RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
My Saves from .15 worked OK. I installed the new version, created a 'saves' folder in the 'game' directory - and copied my old saves in there and it worked.
(that is what I always do with game updates with RenPy)

i will do the same in the future. now i have played through again! :)

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
A Common Crab

There is an update only on the Patreon page, probably didn't end up here because I wasn't the one who updated the OP.

RolandG. & Ge0rgy
As for the saves, is it the rollback error? That's ren'py throwing a hissy fit over fixing something (bug fix, dialogue fix, etc). Auto-saves before (or any of the earlier saves) the save that gives the error should allow continuation. If it isn't the rollback issue then I need the error-log.

I do multiple runs on from various saves (some dating from version 0.9) to the end of the update and unfortunately (or luckily depends on the point of view) I've been able to continue without errors so far. But, it is possible that you have a bugged save from one of the earlier versions before a bugfix was applied that manifested now. I apologize for the inconvenience.

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
A Common Crab

There is an update only on the Patreon page, probably didn't end up here because I wasn't the one who updated the OP.

RolandG. & Ge0rgy
As for the saves, is it the rollback error? That's ren'py throwing a hissy fit over fixing something (bug fix, dialogue fix, etc). Auto-saves before (or any of the earlier saves) the save that gives the error should allow continuation. If it isn't the rollback issue then I need the error-log.

I do multiple runs on from various saves (some dating from version 0.9) to the end of the update and unfortunately (or luckily depends on the point of view) I've been able to continue without errors so far. But, it is possible that you have a bugged save from one of the earlier versions before a bugfix was applied that manifested now. I apologize for the inconvenience.

All is well, I have played through it again! :)

I think it was because of a mod. Your game is great, keep it up!

Reactions: Talothral

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Old saves not working. Says "Exception: Couldnt find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changes in an incompatible way?"

Like this the past couple updates lately, idk why. No mods installed. Very annoying to make a new game each update and power though, I dont even remember my original choices.

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
Unofficial Android Port for Sorcerer 0.16

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Textsize, opacity slider added
Rename MC from menu added

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

doodab

Apr 18, 2017
Got the "rolling back" error trying to load a save that was made while using the walkthrough mod. Going back to older saves that were made without the mod worked fine.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I'm a bit confused, the game start screen and end screen say it's version 0.15.0 but it's version o.16.0?
Does version 0.16 end with the dragon spirit putting Alexander to sleep?

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I'm a bit confused, the game start screen and end screen say it's version 0.15.0 but it's version o.16.0?
Does version 0.16 end with the dragon spirit putting Alexander to sleep?
That isn't the end of 0.16, it seems that your game hasn't been properly updated. Please download: and extract it to the game folder and let it overwrite the files it wants.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Old saves not working. Says "Exception: Couldnt find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changes in an incompatible way?"

Like this the past couple updates lately, idk why. No mods installed. Very annoying to make a new game each update and power though, I dont even remember my original choices.
If the error is exactly this:
Code:
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?
Then the only solution is for me to stop making any kind of fixes, if it is something else I need the traceback log/error to see what else could be a problem. Unfortunately, that exact error is purely on how Ren'py handles changes (be it bug fixes, grammatical fixes). And at times it doesn't know what to do and throws that error. I've been looking into this, and how to prevent (and fix) it reliably but so far I haven't found a solution for it, outside stop fixing things, but that leads to other kinds of issues.

But that being said. Question is, when did you do a clean install of the game? For the few people that have had the error in the past that worked before restarting, if loading earlier saves (or auto-saves) didn't work. For some, downloading the update only files have fixed things:

Reactions: dont_ask

woody

Jan 31, 2017
got the same error but i managed to go back to a save where mc is sitting with the on the couch with the little dragon

4.40 star(s) 142 Votes