Mar 13, 2019
We have never in 4.5 years ever have released in December. We break for 2 weeks every year. We did 6 SU updates in 2019 as promised. Your gifts were a themed Halloween event that landed on Halloween (outside the regular dev cycle). That in itself was a massive accomplishment by SR7 who put in absurd hours to get that out. Halloween replaced the final SU update in November. Instead of not doing anything we used all the time and put out a fun project that we have wanted to do for 2 years. 7 content updates in 2019! Do the math, we did more than we were "paid" for.
Ok, there seems to be bit of confusion due to timezones (releases happening first day of the following month for me). Since that is the case, replace early February with end of January.
You promised updates at the end of every second month. If you want to take a break during the holidays (which is perfectly reasonable), you should do November and January releases to maintain the bi-monthly schedule. Having seasonal themed update aligned with specific time of year is indeed nice touch, but it should not be followed by four month gap. Especially if the next release is described as cleanup...

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Ok, there seems to be bit of confusion due to timezones (releases happening first day of the next month for me). Since that is the case, replace early February with end of January.
You promised updates at the end of every second month. If you want to take a break during the holidays (which is perfectly reasonable), you should do November and January releases to maintain the bi-monthly schedule. Having seasonal themed update aligned with specific time of year is indeed nice touch, but it should not be followed by four month gap. Especially if the next release is described as cleanup...
What 4 month gap? We released BoB2 in December. That was literally a less than a month ago. Our Patreon doesn't say "Gunsmoke Games is creating SU" it says "Gunsmoke Games is creating Dating Sims/Visual Novels". I understand this might be a break from other creators ( Dark Cookie, Mity) whose Patreons are for that specific project. We never set ours up that way ever. In fact our launch project was BoB, with comics, and art. We have always been variety.

Btw the next release is described as Halloween, plus clean up. Not just clean up!

Stranac

Feb 1, 2019
Gunsmoke Games you can`t satisfy everyone. Don`t bother on complaints you can just get frustrated. Focus on what you are doing, you are not obliged to anyone. No one is forcing anyone to pay. It would be great if you could expand your team to make things go faster but we trust you that you know what are you doing like we trust you that you will bring great content, like you did every time. Thank you.

Mar 13, 2019
What 4 month gap? We released BoB2 in December. That was literally a less than a month ago. Our Patreon doesn't say "Gunsmoke Games is creating SU" it says "Gunsmoke Games is creating Dating Sims/Visual Novels". I understand this might be a break from other creators ( Dark Cookie, Mity) whose Patreons are for that specific project. We never set ours up that way ever. In fact our launch project was BoB, with comics, and art. We have always been variety.
Four month gap between SU updates. Since SU is to be updated every second month, I dont see how BoB2 release is relevant.

Btw the next release is described as Halloween, plus clean up. Not just clean up!
I admit did omit the Halloween on purpose and to be fair it certainly is content.
While releasing Halloween content in February makes it feel like leftovers from the October update, at least I do expect those to be some pretty sweet leftovers (y)

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Four month gap between SU updates. Since SU is to be updated every second month, I dont see how BoB2 release is relevant
Screenshot_20200111-115729.png

That is how's it's relevant. We have never promised SU updates every 2 months. We however have stated we will deliver some sort of content every 2 months.

Reactions: KaiserST
Mar 13, 2019
IMG
That is how's it's relevant. We have never promised SU updates every 2 months. We however have stated we will deliver some sort of content every 2 months.
Well, you did explain the situation and there is nothing left to argue about.
There has been clearly some misunderstanding as some people - including myself - understood your previous statements as the SU going from monthly updates to bi-monthly and BoB2 having no effect on the frequency and size of SU updates.

patreon.png

jack_cuervo

Nov 6, 2019
As for this upcoming update, it will just be the finishing of all the Halloween event content. The clean up portion, is just content that has not made it in the past builds.

We have never in 4.5 years ever have released in December. We break for 2 weeks every year. We did 6 SU updates in 2019 as promised. Your gifts were a themed Halloween event that landed on Halloween (outside the regular dev cycle). That in itself was a massive accomplishment by SR7 who put in absurd hours to get that out. Halloween replaced the final SU update in November. Instead of not doing anything we used all the time and put out a fun project that we have wanted to do for 2 years. 7 content updates in 2019! Do the math, we did more than we were "paid" for.
I take this moment to tell you, thank you very much for creating this game.

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Well, you did explain the situation and there is nothing left to argue about.
There has been clearly some misunderstanding as some people - including myself - understood your previous statements as the SU going from monthly updates to bi-monthly and BoB2 having no effect on the frequency and size of SU updates.

View attachment 513365
You stated that we promised SU updates every 2 months. Yet you have shown zero proof. You just posted a picture in which we describe our main project. Within that copy it clearly states " Content updates (to SU) are the main focus of most updates". Which is true! In fact we delivered on the bi-monthly expectation of fans for SU by delivering 6 SU updates in 2019 (12/2=6). Then we go above and beyond and deliver a 7th content update in 2019. Sorry but it seems the communication on our end has been very clear. I'm sorry you feel cheated, but really we cannot do anything to help you if your assumptions are not based on the facts presented in our copy, and messaging.

Last edited:

SteamPunk777

Apr 2, 2019
Awesome to see Gunsmoke Games like people have said, appreciate the drop by; plus, shows insight that you know patreon/discord is somewhat of a bubble and take the leap to see other criticism. Enjoyed the game greatly so far! Couple questions:

1. Are animated scenes (like the one with Roulette) off the radar for now/forever because of the tax on resources? Would be cool to see them pop up here and there, very spicy scene imo. :)
2. Henchwomen like Blackfire and Superwoman: is there any indication you can give of when their cell content will start to fill up from where they are now? E.g. Superwoman sitting at just talk, action, etc and adding in dance, strip, sex, etc. Similar sort of thing for heroines like Starfire and Stargirl.

Mar 13, 2019
You stated that we promised SU updates every 2 months. Yet you have shown zero proof. You just posted a picture in which we describe our main project. Within that copy it clearly states " Content updates (to SU) are the main focus of most updates". Which is true! In fact we delivered on the bi-monthly expectation of fans for SU by delivering 6 SU updates in 2019 (12/2=6). Then we go above and beyond and deliver a 7th content update in 2019. Sorry but it seems the communication on our end has been very clear. I'm sorry you feel cheated, but really we cannot do anything to help you if your assumptions are not based on the facts presented in our copy, and messaging.
It states "Updates are released at the end of every second month!" and since the text is about SU, what I came to expect is updates (to SU) every second month.
I would recommend adjusting your communication. When you keep saying bi-monthly or every second month, people may come to expect update every two months. When there is no update after two months - as in this case - our expectations are not met.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Awesome to see Gunsmoke Games like people have said, appreciate the drop by; plus, shows insight that you know patreon/discord is somewhat of a bubble and take the leap to see other criticism. Enjoyed the game greatly so far! Couple questions:

1. Are animated scenes (like the one with Roulette) off the radar for now/forever because of the tax on resources? Would be cool to see them pop up here and there, very spicy scene imo. :)
2. Henchwomen like Blackfire and Superwoman: is there any indication you can give of when their cell content will start to fill up from where they are now? E.g. Superwoman sitting at just talk, action, etc and adding in dance, strip, sex, etc. Similar sort of thing for heroines like Starfire and Stargirl.
We need to engage with everyone. Many have come to support from this very forum.

1) Animations are suspended for the time being. They may get more attention in the future, but I wouldn't expect them in 2020.
2) As for when we touch characters and fill them in we cannot say. There is a backlog of work needed and SR7 is going to create and input as things get a decent chunk of content. Pay attention towards the end of a cycle to find out who is getting filled in.

It states "Updates are released at the end of every second month!" and since the text is about SU, what I came to expect is updates (to SU) every second month.
I would recommend adjusting your communication. When you keep saying bi-monthly or every second month, people may come to expect update every two months. When there is no update after two months - as in this case - our expectations are not met.
Who is our? Are you a Patron? If you are feel free to message us on that platform and we will refund you a month. Have a good day.

Reactions: SteamPunk777
Mar 13, 2019
Yes, I am Patron. No, I am not asking for a refund.
I guess I have utterly failed to make myself clear, but thanks for the offer anyway.

Dec 28, 2018
Sucks that prolonging development for this means that they gave on comics (Rogue Lust) which pretty much got them attention in the first place.

Kojj4

Nov 7, 2018
Hey, let's take it easy. Wait until February to see what will happen, I was honestly upset about the new release of the game (BoB2), because instead of trying to complete SU now will be two jobs to do. I know how it is, if you work in two houses, the task will take longer, but it will not compromise that it will turn out bad. The game needs changes, something new in its gameplay, if in the future you do not like the content that is presented, just get out.
I'm happy with all the content presented, it has many things, lots of girls and a huge variety of sex. But, I feel a little discomfort at the time of the gameplay, how can i explain, there are many mechanics that cannot be explored, sometimes I feel a huge void, something that makes me want to feel emotion, I still don't know how to describe it. I give my support to GG, because we are not obliged to anything, and if GG doesn't want to go ahead, it's his patreons he should be pleased with. Yeah, I play for free as many, but in the future I do not like or lose the will, I get out without having to criticize GG. Let's leave him a little in peace.
Have a good job and don't be discouraged by these people.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm not complaining about anything, but I gotta say, talking about SU then saying updates are every two months without indicating a change of subject definitely looks like it's saying SU updates are every two months.

Reactions: festerloves

jones

Aug 22, 2016
Hey, let's take it easy. Wait until February to see what will happen, I was honestly upset about the new release of the game (BoB2), because instead of trying to complete SU now will be two jobs to do. I know how it is, if you work in two houses, the task will take longer, but it will not compromise that it will turn out bad. The game needs changes, something new in its gameplay, if in the future you do not like the content that is presented, just get out.
I'm happy with all the content presented, it has many things, lots of girls and a huge variety of sex. But, I feel a little discomfort at the time of the gameplay, how can i explain, there are many mechanics that cannot be explored, sometimes I feel a huge void, something that makes me want to feel emotion, I still don't know how to describe it. I give my support to GG, because we are not obliged to anything, and if GG doesn't want to go ahead, it's his patreons he should be pleased with. Yeah, I play for free as many, but in the future I do not like or lose the will, I get out without having to criticize GG. Let's leave him a little in peace.
Have a good job and don't be discouraged by these people.
Fixing the fundamental problems with the gameplay and adding quality-of-life features is clearly not even on their radar. More people should be pointing this out if they care about the game. That's why SR7 thinks it's fine to just start more "games". They don't even think anything is wrong. This is what happens when a comic book artist tries to make a game.

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017
Not to mention, there isn't a guarantee this change would even result in a HiGhEr QuAlIty bUiLD w LeSS bUgS
This was the same statement they made when they went to two month cycles. Spoilers: it didn't happen.
Who is our? Are you a Patron? If you are feel free to message us on that platform and we will refund you a month. Have a good day.
As usual, the inevitable conclusion of "You don't pay for our game so your crit doesn't matter." Just trot that one out first and be done with it, my guy.

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes