Ren'Py Abandoned Sophie [v0.1] [Tasty Games]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes
Mar 7, 2018
Yep, could have been on par with DMD for sure, this game has amazing renders and great writing, I personally think its very rare with games with both great writing/renders and also a story, with only 1 person, like this was, Pandelo was another(also abandoned).

I think alot of one man developers quit also because the burdon of the work and also because the subjects of games(morally) can be heavy to handel to for many(especially with taboo stuff like incest in this game.)

kevalen

Apr 13, 2019
it's a pity the game was abandoned...
I agree completely. This game was one that I hoped for so long would come back (this one and My Sweet Neighbors). This one was honestly the best game I've found in this genre for having realistic looking people, actual believable emotions, and a quality storyline. Hopefully someone will come across this little gem at some point and decide to remake it; as long as they keep the same flavor it currently has, would hate to see it turn into another game with silicon barbie characters with completely unrealistic figures.

Reactions: tossler

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
This one was honestly the best game I've found in this genre for having realistic looking people, actual believable emotions, and a quality storyline.
My thoughts exactly. I mean this one is short and there is little substance but what's there feels "right".

Reactions: tossler

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
who tf puts something that looks this good out there then just gives up? It really had potential...

Reactions: a1fox3

Just_In_Case

Jul 24, 2017
I really love the gothic look of the female character, she has a perfect balance of sweet and sour. I've seen this model being used in quite a lot of VNs but I don't recall any dev made her look like this (most of them portrayed her as an innocent & pretty girl).
There doesn't seem to be much hope for this VN, but I would really like to see her in this look in some other VN.

Last edited:
Reactions: x7CB

TastyGames

Mar 4, 2020
Hello everyone.

First of all I would like to point out that I am not the original author of Sophie. But I hope you'll find this exciting.

I was a Patreon supporter of Sophie. I massively enjoyed the game and like a lot of you, I had really high hopes for it's future. And so I was incredible frustrated to see it fail but I remained hopeful that he would return and continue the project, but as you know this never happened.

I recently contacted the author looking to see if there was anything that could be done. I had a response from him stating that whilst he was still passionate about the project, he wasn't able to keep up with expectations due to real world circumstances and this coupled with the Patreon crackdown on incest related titles made the project unfeasable.

And here is the exciting bit. After a few exchanges with the original author, he has handed me the keys to 'Sophie.' This obviously came with the proviso that Sophie remained as true to her original character as possible, and that storyline would continue from the first release.

Obviously there will be a few differences and continuity errors here and there. I don't have access to some of the assets that he used, and so for example, the options of dresses that were available to the player in day one won't be continued in to day two. But these remain fairly minor and won't be a game breaker by any means.

Over the next few days I'll provided more details about what's currently happening, but I am very much underway with the project. Just like the original author, I will set up a blog so that progress can be tracked, with regular updates and images etc.

So, Sophie is very much back. I'm looking forward to showing you some screens over the next couple of days, and if anyone has any good suggestions on what could be improved from the first game then I would love to hear them.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Hello everyone.

First of all I would like to point out that I am not the original author of Sophie. But I hope you'll find this exciting.

I was a Patreon supporter of Sophie. I massively enjoyed the game and like a lot of you, I had really high hopes for it's future. And so I was incredible frustrated to see it fail but I remained hopeful that he would return and continue the project, but as you know this never happened.

I recently contacted the author looking to see if there was anything that could be done. I had a response from him stating that whilst he was still passionate about the project, he wasn't able to keep up with expectations due to real world circumstances and this coupled with the Patreon crackdown on incest related titles made the project unfeasable.

And here is the exciting bit. After a few exchanges with the original author, he has handed me the keys to 'Sophie.' This obviously came with the proviso that Sophie remained as true to her original character as possible, and that storyline would continue from the first release.

Obviously there will be a few differences and continuity errors here and there. I don't have access to some of the assets that he used, and so for example, the options of dresses that were available to the player in day one won't be continued in to day two. But these remain fairly minor and won't be a game breaker by any means.

Over the next few days I'll provided more details about what's currently happening, but I am very much underway with the project. Just like the original author, I will set up a blog so that progress can be tracked, with regular updates and images etc.

So, Sophie is very much back. I'm looking forward to showing you some screens over the next couple of days, and if anyone has any good suggestions on what could be improved from the first game then I would love to hear them.
Fuck yeah. This is really good news.

Mar 7, 2018
Very interesting TastyGames , so the "real" Tasty games has said he won't make the game ever again? Or is there some collaboration or he has totally given up? I wonder why he just couldnt post a message here, since he posted other messages telling us and hypeing his comeback, and now he cant tell us fans a little message that he gave up, well, i'm dissappointed by that for sure and its bad style.

But good luck to you new Tastygames and thanks for the new information!

TastyGames

Mar 4, 2020
saffe From what I've understood whilst talking to him is that he always wanted to continue with the project, but he has huge commitments with work. Apparently he's away from home at least three days a week. I'm not sure what happened with that teaser a while ago, but he has told me as of now that he's completely given up on it. I don't know if he even has an account here anymore, and obviously Patreon closed his page down.

He explained in quite a lot of detail the plan for Sophie and the vision he had, and I will do my utmost to make sure the feel of the first game continues through the rest of the project.

Mar 7, 2018
TastyGames admiriable effort, and i wish you all the luck, but i have to also say i think its very very hard to take someone elses project and get the same game, just like follow up movie or game made by other directors.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Hello everyone.

When you bring your first release here you should ask one of the mods on here to give you dev tags so you can handle your own thread, I would make a new thread for this once you get your first release ready then pm me and I will get an up-loader for you or you can make the thread yourself and then ask a mod to move it over to the game threads.

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018
saffe From what I've understood whilst talking to him is that he always wanted to continue with the project, but he has huge commitments with work. Apparently he's away from home at least three days a week. I'm not sure what happened with that teaser a while ago, but he has told me as of now that he's completely given up on it. I don't know if he even has an account here anymore, and obviously Patreon closed his page down.

He explained in quite a lot of detail the plan for Sophie and the vision he had, and I will do my utmost to make sure the feel of the first game continues through the rest of the project.
It's a shame that OG TastyGames had to drop this game, but understandably life does get in the way. For some reason I never unwatched this thread and I'm really glad that I didn't. So, firstly, welcome to F95Zone TastyGames (v2?...Remastered?...Reborn?) :), and I wish you the very best of luck with this project (y)

Reactions: TastyGames

TastyGames

Mar 4, 2020
Hey everyone, hope your all surviving! A quick update for today.

Been (enjoying...?) some downtime recently so have taken some time creating my new website .

I have also set up a page on subscribestar . This now replaces the blog that was provided previously. It's certainly in its early stages so forgive me for the lack of content on there.

There

TG.

Last edited:

TastyGames

Mar 4, 2020
Hello all!

Today I have been reworking the airport scene which you may have seen previews of in the past. I just felt that some of the textures used in the original scene were not up to scratch. The worldwide lockdown isn't going to stop Sophie from going on her vacation!

Cheers!

Airport.png

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes