slowpersun

May 30, 2017
The Ice Maidens look nice, but I wish they'd focus on already established DC Heroes and Villains rather than henchwomen. I mean, we have Gotham as location but no Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown. Hell, a character like Fire could have been used a long time ago but they haven't put her in the game.
The Ice Maidens look like recycled assets, I don't think they're new. Cassandra and Stephanie would require drawing new sprites... so probably next update or two, they'll turn up. Probably when Batman sends them to infiltrate Lex's empire now that Lex is in Gotham. It's just hard to tell if the next update will split between Gotham and Themyscira, or just mostly finish Themyscira. Either way, don't expect to know until right before Christmas, since that's basically when the next update will likely drop.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Gotham is NYC, but DC didn't want to replace NYC, so they placed it somewhere else rather than replace actual cities. Same with basically every other equivalent city:

Gotham = NYC
Metropolis = Chicago (like seriously, how is Superman supposed to get to Kansas and back from the East Coast quickly)
Central City = St. Louis (or possibly Kansas City)
Coast City = LA
Motor City = Detroit (Duh!)
Jump City = Maybe San Francisco (but sometimes not, since there is a Titans West in LA) or else Baltimore
Star City = Complicated (Maybe Boston? Possibly somewhere north of SF, which means either Portland or Seattle? No wait, maybe SF and where Jump City is doesn't matter? It's wikipedia page explains how it keeps jumping around)

DC comics editors have more in common with the same execs that arguably ruined the DC film franchise than they're willing to admit!

Reactions: vireker

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Gotham is NYC, but DC didn't want to replace NYC, so they placed it somewhere else rather than replace actual cities. Same with basically every other equivalent cities:

Gotham = NYC
Metropolis = Chicago (like seriously, how is Superman supposed to get to Kansas and back from the East Coast quickly)
Central City = St. Louis (or possibly Kansas City)
Coast City = LA
Motor City = Detroit (Duh!)
Jump City = Maybe San Francisco (but sometimes not, since there is a Titans West in LA) or else Baltimore
Star City = Complicated (Maybe Boston? Possibly somewhere north of SF, which means either Portland or Seattle? No wait, maybe SF and where Jump City is doesn't matter? It's wikipedia page explains how it keeps jumping around)

DC comics editors have more in common with the same execs that arguably ruined the DC film franchise than they're willing to admit!
That is literally a picture from the comics, and you are trying to argue with it. The internet is really something.
Is it just me, or does this look like Drew Berrymore and Tim Curry?

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
That is literally a picture from the comics, and you are trying to argue with it. The internet is really something.
The comics retcon and change shit all the time, don't post something from a 1960s comic book and claim it as chiseled in stone by Moses. Like seriously, where is Bludhaven on the map?

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Or maybe they hadn't made it up yet.
This is correct. Which is why I made that point

Personally, I don't give a fuck what they have done to break shit in the last few decades, but I doubt they have moved cities. All you have done is make claims, about what you think. I actually showed proof, now do the same, or stfu about this.
They've been breaking shit since the 1950s implemented the comics code, and clearly you do give a fuck or you wouldn't be arguing. But you want proof? Hah, this ain't mathematics, but how about some logic anyways, son?

Think about it from a business perspective. If they said NYC instead of Gotham and presented it as crime-ridden, corrupt (nevermind the mafia) and in need of literal vigilante justice, don't you think they might be sacrificing potential customers (which have mostly been children for the majority of the last 70 years, who rely on parents for allowance to buy comic books, and later TOYS), not to mention the grief they would get from city officials?

Hell, the two companies that merged to form DC were headquartered in NYC, where do you think the original headquarters was when they merged? It was somewhere IN MANHATTAN until 2015. If you want to sell something, it's a hell of a lot easier to sell it if it isn't also critiquing the literal local government (yes, 1st Amendment, but lawsuits are more expensive than avoiding the issue entirely).

But crapping out a single panel from a floating timeline subject to the whims of editors as proof? Man, the internet really is something...

Prometheus51

Sep 25, 2018
That Metropolis=Chicago doesn't make sense to me because there's no way you asked how Superman is supposed to go to and from Smallville to Metropolis so quickly.

I believe (and most people do) Gotham is in New Jersey. The DCAU Gotham is probably in New York. (And some even believe Metropolis is in Delaware). If DC put out a map of the DC United States tomorrow I completely believe they would put Gotham in Jersey. And it isn't even in a real life state county. It's just called "Gotham County" (No Man's Land)

DC universe is literally two times bigger than our Earth, it resets every few years, has differing continuities, cities just pop up, cities never being mentioned in the past because they didn't exist yet, retcons, editorial mandates, and writers contradicting each other. That's not even mentioning how many differing opinions creators have about the DC universe. Trying to argue about this is completely pointless.

Besides
Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #1
Screenshots_2023-09-03-01-18-21.png
There's also "The Atlas of the DC Universe" people use as a resource.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The Ice Maidens look like recycled assets, I don't think they're new. Cassandra and Stephanie would require drawing new sprites... so probably next update or two, they'll turn up. Probably when Batman sends them to infiltrate Lex's empire now that Lex is in Gotham. It's just hard to tell if the next update will split between Gotham and Themyscira, or just mostly finish Themyscira. Either way, don't expect to know until right before Christmas, since that's basically when the next update will likely drop.
He probably won't touch Themyscira for some monts.Let's hope it won't be years.
If he really wants to finish MB no later than 2024,he should give us each other update one girl.
Obviously starting with Huntress.
And even more obviously keeping Wonder Woman for the end.And Catwoman.

Is it just me, or does this look like Drew Berrymore and Tim Curry?
From less than a week.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheSinful

Jun 11, 2018
Your picture literally shows Gotham city is in New Jersey! Stop paying attention to the circle and actually read the map!

That Metropolis=Chicago doesn't make sense to me because there's no way you asked how Superman is supposed to go to and from Smallville to Metropolis so quickly.

I believe (and most people do) Gotham is in New Jersey. The DCAU Gotham is probably in New York. (And some even believe Metropolis is in Delaware). If DC put out a map of the DC United States tomorrow I completely believe they would put Gotham in Jersey. And it isn't even in a real life state county. It's just called "Gotham County" (No Man's Land)

DC universe is literally two times bigger than our Earth, it resets every few years, has differing continuities, cities just pop up, cities never being mentioned in the past because they didn't exist yet, retcons, editorial mandates, and writers contradicting each other. That's not even mentioning how many differing opinions creators have about the DC universe. Trying to argue about this is completely pointless.

Besides
Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #1
View attachment 2899748
There's also "The Atlas of the DC Universe" people use as a resource.
Yes, only in DCAU is Gotham a stand in for NYC. It's been in Jersey for over 60 years at this point in the comics and movies.

View attachment 2899562
The very page you're quoting says that Gotham is only NYC in the DCAU and that both the comics and movies have made it clear that it's in New Jersey

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: vireker

Wmac23

Dec 12, 2020
Is it possible to play this game on an online website I don't have a Windows PC or a Macbook I've got a Chromebook laptop and the demo is annoying
no online here a android ver not demo read The Android Deep Dive first

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes