JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Just found this game and it's great. Choosing between the gorgons and the demon hunters was not easy and I still don't know which I consider my "main" pick. I hope there is more of this story after dealing with Malachi and all his plans because there are so many interesting stories that could be told in this setting. From Game of Thrones level court intrigues and fighting demon lords and other god like beings to save the world again, down to slice of life stories about dealing with family matters and just helping out our friends and allies around the city.

I saw some posts saying that most of what's left is epilog of the current story line, and then the dev is doing a sequel to the first game they made (which I will be playing soon now with how good this one was) but I sure hope there is a sequel for this one after that then.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Huge fan of Sorcerer, the world-building is fantastic. Very few other games have done so much with so little. Even games which seem to try harder have failed compared to S. The excellent world-building enhances the already above average story to new heights, making this game easily my number one game hands down. If the game has any flaw, that would be with dialogue and the characters seeming... rather bland (even when ignoring MC). Their emotions or personalities failing to manifest themselves for the reader. This doesn't completely ruin the game by any means, it's still fantastic. It's simply my one critic, and as an internet user I can't live with myself if I don't say one thing negative about something I love.

As for TR... Sadly I can't say that I look forward to it. Honestly would 100% rather see the dev jump straight into a second arc, like a direct sequel or something. While TR showed that the dev had the potential for creating a solid and unique world, it lacks compared to S. Plus, pretty sure more people are gonna be into the young Asian girl, or nerdy red-haired little person compared to a bald alien or random aristocrats which barely resemble a human... Sure S had the old woman, who was optional, the water hag, optional, the titan, optional and none really affected the story me-thinks. As for TR? I only played it once and it's been a long while. That said, pretty sure I spent more time with the bald chick and the aristocrats more than really any other humanoid, save maybe the hacker girl? But even then the hacker girl was primarily around bald chick... so.... meh.

I'm still gonna play it tho. In theory his skills will only continue to improve. Suppose I'll think of TR as a training exorcise until he hopefully returns to S again someday.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Huge fan of Sorcerer, the world-building is fantastic. Very few other games have done so much with so little. Even games which seem to try harder have failed compared to S. The excellent world-building enhances the already above average story to new heights, making this game easily my number one game hands down. If the game has any flaw, that would be with dialogue and the characters seeming... rather bland (even when ignoring MC). Their emotions or personalities failing to manifest themselves for the reader. This doesn't completely ruin the game by any means, it's still fantastic. It's simply my one critic, and as an internet user I can't live with myself if I don't say one thing negative about something I love.

As for TR... Sadly I can't say that I look forward to it. Honestly would 100% rather see the dev jump straight into a second arc, like a direct sequel or something. While TR showed that the dev had the potential for creating a solid and unique world, it lacks compared to S. Plus, pretty sure more people are gonna be into the young Asian girl, or nerdy red-haired little person compared to a bald alien or random aristocrats which barely resemble a human... Sure S had the old woman, who was optional, the water hag, optional, the titan, optional and none really affected the story me-thinks. As for TR? I only played it once and it's been a long while. That said, pretty sure I spent more time with the bald chick and the aristocrats more than really any other humanoid, save maybe the hacker girl? But even then the hacker girl was primarily around bald chick... so.... meh.

I'm still gonna play it tho. In theory his skills will only continue to improve. Suppose I'll think of TR as a training exorcise until he hopefully returns to S again someday.
Rather he go back & forth. It will help recharge his batteries better & there are many of us who really loved TR. We are very excited to see that continued.

Be happy he's not like a lot of the creators out there, who start something up, get update or 3, then forget about the game and start another, etc.... :)

Reactions: EJW and TundraLupus

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Rather he go back & forth. It will help recharge his batteries better & there are many of us who really loved TR. We are very excited to see that continued.

Be happy he's not like a lot of the creators out there, who start something up, get update or 3, then forget about the game and start another, etc.... :)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against TR2. I will absolutely play it at some point. Dunno how frequent I'll play it compared to playing S every time an update comes out. I will no doubt be low-key watching TR2. That said, not sure I can agree with alternating between the two.

Most devs who try haven't done a very good job so far. One game gets prioritized over another, angering fans on one side, sometimes even turning their own communities against one another. Although, Talo has so far had a great release schedule or 'work ethic' as I've heard people call it. Plus, he would have two successful games completed by the time he starts TR2. That said, there is a major problem...

His ambition. S seems more ambitious than TR was, if that pattern continues than TR2 will be more so than S. With the amount of world building he does, and the amount of characters S has, how much do you thing TR2 will have? Imagine balancing all those things at once? I fear that it would only hold both games back rather than making them better than they would be if he did them separately. I already claimed I thought the characters were bland, could you imagine how bland they'd be if he was working on both games, and possibly a dozen+ important characters in each game?

While I do think there are complications with choosing to do TR2 next, I can't say that I'm not biassed. That said, with the break, increasing ambition and improved skills, S2 may very well be better than all his previous games, including TR2 or S.

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against TR2. I will absolutely play it at some point. Dunno how frequent I'll play it compared to playing S every time an update comes out. I will no doubt be low-key watching TR2. That said, not sure I can agree with alternating between the two.

Most devs who try haven't done a very good job so far. One game gets prioritized over another, angering fans on one side, sometimes even turning their own communities against one another. Although, Talo has so far had a great release schedule or 'work ethic' as I've heard people call it. Plus, he would have two successful games completed by the time he starts TR2. That said, there is a major problem...

His ambition. S seems more ambitious than TR was, if that pattern continues than TR2 will be more so than S. With the amount of world building he does, and the amount of characters S has, how much do you thing TR2 will have? Imagine balancing all those things at once? I fear that it would only hold both games back rather than making them better than they would be if he did them separately. I already claimed I thought the characters were bland, could you imagine how bland they'd be if he was working on both games, and possibly a dozen+ important characters in each game?

While I do think there are complications with choosing to do TR2 next, I can't say that I'm not biassed. That said, with the break, increasing ambition and improved skills, S2 may very well be better than all his previous games, including TR2 or S.

I don't think we should worry so much about things that might happen.
Talothral did an excellent job on Terminus Reach: Sentinel, and in my opinion, he has outdone himself on Sorcerer.

Sorcerer is my favorite game of all time, and I'm sad to see it end. But still, I look forward to his new work and just hope Sorcerer comes back.
We can not change it, it comes what comes.

All we can do is wish Talothral good luck and joy in his work, so that we can continue to get many nice updates from whatever game!

stay well friends! :)

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
What complications?
That's a loaded question, pretty sure I just spent 15 minuets typing a novel that 5 people would see and only 1 would read. There are so too many details to lay out to get every point across.

I was also in the middle of a heavily abridged version when this person replied:

I don't think we should worry so much about things that might happen.
Talothral did an excellent job on Terminus Reach: Sentinel, and in my opinion, he has outdone himself on Sorcerer.

Sorcerer is my favorite game of all time, and I'm sad to see it end. But still, I look forward to his new work and just hope Sorcerer comes back.
We can not change it, it comes what comes.

All we can do is wish Talothral good luck and joy in his work, so that we can continue to get many nice updates from whatever game!

stay well friends! :)
And ya know what? fuck it. Good enough. There is no problem with people wanting TR2 in the least. Never claimed otherwise, and in fact have said the opposite multiple times. While my disappointment remains, I have no plans on stopping anyone from enjoying something. So, enjoy! I do hope things work out since I do hope to see more S some day after its completion.

Reactions: Brother Lui

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Terminus Reach if I am correct was his first game I don't know if he has done other small projects. As he has mentioned that the graphics were his first and not the best I personally do find them good if a value was in order about 60%. What is really great in TR is the story, a whole new world a really great game. I believe the sequel of TR would be amazing with all the knowledge Talothral has gathered from Sorcerer, which again the story is great not in another space but next to our door. Yes I would love to see/read 10 more books about each game all to create a very strong image of these worlds. He has a great talent telling the stories so I really don't care if it would be TR or Sorcerer. I just wish to be here and listen what he has in his mind and hopefully before I leave this world for the last walk :)

I wish him all the love and luck in his life :)

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Part of me is amused by this conversation, but I do understand that people have different preferences and want different things. No harm in that.

That being said, it's just writing in the end and it is nothing I haven't done before. And while Sorcerer is bigger than TRS, it isn't even the biggest writing I've done or the most complex one for that matter. That title goes to the "precursor" of Shattered Seals, or Sorcerer if you will, it's a 4500-page behemoth and 50 times more complex than TRS and Sorcerer put together. But over the years I've learned a few tricks, one of them is that you only use as many characters as the story you are telling needs, you don't add characters for the sake of adding them. Of course, there are side characters (and events) that are there to fill the void, that never can be avoided

And of course, there is the risk that I will fail with the next story. But that risk would be there regardless of what I would do, even with the continuation of Sorcerer right away. There will be changes with TRS2, except for one thing: Chiel being optional partially because Garrett and Chiel are tied together too deeply. Okay two things, Chiel will not grow hair. But overall, more humans that Garrett interacts with do have hair, partially because I actually HAVE hair assets now, maybe some aliens as well if the hairs fit and don't become a mess because of the more exotic head shape.

And in the end, the only thing I can do is weave the story and hope that people will like it.

Last edited:

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Part of me is amused by this conversation, but I do understand that people have different preferences and want different things. No harm in that.

That being said, it's just writing in the end and it is nothing I haven't done before. And while Sorcerer is bigger than TRS, it isn't even the biggest writing I've done or the most complex one for that matter. That title goes to the "precursor" of Shattered Seals, or Sorcerer if you will, it's a 4500-page behemoth and 50 times more complex than TRS and Sorcerer put together. But over the years I've learned a few tricks, one of them is that you only use as many characters as the story you are telling needs, you don't add characters for the sake of adding them. Of course, there are side characters (and events) that are there to fill the void, that never can be avoided

And of course, there is the risk that I will fail with the next story. But that risk would be there regardless of what I would do, even with the continuation of Sorcerer right away. There will be changes with TRS2, except for one thing: Chiel being optional partially because Garrett and Chiel are tied together too deeply. Okay two things, Chiel will not grow hair. But overall, more humans that Garrett interacts with do have hair, partially because I actually HAVE hair assets now, maybe some aliens as well if the hairs fit and don't become a mess because of the more exotic head shape.

And in the end, the only thing I can do is weave the story and hope that people will like it.
Gotta chuckle - only a Scotsman (me) would imagine that you could save money and effort by making the characters bald - no outlay for hair effects. Sheesh my mind plays silly tricks on me. Maybe smaller fonts, no capital letters hmmmmm..

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Friday, February 25, 2022
Progress 25.02.2022

And this will be the last progress post about this update, even if I would have to stay awake the next 48 hours. I have about 10 renders to finish and some coding tasks related to those renders. Proofreading is done, 99% of the things related to it is done just those final renders that takes time. Daz being slow doesn't help much, or needing to dforce stuff.
So what is exactly the hold up with the renders? Well those of you who are on discord have seen the renders, they involve posing multiple characters, so posing them and making sure things aren't clipping takes time. And I still botched up one render, but would have had to fix it anyway. So, at the moment each one of those renders takes about an hour to setup.
I admit, it probably doesn't help much that I'm running two instances of Daz at the same time and taking turns on rendering stuff.
TRS2's writing is unfortunately been slow, just too much to do to get the the epilogue out. But regardless of that I do have four completed day, and it just means less slacking when it comes to writing. Granted, I started Sorcerer with 4 days buffer as well and at best I had 7 days buffer so when the mood hits... and I've never been worried about the writing as is.
Then just some fun with numbers.
  • There are 57 768 lines of code in Sorcerer at the end of epilogue (give or take 100 with some stuff I didn't count).
  • There are 13 901 renders (+/- 50, and not counting auxiliary images I've used) in the VN at the end of epilogue.
  • There are 189 characters with at least one line of dialogue, although there are more characters appearing than that. (It's bit give or take a few as always)
And then we come back to those renders. They are what I call, "Views of the Future", some of them are 9ish months after the last update (or 3 months after the epilogue) some are 5 years, and some are 10 years.

So yeah... It's worth doing them.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Chiel being optional partially because Garrett and Chiel are tied together too deeply
2 things.

1. Give me ALL the Chiel, she's awesome.

2. I don't understand how she could be optional at all. Don't get me wrong, I know people have their kinks but their relationships was front and centre of everything, he waited a decade for her to revive at the start just to be with her again.

Garret without Chiel is like Clyde without Bonnie, Cagney without Lacey, Robson without Jerome .... it's not natural and wrong on all levels.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
2 things.

1. Give me ALL the Chiel, she's awesome.

2. I don't understand how she could be optional at all. Don't get me wrong, I know people have their kinks but their relationships was front and centre of everything, he waited a decade for her to revive at the start just to be with her again.

Garret without Chiel is like Clyde without Bonnie, Cagney without Lacey, Robson without Jerome .... it's not natural and wrong on all levels.
As you said, people like what they like. To me, she is never optional as far as Garrett goes, thus I've been saying it loud and clear every time I mention that there are some changes with TRS2 so there won't be any misunderstandings about the thing. The only thing that is changing with Chiel is the modernization of her skin texture, and it's close as possible to her original skin so I don't have to edit her images every single time she is nude... and we are talking about Chiel here so that's often.

And more Chiel? Sure... made this while back.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Earply

Dec 31, 2020
At first i have to say that your stories are [inho] the best. You focus on the story, drive it forward with action instead of [awful] narrator voices. That give your stories a 'kind of movie' feelings. I'm kinda sad that Sorcerer ends, i think there is so much more to to imagine / tell. For me, the characters in Sorcerer are more deep than in TR:S. When i compare Susan to Chiel, sorry, but 'he is mine' is nothing against the struggle of a maimed badass which overcomes her doubts to evolve into a lovable companion, shouting from the rooftop "F*** This S***'. But as i said that's my opinion and you do you. For sure i'm looking forward to the next Terminus Reach and wish you and also us [your fans] lots of exciting stories and actions. Best of luck for you and your future projects.

Earply

Dec 31, 2020
I don't talk about the background story, i talk about the evolution and depth of the character. Sorcerer is the 2nd story, so it's [again imho] natural that the characters become more deep. i'm waiting for the next part of Terminus Reach to see where it goes.

• Angry
Reactions: JJDrakken

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't talk about the background story,
The game literally starts with Chiel reviving after being dead for a decade..... The whole game is her rebuilding her life while trying to help Garret.

What you mean is you want to cherry pick your argument to try and make your opinion look favourable whilst ignoring THE ENTIRE STORY.....

4.40 star(s) 140 Votes