JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Wait a minute, are Orcs are really "invented" by Tolkien? =S Damn, I knew they were pure fantasy but I didnt know who thought them first
Yup. Not part of old history/mythos of old. Most things are Jotunns or Goblins or Ogres. Orc as you know them came from Tolkien. When it comes to Mythology/History there is Orco(Italian for Ogre). Beowulf had orcnēas, but that was generalization for monsters.

Reactions: n0cn1l and ename144

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Wait a minute, are Orcs are really "invented" by Tolkien? =S Damn, I knew they were pure fantasy but I didnt know who thought them first
I get a "the more you know" moment...

He didn't invent them, he got the name from West Saxxon, Old English poem called Beowulf.

They are also in 2 stories that came before Tolkien, he modernised them and gave them popularity.

Without Tolkien we wouldn't have Orcs as we know them now but without Tolkien we wouldn't have fantasy as we know it now.

GayLord Jesus

Oct 9, 2021
I had no idea that Veqvil still has patrons, finding out they have 176 though, even after stating the game is abandoned? Like even at $1 you'd think people would drop their pledge aswell, I suppose $1 is such a small amount that a lot of people either don't really care about it going to someone, and/or don't really care about a single dollar.
Okay... I hold both of you responsible for this popping into my head.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now this is called TROLLING. Wow. Thanks man.. You're awesome.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
I get a "the more you know" moment...

He didn't invent them, he got the name from West Saxxon, Old English poem called Beowulf.

They are also in 2 stories that came before Tolkien, he modernised them and gave them popularity.

Without Tolkien we wouldn't have Orcs as we know them now but without Tolkien we wouldn't have fantasy as we know it now.
He got orcnēas from it, which was a generalization for monsters. Orc as we know it today was his creation.

Basic Google Search, for those still not sure:

Orcs as we known them, were a creation from the man. They've evolved from that point, but he got his ideas of them from things like Demons and Goblins

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I've been searching for a peer for 30 years.......
Sorry to hear that. Wish you better luck in the future. :D I am in the same situation unfortunately

You guys need to check the FAQ in my comments, - It's likely a client whitelisting issue - I reccomend qbittorrent.
Thank you for the tip, that really solved my problem

Yup. Not part of old history/mythos of old. Most things are Jotunns or Goblins or Ogres. Orc as you know them came from Tolkien. When it comes to Mythology/History there is Orco(Italian for Ogre). Beowulf had orcnēas, but that was generalization for monsters.
I knew they arent part of mythology but I always thought popularization of the Orcs was a timely process with many different writers, not just Tolkiens glory

Tolkien we wouldn't have fantasy as we know it now.
That is an obvious fact I think. I heard the sentence "Without Tolkiens success ,any of the fiction branches wouldnt be at the pplace they are now" from many writers and critics

andreev82

Jul 16, 2017
** contains bugfix

Torrent: ( ) ❤

You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
- get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!
** contains bugfix

** contains bugfix

You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
- get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!
torrent dont work...no download speed

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
torrent dont work...no download speed

Also, I've seeding it with around 4 MB/s, so....
You guys need to check the FAQ in my comments, - It's likely a client whitelisting issue - I reccomend qbittorrent.
works now mit qbitorrent. thank you!
Thank you for the tip, that really solved my problem
Or search would help:devilish::p

4.40 star(s) 142 Votes