImagined F95Zone community project to ever grow beyond a couple of GB, even with the new characters we are adding, but that's a bit off topic atm...

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes