Unreal Engine Sorceress Tale [v05.30.2024] [Mithos56]

3.00 star(s) 23 Votes
Jul 3, 2018
games start with an big and cool idea and updates happens, then after 5 years nothing has changed like usual, he is at least honest that its just a pet project so expectations were never high in the first place

Reactions: LarryF

Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
games start with an big and cool idea and updates happens, then after 5 years nothing has changed like usual, he is at least honest that its just a pet project so expectations were never high in the first place
There's a huge, a humongus difference in a "pet project" and and a slob just trying to milk people that are, sorry to put it like this, even dumber than him.
Not trying to blame this ony anyone, just stated this as is.

Reactions: Darper

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I swear this used to be named something else. This project is still going 6 years later? Is there an end in sight, is there any story now?

Phenomamd

Dec 27, 2017
I swear this used to be named something else. This project is still going 6 years later? Is there an end in sight, is there any story now?
Pretty sure it was called something like "Magical Investigation of Meridiana", really threw me off when they changed the name.
There is more content, however it's basically a dead game, I'm incredibly sceptical of the dev actually developing this into something complete.

Jul 3, 2018
There's a huge, a humongus difference in a "pet project" and and a slob just trying to milk people that are, sorry to put it like this, even dumber than him.
i looked at the date and the game has been in dev since 2016, guess you are right then kek

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Yeah, its unfortunate. The very first release, back in 2017 or so, was probably the best. You had a magical basic attack, instead of a useless dagger or pistol, there was no platforming but still could teleport, charming foes was simple and effective and you could give them orders, there was decent animation variety and combat just worked.

Now, nothing is great, and he rebuilds his main map every 18 months or so, from scratch, so all that work is wasted.

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
At first i could argue that at least we got every model he made so others could make stuff....

At this point even if you point out (that's if you go digging) That the patreon was solely for him to learn how to make games... its now just another milk farm

bell88

Jun 6, 2020
This might be a dumb question but does anyone know how to use "The gallery build" that is a standalone build , consisting of all the animations in the game? I downloaded it but can't figure out what to do when I open it.

dima.245

Oct 11, 2020
at times, a glitch pops up. when restarting a level. when entering the tutorial level. Buda continue to play, we can still where the error will come out.

dima.245

Oct 11, 2020
an error occurs on startup. but the game starts.
writes (writes the launch of the program is impossible, since it is missing on the computer (the name is visible on the screen), try reinstalling the program)

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Anybody have a link for the last gallery build? The one on the first page is obsolete I think there was a new gallery build this year maybe February

GAMERGUY246

Jul 20, 2017
That link is directly from their patreon post someone should probably upload it to another file sharing host. I dunno I think remember reading somewhere here that official links shouldn't be posted here. I might be wrong though
Thank you, I have realised my mistake and updated the links the correct way

Feb 9, 2018
I was a supporter early on, got frustrated by glacial progress and stopped, and I'm still subscribed to their updates. FWIW, they are diligent with regular weekly comms and incredibly transparent about progress and lack of. There is no hard sell or over promising (or really ANY promising). I generally think supporters have all the information they need to know what they are getting. If they still choose to support, I'm not sure that is on the creator. I'd take $1500/month to fuck around in unity/unreal or whatever also.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
Jan 15, 2021
I was a supporter early on, got frustrated by glacial progress and stopped, and I'm still subscribed to their updates. FWIW, they are diligent with regular weekly comms and incredibly transparent about progress and lack of. There is no hard sell or over promising (or really ANY promising). I generally think supporters have all the information they need to know what they are getting. If they still choose to support, I'm not sure that is on the creator. I'd take $1500/month to fuck around in unity/unreal or whatever also.
They're fooling you by feigning progress, you call it transparency, what they're actually doing is hold a carrot with a stick in front of your face. Worst is you're fooled so easily by that.

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
how is there still no functioning spell / casting mechanics with clear instructions? talking to the first character is a broken loop of beginning the conversation, advancing the conversation, and ending the conversation. seriously? its the first player interaction and experience and its fucked. no clear instructions. no tutorial. go to level - cannot use mechanics of gameplay to do anything = death.

how the fuck do these guys keep earning money on this. fucking remarkable honestly.

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
i think this dev needs to make a playable character.
their last update is the same update for the past 3 years?
polish the game mechanics. the effects are awesome but buggy af and not mapped properly.
you have characters and animations.

polish the character mechanics.
fix the bugs.
deliver a game and sell it for $15 bucks.
id buy it.
and then i'd buy the sequel as well.
but why are you cucks doing funding this broken buggy project that will never be released.

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
They're fooling you by feigning progress, you call it transparency, what they're actually doing is hold a carrot with a stick in front of your face. Worst is you're fooled so easily by that.
still better than other devs who make insane excuses

"sorry guys my pet lion died and i can't deliver the update for another 9 months"

"i dont want to do this but update is delayed, i was busted by the police since i am the local cartel leader"

3.00 star(s) 23 Votes