Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
got the same error but i managed to go back to a save where mc is sitting with the on the couch with the little dragon
It's kind of strange, I have 80+ people that have had access before today, and no one has mentioned having issues with saves. And that brings a couple of interesting questions.
1) At what point the broken save was made?
2) Full download or update only?

And the more rhetorical question, why it isn't happening on my saves, which couple are intentionally bugged.

It is especially mystifying as there haven't been any real changes that could break things between 0.15 and 0.16 either, as last was with 0.13 where I messed up setting with few variables correctly but even then that wasn't anything major that would break things. Unless ren'py gets upset for fixing the mangled English I tend to use.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is a bit easier to answer.

Reactions: TheFurs and vultron

vultron

May 19, 2018
It's kind of strange, I have 80+ people that have had access before today, and no one has mentioned having issues with saves. And that brings a couple of interesting questions.

And the more rhetorical question, why it isn't happening on my saves, which couple are intentionally bugged.

It is especially mystifying as there haven't been any real changes that could break things between 0.15 and 0.16 either, as last was with 0.13 where I messed up setting with few variables correctly but even then that wasn't anything major that would break things. Unless ren'py gets upset for fixing the mangled English I tend to use.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
I think this option created save file loading problem. I don't think this option was available in last version. Is it true ?? Talothral

BDI

May 23, 2017

My problem with the saves being messed up was traced back to last month when I discovered a mod on your first page that I installed. I only saved two times then and those were the ones that were bad. The ones before that work fine.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I think this option created save file loading problem. I don't think this option was available in last version. Is it true ?? Talothral
That option has been there all along.

My problem with the saves being messed up was traced back to last month when I discovered a mod on your first page that I installed. I only saved two times then and those were the ones that were bad. The ones before that work fine.
Do you mean the walkthrough mod? Now that is a different matter. I don't know what it changes, as for obvious reasons I don't have a need for a walkthrough mod. And while I talk to Shaddy, and work with him by providing the script file, etc. It's still a 3rd party product.

And I'd imagine that by adding the replay feature the mod changes things enough that there can be issues between non-modded and modded versions. And in the end, we both are human, and things can, and will, slip by due to various reasons. He makes the mod, I notice a bug and fix it but forget to tell him that I fixed something, and the mod doesn't get updated until he notices it when he updates the mod next time but the damage is already done by then, or simply due the time difference between us even if I tell him that there is a fixed bug can cause issues as there might be hours before the mod gets updated.

But even then, using a mod is at your own risk.
Talothral
is there any or going to be pregnancy in the game?(mc can impregnate anyone?)
if there is or will be, is it gonna be optional?
Will there be? Yes. Is it optional? Depends on the character and choices you have made. With Miyuki, if you sleep with her it isn't optional for obvious reasons. Susan depends are you in a relationship or friends with benefits. Etc.

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
What an update to chargen up the story, the reveal about the cycle and new soul was great, and when it seems like we got more answers honestly it gives me more questions too and the dragon is too cute as always, its honestly the best LI in this game ;)...can't wait to see how it continues onto next update!

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
I wonder what are the consequences of mc's agreement with the old LI to protect her daughters ? Is it an opportunity for him ?

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Like a lot of people I got the same error when loading a save. So I tried with just the download, error. With the download and mod, error. With the download and update, error. With the download, mod and update, error. so not sure where the error is coming from. I tend to rollback about 4 pages before saving for the end of whatever update I am on. It usually prevents errors like this.

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 158, in event
return self.transitions[-1].event(ev, x, y, st)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "I:\Downloads\Download\New\Sorcerer-pc\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sorcerer 0.16.0
Wed Feb 17 16:51:42 2021
```
gonna start a new game, tried earlier saves, nothing seems to work for me

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Like a lot of people I got the same error when loading a save. So I tried with just the download, error. With the download and mod, error. With the download and update, error. With the download, mod and update, error. so not sure where the error is coming from. I tend to rollback about 4 pages before saving for the end of whatever update I am on. It usually prevents errors like this.
This is exactly the problem, I looked through the code, I had a couple of outsiders look through the code. Shaddy has looked through the mod's code, and there is nothing that should cause any of that. And it has been happening to some people (like I said 80+ people had access to this version before yesterday and no one has mentioned their saves breaking). So question is, what is different between me, Shaddy (and the 80+ others) and those whose saves have been broken.

What happens if you use the attached save file? It's just random testing save I have at the end of day 15.
EDIT: Also tagging nielsen145 if you wish to try the save.

Reactions: TundraLupus

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Since I've seen a lot of people talk about broken saves I'll leave my tip here, just recently I had to format my computer and lost all my saves so I use it myself, go into preferences and under the skip option mark "after choices" and "transitions"(mark all of them if you had lost your saves and not just had an error), star over or load an even older save, and then press tab and go from there, the game will auto skip all seen text and it will be relatively easy to get back to the beggining of the update, I know it isn't ideal but it is what I do in these situations even more so because the error seems really hard to pin down, another tip of mine is to save in every choice so you always have lots of places to come back to if you run out of space just click the ">" symbol instead of the numbers and it can go on for at least page 20 of saves, hope this helps someone

4.40 star(s) 143 Votes