Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Friday, January 7, 2022
Progress 07.01.2022
Man the time flies. This has been a bit rough week, and it isn't going to ease up. Right so, I'm on schedule when it comes to rendering the thing more or less anyway. There are a lot of images to do since it is action heavy day, plus the variants. I think one of the scenes has three variants alone. That's probably good 60 renders on it's own, maybe.

Anyway, I have few issues with day 37. It's mostly the lack of choices. There are some in there but they can be negated choices that were made ages ago, thus you may never see them. But at the same time, forcing a choice to a place where it doesn't belong, or matter, is just adding a choice for sake of a choice. So it is a bit of a conundrum.

On the Terminus side of things, writing things for it has been enjoyable overall, and it's going decently. I should be able to finish up most of the first day by Monday, so it looks like that I might be able to get decent enough buffer for it before I start rendering it.

370127.jpg

And Ragnar and Bruce (and Wayne, just missed him) are back! I need to adjust the tone mapping a bit on this series as it is bit dark over all but that's why image editing software exists. This is one of those scenes that has... not so great alternative scenes if you chose certain way. I hated making it but it needs to be there.

And yes, Bruce's feet is a bit floaty, but that's because his other feet is planted firmly on the ground, that particular walking pose was bit weird on him. And as usually I noticed it about 20 renders in and not sure did I save the scene. Ah well ;)

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Anny way to sort a search by date descending?
Yep

There's two way it can be set to search newest on top. After entering keyword click advanced... and it brings you to this screen
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and changing order by:

or going into account preferences and changing Search Options to Most Recent
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: haooni and Erik1986

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
much appreciated AceOfNiagara, i will see if i can set it in my account preferences, that way i wont forget and can use it on quick searches too.

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
During Day 36 Alexander went to Li's and gave her the green gem to summon him and said Farewell. And then Suddenly the next scene he's having sex with Li and Aina (Something I'd avoided in my playthrough). I think some wires got crossed somewhere!

Really enjoyed Dagna's scene with Sabina. Kinda hoping Alexander will have the choice to ask Ishani to be in her Rakasha form in the future (I was really impressed with it in the meeting in the Assembly, it was such a well done model.)

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Consequences of mc not forgiving Angel mary ??
Affects your future relationship with her. As far as I remember it is the only choice avaible with the angel, so forgiving her leads to a scene in last update. There can be other variables that I dont know

During Day 36 Alexander went to Li's and gave her the green gem to summon him and said Farewell. And then Suddenly the next scene he's having sex with Li and Aina (Something I'd avoided in my playthrough). I think some wires got crossed somewhere!
It can be avoided, I have 6 different save files and if this scene avaible in the save, it is avoidable

Reactions: Allan Trumbull

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Thank you for a very satisfying update!
Really enjoyed it.
I'm still unsure if I should have given the crystal to Tamara or not... But whatever
I really enjoyed the final scene. If you haven't done so you might want to read about eagles mating. That scene struck quite a cord.

Anyway... Absolutely love this VN! It's bittersweet to see it rumble to its conclusion. Still it's hard to wait for the finale.

Tremendous job!

I'll impatiently await your next update. Thank you for your commitment to the excellence that is embodied in your work.

Reactions: Talothral

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019

Ahoy-hoy. And thus it is Monday and there shall be a progress post.

Rendering, well totally shocking that it is still going on relatively smoothly. Code line wise I'm halfway there, about, but that isn't exactly accurate by any means at the moment, due to variations and lot of images that goes with them.

And that being said, I have some hardware maintenance to tomorrow or Wednesday so it slows stuff bit down, but it will be worth it in the end.

On Terminus side of things writing is going nicely, final touches on the first day and then onward to day two.

Oriana's turn to do stuff. And I just realized that I need a new variant of this scene, ah well. Well I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Ah well, it isn't like there is two variants of this scene already, so what is a third

Maou-sama Kei

Jun 30, 2017
Hello, currently playing this game for the first time. Really amazing game, loving the story, if you magically took out all the sex out of it (please don't) I'd probably still play it because it's that good and I personally can't say that about a lot of games that I played over a few years. Wish the creator the best of luck with this game, his life, health and hopefully a few more (or a lot more) games after this one. Cheers!

anonuser1999

Apr 24, 2021
Hello, currently playing this game for the first time. Really amazing game, loving the story, if you magically took out all the sex out of it (please don't) I'd probably still play it because it's that good and I personally can't say that about a lot of games that I played over a few years. Wish the creator the best of luck with this game, his life, health and hopefully a few more (or a lot more) games after this one. Cheers!
Make sure you get onto TRS (his other game) After this one concludes his next game with be the continuation of that!

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
Talothral Where did you get your methodology of re-incarnation (birth of new souls in particular) from?

I really like it, and wonder if it is mostly from your imagination or based on pre-existing lore/religion/philosophy.

TIA.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Talothral Where did you get your methodology of re-incarnation (birth of new souls in particular) from?

I really like it, and wonder if it is mostly from your imagination or based on pre-existing lore/religion/philosophy.

TIA.
Believe some of that is from Buddhism. Though I could be wrong, but from my old memory, it rings bells. I could be wrong though, but least from the rusty gears upstairs it sounds about right. With their belief in Reincarnation.

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
Believe some of that is from Buddhism. Though I could be wrong, but from my old memory, it rings bells. I could be wrong though, but least from the rusty gears upstairs it sounds about right. With their belief in Reincarnation.
I think Buddhism view on reincarnation is if you do good in previous life when you reincarnate you improve and have better next life and if you do bad you devolve and have a worse life. But my memories from Religious Education could be false.

Goes hand in hand with Good Karma and Bad Karma.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020

TIA.
The basis is from Hinduism (and Buddhism to a point, mostly the former), they have this karmic reincarnation, but in there you can be reborn as a human, animal, or something else entirely. And that got refined that humans are reborn as humans, (and animals are reborn as the same animal they were). Then scaled it to a galactic scale, everything dies eventually only to be reborn.

Then I got thinking about the karmic part, doing bad things and you get punished in the next life with a "bad starting" position, thus the person has increased chance to be offered choices that can lead down again to not so good path. In the end, it just becomes a self-feeding cycle that is getting harder and harder to break.

And this is where the "new soul" comes in, someone who doesn't have the burden of the previous life's karma on them, no fate. Now you have this random element that simply by meeting can create a possibility to alter one's fate, assuming they take it that is.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
The basis is from Hinduism (and Buddhism to a point, mostly the former), they have this karmic reincarnation, but in there you can be reborn as a human, animal, or something else entirely. And that got refined that humans are reborn as humans, (and animals are reborn as the same animal they were). Then scaled it to a galactic scale, everything dies eventually only to be reborn.

Then I got thinking about the karmic part, doing bad things and you get punished in the next life with a "bad starting" position, thus the person has increased chance to be offered choices that can lead down again to not so good path. In the end, it just becomes a self-feeding cycle that is getting harder and harder to break.

And this is where the "new soul" comes in, someone who doesn't have the burden of the previous life's karma on them, no fate. Now you have this random element that simply by meeting can create a possibility to alter one's fate, assuming they take it that is.
Ha, I knew my old wheels still turned and I noticed some of the Buddhism in there :p

4.40 star(s) 142 Votes