HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
And for the fourth setting and fifth... sixth might be brewing there in the background... It's just a matter of time and keeping the options open. Today's sci-fi, tomorrow's fantasy, the day after tomorrow's urban fantasy... and then what? Post-apocalyptic cyberpunk with magic and mechs? Who knows? We have to see when the time comes.
Well, i'm more than eager to see what you can produce, since i like your stories here. Though i do hope i will get to see my favourite secretary and the gorgons in action sooner rather than later :D

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Well, i'm more than eager to see what you can produce, since i like your stories here.
I did kind of say the schedule for things in that post and in "behind the scenes"-post in last August >.>

Though i do hope i will get to see my favourite secretary and the gorgons in action sooner rather than later :D
And why not both?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

dawlben

Jan 11, 2021
And for the fourth setting and fifth... sixth might be brewing there in the background... It's just a matter of time and keeping the options open. Today's sci-fi, tomorrow's fantasy, the day after tomorrow's urban fantasy... and then what? Post-apocalyptic cyberpunk with magic and mechs? Who knows? We have to see when the time comes.
Are you going to do a Shadowrun based one now? (First played that on SNES)
:oops:

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Are you going to do a Shadowrun based one now? (First played that on SNES)
:oops:
In four to five years, give or take, from now? Who knows what I'm in the mood to do then. There are always ideas going on in the head. Some are feasible, some not so much. The only certain thing is what the next two are at the moment.

Reactions: dawlben

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
In four to five years, give or take, from now? Who knows what I'm in the mood to do then. There are always ideas going on in the head. Some are feasible, some not so much. The only certain thing is what the next two are at the moment.
Have you mentioned what the next two might be? I think one of them is that fully fantasy one you have been showing your renders with?

Reactions: dawlben

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Have you mentioned what the next two might be? I think one of them is that fully fantasy one you have been showing your renders with?
Yeah, the next one is "pure fantasy," and after that, as said in the earlier post, urban fantasy, and I only have one urban fantasy setting that I'm working with... The fantasy one doesn't have a name yet, though, so can't really refer to it in that clear manner.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
"Pure Fantasy" is a weird expression isn't it? If we add to that the AVN part, it is even weirder :D.

I am all for it. Tolkien fan, Conan fan, to only name a few. (Not much a fan of Martin, but his fantasy chops are undeniable).

If you can be bothered Talothral, can you say more of what genre of Fantasy you are planning? High Fantasy? Dragon? Post-Apocalyptic? Sorry if it's asking too much.

Fantasy is one of my literary passions, right after Science Fiction. I've seen the quality of your stories in both genres and I am quite excited to see what else you come up with.

Peace :)

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
"Pure Fantasy" is a weird expression isn't it? If we add to that the AVN part, it is even weirder :D.

I am all for it. Tolkien fan, Conan fan, to only name a few. (Not much a fan of Martin, but his fantasy chops are undeniable).

If you can be bothered Talothral, can you say more of what genre of Fantasy you are planning? High Fantasy? Dragon? Post-Apocalyptic? Sorry if it's asking too much.

Fantasy is one of my literary passions, right after Science Fiction. I've seen the quality of your stories in both genres and I am quite excited to see what else you come up with.

I mostly use "pure fantasy" as a distinction between Shattered Seals (Urban Fantasy (Sorcerer)) and the unnamed one.

And as for the genre... it started as high fantasy of sorts, then it just got weird at some point. Not sure how much you've been following on Patreon or on the blog if you fancy that (or what Canto puts up here; not sure is everything here, though), but the world isn't, let's say, technologically unified.

There are parts of the world that are ruled by the undead, parts that are what you could call post-apocalyptic wasteland. Then there are people who are in the stone age (simply because there is no need or resources at that location to go higher). There is an image of a couple of amazons with stone/bone weaponry and a T-Rex there, and then there are more "civilized" portions. And add other fantasy races there to the mix and some stuff I've cooked in my head because I've liked the models I've found (the gladelings), or I made something that I like, and I can't use it in Terminus Reach or in Shattered Seals. Granted, not everything will end up in the game as is, as a lot of what I've been showing is concept material and testing what works and what does not.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Not sure if you are familiar with all of the works of Robert E. Howard (Conan's Author), he tended to mix things up like that, creating environments for many different types of stories. Conan's books are a true smorgasbord of places, races, gods, cultures, etc. But, besides Conan he wrote other stuff, all of that follows similar paths.

Just the idea of having such a multi-faceted world to play with it's making my mouth water. I did play an ungodly amount of hours of WoW, Conan Exiles, Skyrim (still playing), Neverwinter Nights and so many more. So, I am quite excited and interested.
Thanks for lifting the veil. What a treat this will be.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Talothral

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
There are parts of the world that are ruled by the undead, parts that are what you could call post-apocalyptic wasteland. Then there are people who are in the stone age (simply because there is no need or resources at that location to go higher). There is an image of a couple of amazons with stone/bone weaponry and a T-Rex there, and then there are more "civilized" portions. And add other fantasy races there to the mix and some stuff I've cooked in my head because I've liked the models I've found (the gladelings), or I made something that I like, and I can't use it in Terminus Reach or in Shattered Seals. Granted, not everything will end up in the game as is, as a lot of what I've been showing is concept material and testing what works and what does not.
About that post-apocalyptic wasteland, will it be closer to scifi post-apocalyptic wasteland or fantasy version, as in uncontrolled magic has ravaged it due to unchecked progress and ambition, like in many Japanese fantasy novels and manga, or perhaps similar to post-apocalyptic wasteland in D&D setting Dark Sun, where magic is fueled by lifeforce of either people or nature and use of that magic has turned it into hazardous wasteland? If it isn't too much of a spoiler of course :D

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
About that post-apocalyptic wasteland, will it be closer to scifi post-apocalyptic wasteland or fantasy version, as in uncontrolled magic has ravaged it due to unchecked progress and ambition, like in many Japanese fantasy novels and manga, or perhaps similar to post-apocalyptic wasteland in D&D setting Dark Sun, where magic is fueled by lifeforce of either people or nature and use of that magic has turned it into hazardous wasteland? If it isn't too much of a spoiler of course :D
I grew up with Warhammer, Conan, Pratchett, Lovecraft, Shadowrun, and a few others in a similar vein. My favorite DnD settings are Planescape and Dark Sun. And Warhammer will always have a special place in my heart despite them butchering the lore of it in the later editions, in certain aspects, that is.

So, too much of a spoiler? When talking about "post-apocalyptic" wasteland in fantasy, well... I personally prefer two variants. One is a place where you are afraid to enter because you don't know if you will leave the place in the same shape you entered in or without extra passengers in your head. If you return at all.

The other one is a bit like Dark Sun, where someone handed out copies of the Necronomicon like they were candies, then cranked up the necromantic and blood magic to 11. And then invited Chthulhu and co for dinner.

However, I'll put a small caveat here, whether such places will be shown isn't certain until I can build the set. That's the only limitation existing. The same goes for a few other ideas that I haven't exposed yet to the public.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1674884128481.png
And then there is this... so many things wrong with this image. Lightning is too bright for the "period." The spell circle on the floor isn't the greatest, I have better, but I suppose it requires the fog effect to look good. But in the end, was it worth making the render? Yeah. I know what to do to fix them. Granted, messing around with the lightning will take a long time. Although, part of the problem might be the set itself. Need to try it with some other set. And yeah, probably need to do this kind of scenes outside environment. Something to think about.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1675259411058.png
The fantasy render on Friday irritated me to no end because I know I can do better. So I did. I changed the environment and then just improved the bits that irritated me. And yes, it's Alexander. I'm not that far into it that I have all secondary characters made.

1675259429932.png

This is titled "graduation day." I probably won't show the student era of the MC that much in the VN, but it will be referenced at a few points, at least according to the story notes I've written down so far. Although now that I see it, I need to change the material for the wood in the arena. It looks a bit... plastic.

The worlds I do aren't necessarily the safest places to live. Danger lurks behind every corner. So "graduating" from certain training involves live combat trials, whether against monsters or fellow students. But why are they focusing on the MC? Perhaps too many dad jokes...

• Red Heart
Reactions: D Dog

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
Ok, so I finally took a look at the character guide on the main menu and found someone named Ishani that I don't remember ever seeing. I am curious if I missed a path or something, so if anyone can tell me what is needed to meet her in-game I would appreciate it.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Ok, so I finally took a look at the character guide on the main menu and found someone named Ishani that I don't remember ever seeing. I am curious if I missed a path or something, so if anyone can tell me what is needed to meet her in-game I would appreciate it.
Day 20, chose Lady Singh instead of Lord Mateus.

4.40 star(s) 143 Votes