Ren'Py Abandoned Sophie [v0.1] [Tasty Games]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Thanks ...
Edit:
Mega , google and all archive is broken ...
So, from what I gather, the best way to get broken links fixed is to go to the OP and report it. In the report, just state that the links are down, or that they need updating, etc. Since I got this advice from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend you've been messing around... Sorry, song lyric got stuck in my head. Anyways, I reported the OP and I'll find out if this is the best way to report broken links, or if there is a better way.

Reactions: Krull

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
Ok guys, I don't want to leave you hanging on any longer so here's the deal.

tl;dr (skip the first few paragrahs if you can't be bothered)

The project stopped for many reasons, but mostly because real life happened and also patreon banning my account due to the games theme. When this happened, episode two was making slow but steady progress, but I was already feeling overwhelmed by the amount of content creation that needed doing, and me being stupid by setting myself monthly time constraints for each update.

I was faced with two paths. One: To devote more time to Sophie, reducing my real life workload hoping that I would earn enough income from Sophie to make up for the loss in my actual job (in a failing market thanks to Patreon) or Two: concentrate on my real life ambitions and projects and spend less time on Sophie.

It's obvious which path I chose. Soon after that I pretty much gave up on Sophie, until now.

Sophie Lives. Episode two is well under way. Unfortunately I lost a lot of material during my downtime, and so I'm having to create a lot of it from scratch, and that includes ALL of the dialogue that I had written. But that's fine. There was a lot I wasn't happy with anyway, so it's nice being able to build from the ground upwards based on my previous experience.

The story follows on from Episode 1. There will be a few minor continuity issues, mainly due to the fact that I have converted Sophie into a Genesis 8 model and some clothing items just don't play ball. A little example is that I won't be able to implement the dress choice that you would have made in episode 1, among other minor things.

That's pretty much it for now. This time I'm not setting deadlines, not even an approximation of release. I'll continue to provide regular updates on here, whilst I search for an alternative to Patreon. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Oh I almost forgot, Sophie has been dying to say hello! (She's really excited to be going on holiday finally...)

View attachment 216610

And it's Sophies first time on a plane!

View attachment 216620
There are numerous ways to get around your game containing certain content and themes while still being on Patreon. Many on this site have done it successfully since Patreon created these rules after pressure from PayPal, and are still successful to this day.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
So, from what I gather, the best way to get broken links fixed is to go to the OP and report it. In the report, just state that the links are down, or that they need updating, etc. Since I got this advice from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend you've been messing around... Sorry, song lyric got stuck in my head. Anyways, I reported the OP and I'll find out if this is the best way to report broken links, or if there is a better way.
Just to follow up, when my report was closed about broken links in the OP, I was told that yes, if there are broken links in the OP, report the OP with the reason you are reporting it!

Reactions: Cirro84

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
considering there has been no update since 2017 and the dev no longer has a Patreon page, i'd assume so.
Possibly however the Dev did put a post back last page post #233 however at the moment I don't even know myself if it's dead or not, however this is the post to read through (Quoted below). I hope it's not as the Dev did link a blog post but sadly the link is either dead or the blog has been taken down. Though looking at the cached version of the blog the last time a post was done was Jan 8th 2019 and the last time the Dev posted on here was also Jan 8th.

Also a few posts lower said the blog was gone on the 19th Jan. Maybe they will turn up again who knows.

Ok guys, I don't want to leave you hanging on any longer so here's the deal.

tl;dr (skip the first few paragrahs if you can't be bothered)

The project stopped for many reasons, but mostly because real life happened and also patreon banning my account due to the games theme. When this happened, episode two was making slow but steady progress, but I was already feeling overwhelmed by the amount of content creation that needed doing, and me being stupid by setting myself monthly time constraints for each update.

I was faced with two paths. One: To devote more time to Sophie, reducing my real life workload hoping that I would earn enough income from Sophie to make up for the loss in my actual job (in a failing market thanks to Patreon) or Two: concentrate on my real life ambitions and projects and spend less time on Sophie.

It's obvious which path I chose. Soon after that I pretty much gave up on Sophie, until now.

Sophie Lives. Episode two is well under way. Unfortunately I lost a lot of material during my downtime, and so I'm having to create a lot of it from scratch, and that includes ALL of the dialogue that I had written. But that's fine. There was a lot I wasn't happy with anyway, so it's nice being able to build from the ground upwards based on my previous experience.

The story follows on from Episode 1. There will be a few minor continuity issues, mainly due to the fact that I have converted Sophie into a Genesis 8 model and some clothing items just don't play ball. A little example is that I won't be able to implement the dress choice that you would have made in episode 1, among other minor things.

That's pretty much it for now. This time I'm not setting deadlines, not even an approximation of release. I'll continue to provide regular updates on here, whilst I search for an alternative to Patreon. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Oh I almost forgot, Sophie has been dying to say hello! (She's really excited to be going on holiday finally...)

View attachment 216610

And it's Sophies first time on a plane!

View attachment 216620

Reactions: Agrik

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Possibly however the Dev did put a post back last page post #233 however at the moment I don't even know myself if it's dead or not, however this is the post to read through (Quoted below). I hope it's not as the Dev did link a blog post but sadly the link is either dead or the blog has been taken down. Though looking at the cached version of the blog the last time a post was done was Jan 8th 2019 and the last time the Dev posted on here was also Jan 8th.

Also a few posts lower said the blog was gone on the 19th Jan. Maybe they will turn up again who knows.
Yea sadly the blogs gone, but after reading the devs post, i now have faith that there will be an update!

junior X

Mar 28, 2019
Links are goods ?

my rar file from MEGA is corrupted, can't extract.

and all the other links have same name file.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
Again again lol.. He popped up for a sec last month saying im making a comeback then disappeared.. I will give it another month of wait before abandoning hope again, I understand games take time, especially solo devs... Anywhere between 1-4 months

SavetheDiesel

Feb 10, 2018
Well this was a damn good way to start the day in early morning..finding a game new to me that looks real interesting and it was already abandoned..:(

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
There had been an extended version too iirc, about 50 mbs bigger. Don't know what was changed.

Dev teased the crowd with some renders 'for more to come' with the 'new Sophie', wanted to redo the game somewhat but sadly did not follow through. Quality wise it could have been on par with DmD a.o. games out there. :/

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes