Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Hopefully they will finish Hawkgirl content in this patch. Don't know why they delay Wonder Woman content. She is one of the main characters. Maybe next patch.
They delay Wonder Woman because they know she has a fan base that will keep paying in hopes that she's the next character. It's quite likely she'll be one of the last characters to get full content.

So, this has had what three updates so far this year and they've now been late on two? Or is it four updates and late on three?

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018
Huh til thought they were completely different characters. Since their personality is apples and oranges different.
They are different characters Galatea is a unique character based on power girl but made for justice league unlimited which is what the game is based on

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Huh til thought they were completely different characters. Since their personality is apples and oranges different.
They are different characters, but Galatea is the DCAU analog to Power Girl.

View attachment 721830 View attachment 721830
This explains a lot. Straight from his discord posts. Almost all of the dozens of posts over the last weeks are political, but these made me really wonder.
Wait. He started on the 20th? Is he referring to something specific, or did he just unintentionally admit how little actual work goes into this game?

justme017

Aug 16, 2017
That post was made on June 30th, so it’s more of he actually started compiling the art into unity on June 20th (thus reference to short time frame). Otherwise that reference to a short time frame is implying even two months is not enough for him, which negates your assumption of him starting in May.

Reactions: uberbomb

IAmRatchet

Sep 10, 2017
That would be fine if they could at least hit the fucking window that they put up to avoid this very thing. This became a pattern a long time ago, and if they can't consistently hit a regular release schedule, something needs to change management-wise. They either need to work harder, or, they need they hire more people to help out. It's really that simple, because this is bullshit.

Ive been a fan of Sunset’s since he was Gunsmoke on Hentai Foundry, and his idea for this game was great. But it’s very obvious that his work ethic, and SmokeShank’s enabling behavior, is absolute dogshit.

Last edited:

raey578

Jun 2, 2017
This games management and communication is EA level bad. Its even worse when you realize they have stolen all their character models, and DC could shut this game down anytime they wanted lol.

Reactions: Cyberious

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
This games management and communication is EA level bad. Its even worse when you realize they have stolen all their character models, and DC could shut this game down anytime they wanted lol.
As an ex EA employee, EA development is actually a very well organized experience with strong and consistent communication across all aspects of the project. I say this as someone who would rather kill himself than return to EA.

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
I genuinely feel that while Sunset wants to finish this project, he's grown far too bored with it. The original plot of the game has been taken away due the high requests of added girls and completion, he's made artwork basically to be cookie cutter format after the Lois update (same body scaled differently), updates have become windows to enable his tardy behavior, and he has few other prrojects to provide needed variety and incentive to maintain quality.

Plus I agree that Smoke's enabling all this instead of providing the needed constructive criticism required to maintain quality and flow.

Chimmy

Oct 2, 2017
I genuinely feel that while Sunset wants to finish this project, he's grown far too bored with it. The original plot of the game has been taken away due the high requests of added girls and completion, he's made artwork basically to be cookie cutter format after the Lois update (same body scaled differently), updates have become windows to enable his tardy behavior, and he has few other prrojects to provide needed variety and incentive to maintain quality.

Plus I agree that Smoke's enabling all this instead of providing the needed constructive criticism required to maintain quality and flow.
Ultimately I agree. At least right now they're trying to complete characters but man they REALLY let outside character input override a quick development schedule

Reactions: raey578

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017

I would agree with you, but SR7 is someone who actually gets bored of drawing a comic after a couple of pages. Odds are he's all in on this projecting simply because he's kept at it for so long and because of how lucrative it is.

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes