Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Go back a few pages and read many posts where every1 says to not trust the stated release day/window/week/month and to basically wait to be surprised by a random release sometime within the year

Reactions: Burroughsie

adun

May 14, 2018
So a total of 17 different sex scenes, a leash scene, 8 different dance scenes, variants on like four different options and more. All of which had unique art, dialogue and coded in. As a writer I can say, it takes a while to write. And watching any of Gunsmoke's streams, just ONE of those pictures takes HOURS to draw. And I have no idea how long it takes to code and bug check. Plus there where bugs that they fixed, which took more time
So let's see, yer on a bimonthly schedule with depending on country, 1+ months of isolation, aka home office or time off.
Would you mind giving us an example of the hours work of drawing one picture, especially when a lot of the artwork is copy past in many parts across the costumes etc.
I am not denying that the initial one may take longer but the differences throughout a scene do not seem to mandate total start from 0 each time.

As for the writing, we're not even talking say twilight levels of prose....

And sure we do not wanna get into simply milking a "fan base" with loads of games that do not manage to even create unique characters or simply know that rule 34 is gonna get them a steady income.

And while we are at income, let us throw around some numbers
so for funzies; 4 people team
14500 dollars/month, so 3625 for each of em per month, 20 workdays/month at 8 hours/day
that would be an hourly wage of ~$22,65

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I am pretty sure that nobody can finish the usual update we have for SU in just a week or two.Even when we are talking for the worst updates like 2.0.1 or 2.1.1
People must understand that the power of the PC don't lower exponentially the amount of time you need to make a render.
It's a handful of still characters, with interchangeable body types, with interchangeable facial expressions, with identical event progression, with extremely simple structure. A week may be exaggerating, but it shouldn't take anywhere near nine weeks unless they're working an hour a day. The updates are only as short as they are because the patreon system encourages "developers" to half ass their work. I would say we don't even get it half assed for Something Unlimited, at best we get a quarter of an ass. Think about it.

How does a character work in SU? Capture, dance, strip, masturbate at the club. Some have still image sex scenes at the brothel. Most get the club content made months or years prior to the bordello and their cell content. The cells are, with few exceptions, identical in progression for every single character. Dance, strip, spank, leash, hand job, blow job, sex, in teh butt, sloot. With identical progression for nearly every character and only slight variations for those that have some differences, the code database should be pretty well streamlined, the creation of art assets should be straight forward as well, and yet the updates get smaller every release and are slowly and surely taking longer and longer and longer. One a month, then once every two months, then once every two months plus a week, now we're at two months plus a week with no news on release. It shouldn't take anywhere near this long to produce updates as short and derivative as GSG does for Something Unlimited.

D

Deleted member 30090

Halloween event won't trigger, is there a way to activate it through regedit? I have cheshire and blackfire as henchwomen so im pretty sure it should have activated by now

justme017

Aug 16, 2017
It's a handful of still characters, with interchangeable body types, with interchangeable facial expressions, with identical event progression, with extremely simple structure. A week may be exaggerating, but it shouldn't take anywhere near nine weeks unless they're working an hour a day. The updates are only as short as they are because the patreon system encourages "developers" to half ass their work. I would say we don't even get it half assed for Something Unlimited, at best we get a quarter of an ass. Think about it.

How does a character work in SU? Capture, dance, strip, masturbate at the club. Some have still image sex scenes at the brothel. Most get the club content made months or years prior to the bordello and their cell content. The cells are, with few exceptions, identical in progression for every single character. Dance, strip, spank, leash, hand job, blow job, sex, in teh butt, sloot. With identical progression for nearly every character and only slight variations for those that have some differences, the code database should be pretty well streamlined, the creation of art assets should be straight forward as well, and yet the updates get smaller every release and are slowly and surely taking longer and longer and longer. One a month, then once every two months, then once every two months plus a week, now we're at two months plus a week with no news on release. It shouldn't take anywhere near this long to produce updates as short and derivative as GSG does for Something Unlimited.
Ok, just for fun. Let’s say they did work at this like a “normal” full-time job, which they have claimed in the past.

40hrs x 4 weeks x 2 months = 320 hours

Even IF the art assets took hours to draw, which some may take longer to get the result he wants, narrating while working slows you down, and creating rooms in photoshop layers is not near as complicated as characters...

Let’s say an average of 2.5 hours per asset as a starting point
As an example, someone listed

~74 new assets x 2.5 hours = 185 hours

320 - 185 = 135 hours for meetings, coding, troubleshooting, and rendering.

Oh wait, that’s two update cycles... So,

640 - 185 = 455 hours for meetings, coding, troubleshooting, and rendering over the course if 4 months.

That does not include weekends or overtime. Even if you accounted for 2.5 hours of break time a day (very generous, meaning a 5.5hr work day), that still leaves...

355 hours over 4 months for meetings, coding, troubleshooting, and rendering.
Think what you will of them as a studio, as people, as free-lance artist(s); they are making a lot of money to make this.

Ravs

Sep 2, 2018
Lol just here to see if they met their release window. Crazy how some games with more content and actual game play elements from smaller studios are able to meet more consistent deadlines. I don't know how anyone justifies dropping $25/update on what loosely amounts to 10 pics/month. Y'all are something thirsty.

holajay

Mar 18, 2019
i've been getting this bug for a while now where the screen gets partially obscured. I can't seem to find anyone else having this problem, so I'm just going to post an image here so people can better understand what I'm talking about.

issuesu226.PNG

it's purely aesthetic and doesn't affect gameplay at all, it's just kind of irritating and I don't know how to fix it

paracetamol95

Oct 15, 2019
The worst part isn't the constant delays, but the absolute silence about it. They knew there was gonna be a delay. The decent thing would be to tell us.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
i've been getting this bug for a while now where the screen gets partially obscured. I can't seem to find anyone else having this problem, so I'm just going to post an image here so people can better understand what I'm talking about.

View attachment 650952

it's purely aesthetic and doesn't affect gameplay at all, it's just kind of irritating and I don't know how to fix it
Update your drivers. Seems like Unity doesn't love your video card

krilati77

Jan 3, 2019
Could someone share a full save of the latest version for windovs? I don't understand how to get the new special costumes and i am missing some from before too

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
who now's my be there tring to get every thing up to par. i really don't know tho. all i can say is hope for the best out come.

reversi154

Feb 11, 2017

View attachment 650952

ALT+ENTER

Reactions: PlagueRoamer

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I really like the comic book theme but IMO this game REALLY needs a way to massively reduce the grind. I find it to be just unplayably tedious without cheats.

Reactions: Swallows999
4.10 star(s) 159 Votes