zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well one circe if your talking about wonder womans i forget if it sister are what she is a demi god just like wonder woman so she realy would not need lex she has powers of her own. just saying plues i don't think lex is in to shareing with others. i just hope to get some good story and sex scene's and i think if they did not saying they should but if they did add a nother heroin is should be superwoman's atlter ego lol.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I hope we get a fair amount of content this update if they go back to say 1 or two characters scenes that will be disappointing
Considering the fact that satisfying updates were rare even when they were actually sticking to a schedule, I wouldn't count on it.

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
Doesn't matter how good the update could be or not, people will always find something to complain, that's human nature

Reactions: Danlorn

hurry69

May 28, 2018
Does anyone have a full mac save? Mine won't let me have blackfire as my henchwoman and I don't really want to restart the whole game...

GenericAccount34

Apr 1, 2018
I hope we get a fair amount of content this update if they go back to say 1 or two characters scenes that will be disappointing
Sunset has said on DC that this build was mostly programming updates, so don't get your hopes up for much. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the lois content, a few miscellaneous scenes, and then lots of under the hood work

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Does anyone have a full mac save? Mine won't let me have blackfire as my henchwoman and I don't really want to restart the whole game...
Purely random but you can try to update/reset her control device, let her go and recapture her, then re-upgrade it to have her back in her cell. It might trigger scenes and stuff. I got Talia to appear in my game by resetting the whole yacht event.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Purely random but you can try to update/reset her control device, let her go and recapture her, then re-upgrade it to have her back in her cell. It might trigger scenes and stuff. I got Talia to appear in my game by resetting the whole yacht event.
He is talking about Blackfire,not Starfire.Only superheroines have a device you can level up and upgrade.

Silito13

Aug 9, 2016
I think this is everything. Download and convert this into a .plist file. Should work. For some reason I can't upload .plist files here

Reactions: hurry69

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Sunset has said on DC that this build was mostly programming updates, so don't get your hopes up for much. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the lois content, a few miscellaneous scenes, and then lots of under the hood work
So basically what you're saying is it's going to take them t least half a year to make any content even remotely worthwhile? I want Louis content more than most, but it's not even going to be as good as the content already existing for Louis since it won't have animations.

Reactions: FriendlyBear12

Gaoraga

Oct 22, 2017
So basically what you're saying is it's going to take them t least half a year to make any content even remotely worthwhile? I want Louis content more than most, but it's not even going to be as good as the content already existing for Louis since it won't have animations.
The animations where part of the reason the game use to be crazy glitchy.
You don't pay for this game.
And programming updates are VERY important and time consuming for a game like this, minimizing the chance of glitches and making it so the game runs as well as it could.

I agree that this isn't the best, that more scenes with more girls would be great, but the game NEEDS this sort of thing and as we saw with the new cheat menu, it appears like it will streamline a lot of things and make the game better in the long run. Next update is probably gonna be one with a lot of stuff in it, but this one is needed.

This is the system update that the console needed basically. So maybe tone it down a bit? Because you are coming across as very entitled.

saladin777

Jul 23, 2017
So, reading about the updates under the hood, i agree they are needed, but does it mean they killed the reboot? Anyone who can share any info about that or the usuall silence.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
And programming updates are VERY important and time consuming for a game like this, minimizing the chance of glitches and making it so the game runs as well as it could.

I agree that this isn't the best, that more scenes with more girls would be great, but the game NEEDS this sort of thing and as we saw with the new cheat menu, it appears like it will streamline a lot of things and make the game better in the long run. Next update is probably gonna be one with a lot of stuff in it, but this one is needed.

This is the system update that the console needed basically. So maybe tone it down a bit? Because you are coming across as very entitled.
He's also coming out as pretty weird with his "Louis" spam all the time. Hidden fetish or auto-correct acting up ? :unsure:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017

I would agree with you that programming updates are important, if they hadn't spent most of the last six months without a worthwhile update, and I would agree with you that animation caused glitches as an excuse if they weren't pulling in something like $15,000 a month for the project. They can afford to devote some time to getting them working. Plenty of patreon games making less money a month pull it off without it being a problem. Something Unlimited, on the other hand, is a week's worth of work stretched across a nine week period. It's a handful of still images, a poorly written script that no one proofreads, and the exact same progression of content for every character. Nothing about Something Unlimited screams "We need to fix what's under the hood so this update is going to be a little slight on content." It's more of a "We got nothin', so here's our excuse." situation. Most updates are literally five minutes of content, so why would technical issues ever be a valid defense? There are literally no reasons to defend how little content there is in each release, so why would technical issues be a defense for even less content than usual?

Also, me not paying for the game doesn't mean that I'm not entitled to an opinion. That is not, has never, and will never be a valid defense of a project. That kind of defense is for the weak and ineffectual.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well everone has an oppineon sorry if i spelled that wrong. the thing is the dev's said that when the game is finished that animation would be put back in to the game. plues every one has a person they like to see. i don't pay for this ether but i do like to see it done right and good. just my thought's hope they keep up the good work and get every thing done .

Gaoraga

Oct 22, 2017
I would agree with you that programming updates are important, if they hadn't spent most of the last six months without a worthwhile update, and I would agree with you that animation caused glitches as an excuse if they weren't pulling in something like $15,000 a month for the project. They can afford to devote some time to getting them working. Plenty of patreon games making less money a month pull it off without it being a problem. Something Unlimited, on the other hand, is a week's worth of work stretched across a nine week period. It's a handful of still images, a poorly written script that no one proofreads, and the exact same progression of content for every character. Nothing about Something Unlimited screams "We need to fix what's under the hood so this update is going to be a little slight on content." It's more of a "We got nothin', so here's our excuse." situation. Most updates are literally five minutes of content, so why would technical issues ever be a valid defense? There are literally no reasons to defend how little content there is in each release, so why would technical issues be a defense for even less content than usual?

Also, me not paying for the game doesn't mean that I'm not entitled to an opinion. That is not, has never, and will never be a valid defense of a project. That kind of defense is for the weak and ineffectual.
'Six months without a worthy update'

This is the start if May. We have had four months this year so far. The last update was March. They take January off. And if I remember properly, they do that with December as well. So in the last six months we have two updates, two of those months they had off

Last update (2.2.6) we had:
15 errors fixed
16 new backgrounds
An anal scene for Shiva
A new costume for Maxima and 8 new sex scenes involving her and her servants
A leash scene
10 new costumes for a bunch of other characters
8 new sex scenes from old and fan favorite characters
7 different dance scenes
So a total of 17 different sex scenes, a leash scene, 8 different dance scenes, variants on like four different options and more. All of which had unique art, dialogue and coded in. As a writer I can say, it takes a while to write. And watching any of Gunsmoke's streams, just ONE of those pictures takes HOURS to draw. And I have no idea how long it takes to code and bug check. Plus there where bugs that they fixed, which took more time

Also if you are not spamming the skip button, and you read what is going on (at least the first time) one sex scene would take about a minute to get through, probably more (using Purity Sin's playthrough of the game as a small reference there)

Now let's go back to the other update we had (2.2.5/2.2.555):
14 new backgrounds
An entire new character who you where able to sex
17 new costumes
14 new sex scenes
An entire new event which would require a lot more coding than normal

Saying you did not like these updates is fine. But saying these updates where not "worthwhile" and take "five minutes", implying that these updates where tiny and easy and barley had any content, is factually wrong when.... just look at all that!
And you do actually call it little content when we have gotten a LOT, and these updates did not take five minutes. It would take about an hour, which is a lot longer than a lot of other games on this site when they get uploaded, unless you spam the skip button

Heck comparing to what we had the same time last year, it is basically exactly the same. The only difference is that instead of doing a lot of two characters, they did a little for a lot of characters. That may have made it FEEL shorter because you didn't have to grind through blowjob scenes to get to the sex but it is the equivalent amount of work

And the animation is a problem. Because it took up a LOT of time, especially with how high quality the art is for this game, and it caused problems with the code which is why they stopped doing it. They made that clear WHEN they stopped doing animation. And while yes they do make a lot of money for this game, they are still human and have limits to get out quality updates. Heck I remember this time last year when people where complaining about how they have to wait two months for updates with characters they don't care about.

These guys have admitted about not being the best with the scripts and the old software was part of the problem, as they also admitted in the past. So this update here, focusing on making the game work better, is to reduce that problem

"Plenty of patreon games making less money a month pull it off without it being a problem. "
Yes and those games are mostly Ren'ply games with pictures of 3D models or if they are using original art, and no offense to these games, of a lower quality to the ones in Something Unlimited.
Again, look at one of the streams and you see how long it takes to draw ONE POSE for a girl in this game. And you can not deny the art in this game is amazing. Meanwhile art of other games on this site are clearly a lot lower quality with a lot simpler graphics, mechanics and a lot few options

This game has a lot of quality behind it, even if there are flaws

And I never said you where not entitled to an opinion. I said tone it down.
Again, you are getting it for free. You are not supporting the creator. This does not mean you are not allowed an opinion, I am saying you could be a little less negative
"So basically what you're saying is it's going to take them t least half a year to make any content even remotely worthwhile? I want Louis content more than most, but it's not even going to be as good as the content already existing for Louis since it won't have animations."
I've already mentioned the half a year thing, but you are basically saying the update will suck since it won't be animated even though you really want a Lois update. Especially since, again, there is a reason they stopped doing animations in this game a LONG time ago

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Something Unlimited, on the other hand, is a week's worth of work stretched across a nine week period.
I am pretty sure that nobody can finish the usual update we have for SU in just a week or two.Even when we are talking for the worst updates like 2.0.1 or 2.1.1
People must understand that the power of the PC don't lower exponentially the amount of time you need to make a render.

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018
As I write this it's currently

Friday, 8 May 2020, 8:19 pm
In the America time zones

Any chance of a release today

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018
^ America has 3-4 timezones and nope on release .............
Thank you for your reply

I understand that there are multiple time zones.

Why not on the release ?
It has been a week since the announcment of the cheat menu on May first right

I apologise if I have missed something

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes