Ren'Py Abandoned Sophie [v0.1] [Tasty Games]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
+1 to that. though with dev not resuming work until February we can expect v0.02 not to happen until end of Feb or even first week of March.

Reactions: dahulka

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
@tastygames you are more than okay, i would rather wait while you get situated, than have you try to juggle all that AND work on Sophie, its definitely worth it. Youve got something good with a lot of potential, and i cant wait to see the next installments

Reactions: selvy

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
great u back and that u plan to continue soonish.
i have only checked the preview pics and they are really nice, not sure about the game as i have not tried it yet.

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update here. I'm very much back at home, all is good and new job is going well. I'm going to give myself a couple of weeks to settle down etc before I get back into Sophie. So, as previous comments have suggested, I will be starting work on Sophie once again during the first week of February.

Thank you all for your patience. Watch this space!

Tasty.
@tastygames you are more than okay, i would rather wait while you get situated, than have you try to juggle all that AND work on Sophie, its definitely worth it. Youve got something good with a lot of potential, and i cant wait to see the next installments
Completly agreed with @TheSomething
As much as I want an update on this game I wouldnt wanna see this game potential squandered because you pushed yourself too far and couldnt put as much of yourself into the game.
Nor would I(or hopefully anyone else) want to see you kill yourself trying to take care of yourself AND push out this game.

Reactions: DavidTurner

selvy

Dec 31, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update here. I'm very much back at home, all is good and new job is going well. I'm going to give myself a couple of weeks to settle down etc before I get back into Sophie. So, as previous comments have suggested, I will be starting work on Sophie once again during the first week of February.

Thank you all for your patience. Watch this space!

Tasty.
Happy to see that you are back Tasty, love the game so far, very much looking forward to see more from the story and take your time.

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
@Mark600601 completely unrelated... how did you get a gif as your signature? I tried to add one and it had the broken pic and said
I jsut found the gif on google. Copied the Url and when to signature clicked add media or add image I dont remember which anymore and added the url there and it worked
Maybe try using the same gif from a different website?

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
I jsut found the gif on google. Copied the Url and when to signature clicked add media or add image I dont remember which anymore and added the url there and it worked
Maybe try using the same gif from a different website?
Thanks, i will give that a try

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
per dev’s patreon he has resumed work on this game. day 2 is about 60% complete though he has a busy full time job and doesn’t have much free time to work on it.

no release date specified. purely speculative on my part but i think either mid March or end of March.

his patreon is also on a update pay schedule so he doesn’t get paid until something comes up. he said on his post this will change once he gets a regular schedule.

so good news but we will still have to wait!

Reactions: DavidTurner

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
not time to hit the panic button yet. if it’s april and still no word this can be tagged abandoned.

dev did post late January that he just resumed working on it. i think we won’t see 0.2 until end of March unless there’s an update from him stating otherwise.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
not sure whats going on, maybe people think they can do a "Impure stunt" and get free money releasing nothing.
its damn annoying. why can't they just go away and let serious developer work and get all the support they deserve.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
thing is, he put his patreon campaign on hold (no charge until major update I think). so he's not milking any money until he puts out a v0.02. so we'll see. no need to consider this abandoned until April but since he hasn't posted since January 26th I'm concerned of course.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Bloody hell, too sad! I really liked this one. I think patreon moral police found this sentence on his page "...the story of Sophie and her Father during a getaway..." Alert! Alert!

Reactions: titit and fyahrebel
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes