Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
Dev has stated multiple time that he will return to world of Sorcerer at some point, but in order to prevent from burning out in one setting, he is going to do 3+ settings in rotation. So current one is continuation of TRS and it's almost finished, next one will be more traditional fantasy one, and then he will possibly return to world of Sorcerer.
Thank ye for confirming my magnificent logic and impressive intuition. Damn I love myself.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Developer is working on different game currently, so, it is highly unlikely. I would prefer Sorcerer 2 instead of other game though but switching is also highly unlikely, that game has enough supporters somehow.
i would say Sorcerer 2 would work if it was new MC, completely disconnected from the first game, otherwise it would be absolute nightmare managing hundreds of (semi-optional) MC's kids, TRS1 was much more timid in that regard

Reactions: Alphaeboy

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
i would say Sorcerer 2 would work if it was new MC, completely disconnected from the first game, otherwise it would be absolute nightmare managing hundreds of (semi-optional) MC's kids, TRS1 was much more timid in that regard
Not really, no. Why? The children don't need to be shown constantly. In TRS2, you know Cade, Samuel, Angie and the Mevaar Triplets are there. You see them randomly (mostly Cade), but you know they are there because there are those random mentions of them.

Canonically, everyone who was fertile in Sorcerer got knocked up. You can keep the kids out of sight and out of harm's way fairly easily. Ship them off to see Kaede. Sleepovers with other kids whose mother isn't needed for the scene. School during day time. Or just in a sanctuary of some sort, 99% of the kids don't really care for adult supervision if they have interesting things to do and other people to play with. If aligned with Gorgons, there are probably 20 or so volunteer nannies. Or you just hire one or twenty. He can afford it. It isn't the first time rich people's kids see their parents in passing and during holidays. Not really in the case of Alexander but point.

And considering that, most likely, the story involves someone trying to destroy the MC and the fledgeling house, the kids wouldn't even be there for 99.9% of the time because of the "unwritten" rules involving them (i.e. you don't harm kids unless it is based on a real story where kids got harmed). And beyond that, it's just writing and variables.

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
Not really, no. Why? The children don't need to be shown constantly. In TRS2, you know Cade, Samuel, Angie and the Mevaar Triplets are there. You see them randomly (mostly Cade), but you know they are there because there are those random mentions of them.

Canonically, everyone who was fertile in Sorcerer got knocked up. You can keep the kids out of sight and out of harm's way fairly easily. Ship them off to see Kaede. Sleepovers with other kids whose mother isn't needed for the scene. School during day time. Or just in a sanctuary of some sort, 99% of the kids don't really care for adult supervision if they have interesting things to do and other people to play with. If aligned with Gorgons, there are probably 20 or so volunteer nannies. Or you just hire one or twenty. He can afford it. It isn't the first time rich people's kids see their parents in passing and during holidays. Not really in the case of Alexander but point.

And considering that, most likely, the story involves someone trying to destroy the MC and the fledgeling house, the kids wouldn't even be there for 99.9% of the time because of the "unwritten" rules involving them (i.e. you don't harm kids unless it is based on a real story where kids got harmed). And beyond that, it's just writing and variables.
Don't separate MC and his children too much; they (and players as well) need some level of connection and %99.9 is waaaay too distant IMHO. I read everything you wrote about him and he is not someone like that, don't betray your own creation please.

I think you need some time away from TRS universe, so, don't try to create ideas about Sorcerer 2 while developing TRS please... for all of our sake.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020

lore and story aside - i just think it's too much extra technical work, unless kept to absolute minimum (rare mention here and there, maybe scene or two for a whole game) - amount of work could ramp up really quickly, on top of it - those kids also come with mommies, families and friends, it's A LOT of preexisting characters who will need to be mixed with no less amount of new ones to keep things fresh... to be honest i'm already struggling to keep up with all TRS2 characters even though TRS1 didn't had too many of them, but in case of Sorcerer it can quickly become overwhelming, you need if not fresh start, but severe culling to keep things sane for a player
but eh, it's just my opinion, you already showed yourself as talented dev and writer, so i'm sure you have everything planned and under control

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's a matter of perspective. 99.9% is basically realistic since it depends on the story that is being told. And if the main characters aren't home, there is 0 need for the kids to be there outside of written lines. If they are home? They don't need to be front and centre, either. They can have similar background appearances as all those random things in the background, being there. But not being focused as is. They didn't take much as is to make. Most of the time, there isn't much need for that much movement depending on what they do either.

As for TRS2, I only render it at this stage, and it has been written and completed text-wise. Been for a month or so. And my brain never rests...

The funny thing is there isn't that much difference between the amounts of characters between TRS and Sorcerer. If I counted it correctly ages ago, I think TRS2 has maybe four more "meaningful" characters over Sorcerer. But I get what you mean, and it always depends on the story being told. Sorcerer 2 doesn't need as large an expansion to the "romantic" cast as TRS2 did since the core is there already. Outside of those affairs? Think of a politician; they encounter hundreds of people during their work, and there can be easily twenty people they need to meet daily basis. Leading a house isn't much different. So what is needed is needed.

But when you look at it from the outside, it looks like a colossal amount of work. It isn't, and it always depends on the story being told and what kind of scene is being done. If it is a scene during the daytime, it usually is at work (potentially) or somewhere else away from home where the kids aren't "allowed"; they aren't going to take them to the association or meet Bruce. Is it morning at home? Some of them can be eating breakfast in the kitchen. Or playing outside, or being on the computer/console. Or just sleeping on the couch or something in the evening. At the moment, I can comfortably render 16 or so characters in the same scene if I want or need to, and rarely all the cast needs to be on the same scene at the same time.

Simplest example. Alexander visits Maera, the kids come to greet him, some stuff with them, and then they are ushered out of the room because there are things that need to be discussed. The kids will be annoyed, but they will obey. Or Alexander goes to visit, let's say Susan, and he brings the kid he had with Miyuki with him. After greeting, the kids go play together because it's more fun than hanging around adults who talk about boring stuff. And if, for some reason, Susan didn't have a kid with the MC? You can start the scene from the bit where the kids aren't in the room. Or have a movie night/evening at the end of the day, Miyuki, Oriana, Alexander and their kids in front of the TV. Done. Time skip and have a sex scene with either Miyuki or Oriana (or both, not that neither of them were bi). If there aren't kids for some reason, you can skip the TV scene. All of those are "small touches" and can happen randomly, and frequency is unknown until I make them. It doesn't need to be a huge couple hundred renders scene. Small touches. Important things, but not the focus.

And realistically, Sorcerer wasn't exactly built to have a sequel in mind as is. It doesn't need to. And outside of a handful of characters, the kid is a kid. At a distance, it doesn't matter if they are in the background who they are. Especially when we are talking about Daz stuff, they all look the same no matter what you do outside of skin tone.

As I said, my brain never rests...

anonuser1999

Apr 24, 2021
Oi partners;

While playing this game, some weird shit happened.

None of this happened this time, did I just dream all this escape and pilot thing? What did I do wrong and any idea to fix it?

Developer is working on different game currently, so, it is highly unlikely. I would prefer Sorcerer 2 instead of other game though but switching is also highly unlikely, that game has enough supporters somehow.
TRS 2 is almost finished (2-3 updates to go) but there is another game that he has already started writing... so maybe after that... who knows :p But what i can say is that all his games are engaging and well written!

Benign Sin

Jan 12, 2023
I really really enjoy this game, but as i'm sure many have noted, the sex scenes are some of the worst I've run into. I love the character models, but the whole game feels smaller than it should. The lighting and camera work are making an impressive, well designed and visually beautiful world look like a sitcom or a stage play. This game would be tippy top gear with some improved visual direction. I'd love to see it remastered some day because the plot and setting are so much fun.

Reactions: Coaxmetal

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1692711334770.png
At this stage, I'm testing what characters I can use and how. And can I make certain characters. The goat men need fur badly to look even close to what I want. Have to see what I can do about that. And I need to get some effects to that staff somehow... Ah, well, have to try stuff.

1692711369697.png

This is more of a character concept render and relevant to the next one if you make the right choice. You can block a portion of the game in the second "update." Fun times ahead. I apologize for the image being a bit fuzzy, some render setting does it, and I haven't found out which. Or there might be some sneaky "fog" plane there. But the characters and props are more important than the location, which I can always kitbash from other sets.

1692711391296.png

This is technically an actual scene image. However, I did this one to test which version is viable to do, and as much as I like Kitsune's as is those tails are resource heavy. So will it be this or the other one I haven't shown you? Well, you have to wait and see. And obviously, there will be a few other changes to it, so it isn't completely spoiling things ;)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1693756056328.png
Dev: I've been embracing my inner pyromaniac recently. With all the volcanoes and things. Thus, some more fire! Recently, I've struggled with creating characters. Well, that isn't entirely true, but it is because I'm not there yet for those characters. Once I reach the spot? Some of my more liked characters were created about 5 minutes before they appeared.

1693756108556.png
Just a portrait-style fantasy render this time. And some of you have seen the one with the parasol before. She just had different hair back then. Although, she started as a completely random character meant for something else (the original name was Dragon Lady because she had a dragon tattoo on her back). She was transformed into something else, and from that into this. And during that transformation process, she might have found her role... Will she appear? I don't know yet, as there is a lot to write, but it would make sense that she would appear.
1693756475662.png
And then the lone fantasy render. I'm not happy with the trees in this one, and the ground needs more cover. Either that or all the vegetation needs to be gone. But otherwise? The lighting is spot on. But this is why I try things out, and at times, like the volcano render above work awesomely, and at times, the results are meh.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1693850988210.png

Bouncing ideas, figuratively speaking. I'm at a stage with my assets that I can do a lot of different things, character-wise. Hardware-wise, I'm at the point where I can ignore most hardware restrictions. To a point. There are certain limits that I still don't want to go over. Case in point, thanks to the 9 tails that have dForce fur, this takes 54 GB of RAM to render. That isn't much, but it does limit how I can use a character. And yes, you'll get to see the characters, somehow. And then some, just the first part of the next one, is dominated more by humans, but it will change as things progress... And now, relaxing cup of tea.

P.S. And yes, the other one has horns that are difficult to see in that small picture, which is why larger one is attached.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Meet the cast of the next adventure game set in the magics of some gatherings realm ...
1695923204407.png
Her? Not sure, she has short appearance on the first day. Beyond that? No idea.
Outside of the first update/day/something there isn't anything written for her specifically.
Maybe later. I don't honestly know, not that far in.

1695923316597.png
I needed to test something for the update 5, I was unsure could I make it, so I made test render. This... isn't exactly it, Tomas and Nisha are in the scene, Malgrin... not so much. But that would be a spoiler if I would show the real scene thus. You get altered version. Outside of the torch flame, which I need to figure, it's okay but its core is a bit too bright.

As for writing. About halfway through update 5 for the next one, got a bit stalled earlier this week due needing to build things cause someone forgot to save things earlier, apparently... That and had to make a custom HDRI which took couple of hours. But even though I'm not exactly where I want to be, I'm happy with it.

1695923456732.png
Still, lack of male clothing is irritating. But meh, I'll deal with it. Oh, and part of the reason for this render is that I needed up update one character in it before I start rendering.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Dev be already writing update 6 of the next game:
These are related to the next one. While the renders most likely won't appear as is, as some of them are concepts and test renders, and some of them are backstories that I might not be able to expose/open as much as I would like within the actual script. And some of the things could be beneficial for you guys to see/know, so there are a series of "mini" stories told via renders. The first one gave the background story of the MC's friend (the dwarf), why he was exiled, and how they met for the first time. The exile part most likely comes up at some point, as there are plans for things, but plans can change depending on what route the story takes in the end.

And why I'm doing them? Simple. I do need to test the assets before I start planning on the scenes so there aren't many nasty surprises at the last moment. And patrons like to see them. At least no one has said they don't want to see them.
Those are from his next project, after TRS2,
it has nothing to do with Sorcerer. Similar in that it's a fantasy game with magic and demons and such, but different characters in different settings with a different story.
next one will be more traditional fantasy one, and then he will possibly return to world of Sorcerer.
but what does this have to do with Sorcerer?
These thoughts and renders are part of the first part of the next game,
that is supposed to be dominated more by humans, but it will change as things progress.
- a more traditional fantasy story, with a much earlier sorcerer MC,
where we get to witness his development quite closely ... so here we got the fantasy renders that are cooking right now for the next game in the fantasy genre from dev:

Writing things for the next one has been interesting. Writing one scene and then making the characters has sparked interesting thoughts. It might be beneficial to make a "negative" choice over the positive once in a while. While going for the "maximum points" with someone will show a scene, doing the... I'm not going to say wrong choice here, but a different choice instead maximizing the points might do interesting things...

1695929984189.png
” Just a portrait-style fantasy render this time. And some of you have seen the one with the parasol before. She just had different hair back then. Although, she started as a completely random character meant for something else (the original name was Dragon Lady because she had a dragon tattoo on her back). She was transformed into something else, and from that into this. And during that transformation process, she might have found her role... Will she appear? I don't know yet, as there is a lot to write, but it would make sense that she would appear. ”

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: John Ness

AmanRocky

Feb 21, 2019
Does anyone have the compressed MEGA link to download? Really want to play this game, but I can't download using MIXDROP or WORKUPLOAD. Gives me 19 KB/second.
Would really appreciate if somebody has the MEGA link for compressed version. Thanks in advance

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Does anyone have the compressed MEGA link to download? Really want to play this game, but I can't download using MIXDROP or WORKUPLOAD. Gives me 19 KB/second.
Would really appreciate if somebody has the MEGA link for compressed version. Thanks in advance
Check the devs blog, there might be links there.

anonuser1999

Apr 24, 2021

Reactions: RixtheSpartan
4.40 star(s) 141 Votes