Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
You sound like you skipped through the entire game, otherwise you'd know who she is and what there is to forgive (or not).
I didn't skip anything, what would be the point since no one is here for the world-class animations, its all about the story so yes I know the vague generalities of who she is in relation to the orphanage but that doesn't really go any way to explain who she actually is to the MC, why has she taken such an interest since apparently there are loads of magic users who awaken and no one cares since Aya explained that 90% die within the first year.

For example why does she ask if he can fly yet as if its expected? Is it just a magic thing or is it related to his lineage, is he supposed to have wings too?
It doesn't explain to us exactly what the ramifications of what she did are, is it a minor thing? if so then why does she feel so bad about it?
If its something more major then how about explain to us what it really means?

Without knowing the details, consequences and alternatives then how can we decide to forgive or not?

That basically means you're left to look at the stat/flag changes in the code [or via a walkthrough] the see what that choice actually means/does and if there is a good reason to pick one over the other or if its just more of a flavour choice.

For example, when you pick who to side with early on [humans/non-humans] that is clearly a major choice but then later when you're buying a mirror you get a choice to try to convince the woman or just mention Tamara and so far as I can tell it doesn't really matter what you pick because it eventually just ends up being that you mention Tamara any way to get the mirror.

So in this situation I'm saying we, as the reader, don't have enough context to make an informed decision about Maria, it'd be nice to go more in-depth about what she actually did, what its done to the MC so far, what it means for the future and so-on.

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
For example why does she ask if he can fly yet as if its expected? Is it just a magic thing or is it related to his lineage, is he supposed to have wings too?
It doesn't explain to us exactly what the ramifications of what she did are, is it a minor thing? if so then why does she feel so bad about it?
If its something more major then how about explain to us what it really means?
I understand where you're coming from but that's what we call suspense.

I think that everything will be revealed gradually in the story. If it was predictable, that wouldn't be exciting at all.

And I would totally lose interest in the VN.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I understand where you're coming from but that's what we call suspense.

I think that everything will be revealed gradually in the story. If it was predictable, that wouldn't be exciting at all.

And I would totally lose interest in the VN.
Well thats what I'm getting at, I'm fine with not knowing at this point except then we get given what seems to be a big choice but without enough context I think it takes away from the meaning behind that choice since it basically comes down to a coin flip.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is given a grand book of spell which he devours both at home and in the office.
MC is given not 1 but 2 soul gems and tracks some other for his demon mommy.
MC is making friends through his people skills, is ready to accompany clients
on adventure outside office hours, has a great relationship with the boss, his coworkers,
his staff.

This is in no way your run of the mill guy who is skeptical or unsupportive of his peers.
All that readng gives him a lotta skill bth in magik wielding - tentacle and fire,
not even red werehouse fire but bright blue intense fire that hurts demons fire.

MC has a strong magik, the same kind luke has that is felt throughout the galaxy,
something akin to the farseers sensing the birth of a prince from reading the stars.

MC has that kind of magik to save his demon mommy outta the grasp of demented fallen angels.
She felt she could repay in kind and set him up at the gurls who she felt could raise him good.

There are a lotta variables that stack in MCs favor every time, every turn, yet he is not
written like a moron acting like the ultimate chick magnet.

Game oN!

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Well thats what I'm getting at, I'm fine with not knowing at this point except then we get given what seems to be a big choice but without enough context I think it takes away from the meaning behind that choice since it basically comes down to a coin flip.
Nothing can stop you from having many playthrough. What's the whole point of playing a game with everything should be perfect?

For example, won't it bore you if you were always winning in some game? Where would be the exciting factor if you win the whole campaign in just 2 hours of game play?

Most of the game that I play, I have multiple playthroughs saved in different folders. I swap them and upload them to continue whenever I have free time to do so. Always on my toes that my next move could harm some relationships with the LI.

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
I have a suggestion for a minor re-write in dialog. Just at the very start of this update. The 'no rest for the wicked' line. Instead of just repeating the same thing back, I'd suggest the second part my dad always used.
"No rest for the wicked. And the righteous don't need it."

Reactions: moonmite84

metallicaphil

Dec 14, 2017
I took it as a reference to a long ago magazine called Dragon that was out for AD&D back in the late 70s or early 80s.

There was a cartoon of a dragon eating a knight with the caption.......tastes good with ketchup
throughout the discworld series there are lots of little jokes about dwarfs, rats and ketchup

metallicaphil

Dec 14, 2017
I took it as a reference to a long ago magazine called Dragon that was out for AD&D back in the late 70s or early 80s.

There was a cartoon of a dragon eating a knight with the caption.......tastes good with ketchup
I highly recommend the night watch series of discworld books

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
ShaddyModda Talothral
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You only need 3 anyway so it doesn't matter that much, majority rule and all that. Besides the notes for Shaddy were made before I made few alterations to it to make it more unforgiving, which is still wasn't enough apparently but minor details.

Last edited:

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
ShaddyModda Talothral
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It depends on your other choices, the "wait" option here gets you the most positive points for this choice.

- wait
- let him speak
- protection
- counter
- with all due respect
- deeds

Those choices should give you the "best possible" outcome (4 or 5 votes depending on your treatment of Lord Hayes in an earlier update), but i'm sure that's the path shaddy's mod uses as well (i don't use it so this is speculation).

Last edited:

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
It depends on your other choices, the "wait" option here gets you the most positive points for this choice.

- wait
- let him speak
- protection
- counter
- with all due respect
- deeds

Those choices should give you the "best possible" outcome (4 or 5 votes depending on your treatment of Lord Hayes in an earlier update), but i'm sure that's the path shaddy's mod uses as well (i don't use it so this is speculation).
Checked the notes I left, it is either "Freedom" or "Protection", both gives a positive reaction overall. I guess Shaddy didn't mark the protection as recommended, but as said makes very little relevance with majority rule.

Reactions: RolandG.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
Is there a fix for the Zoey event error and I don't seem to have an option to see the characters from the Main or save menus

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
ShaddyModda getting the following using the mod, thanks!

Full traceback:
File "game/day27.rpy", line 2, in script call
call MiyukiTitle from _call_MiyukiTitle
File "E:\F95 games\Sorcerer-pc_0_26_0\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "game/day27.rpy", line 2, in script call
call MiyukiTitle from _call_MiyukiTitle
File "E:\F95 games\Sorcerer-pc_0_26_0\Sorcerer-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'MiyukiTitle'.

NVM nopy link is v26.........

bighunter

Apr 3, 2018
well i have small problems or big one,... i download that new patch and well i extract it into game folder, then i extract also mod, and well when i am in game i see game is updated but when there should be new stuffs i can only see text and black screen and it says missing picture ,... and soo on, didnt see any pic, just black bacround and text for new update. how to fix that ? tnx

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
Did the plot thread of that lawyer calling the MC on the first day go anywhere yet, or is that still hanging for the future?

4.40 star(s) 142 Votes