Unreal Engine Sorceress Tale [v05.30.2024] [Mithos56]

3.00 star(s) 23 Votes

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
stop complaining guys, you think YOU have it rough ?
i'm still waiting for steering wheel support : (
edit: or maybe it was the other unfinished game ? there's so many that i'm sometimes lost

Honest Pirate

Apr 22, 2020
A comment on his Patreon page:
After 6 Years working on the game it would be nice to see that you get the Game complete. Sorry but thats my opinion.

Answer from :
I understand and I'm really trying. I had some big mistakes and I'm trying to catch up from that.

This week I continued to work on the magic system, and iterating on drawing magic from the environment.
The last test I wanted to try (also based on feedback) is drawing and storing magic individually, so that it can be used later.

This requires a bit more work to implement than the other ways of drawing magic did, and I spent this week trying to set that up, robustly, without destroying how things work now. (I really like to make toggles for things. If I want to adjust a system, being able to toggle it on and off is preferable to having to rewrite things every time.

So while I was doing that, I took the time to also set up a different way to interact with the environment and objects in it.
How things are currently set up, when you approach an object you want to interact with, be it a barrel to pick up, or a static NPC to talk to, you enter a trigger sphere around that object.
Overlap sphere's that let the game know when you're able to interact with something.
This typically works fairly well. The few exceptions are objects close together will sometimes get confused as to which you want to pick up, and the distances to the target generally need to be smaller. The player also needs to be looking at objects directly for them to be highlit, so you don't know if something is useable until you get close and look at it.

This week I rebuilt it to be based on a trace instead. So the camera is constantly sending on a beam to see what is in front of it, and if it can be interacted with. If it is an object you can interact with, and its close enough, then the object will highlight and the message letting the player know will appear as normal.
The red square shows what the trace is hitting (its only there for debugging purposes).

This would be more accurate, and can be used at really any distance I wanted. I could set it up so that you can pick up props you might want to throw from farther away.
So I was able to get this working, but I ran into a snag with drawing magic using this system, and need to decide how I want to actually implement that part of it.

I was also held back a bit by the release of the preview of Unreal Engine 5. I don't PLAN on upgrading until the full release in 2022(its still a bit buggy), but I still really wanted to take some time and investigate the new features. A lot of the more exciting ones they don't really talk about.
Nanite and the Lumen global illumination stuff is really neat, but feels (nanite specifically) more appropriate for more realistic looking games and video.
It does however have a lot of really nice animation and sequencer updates, as well as some automatic level streaming that really makes things easier for the developers. They've also done a good job streamlining the UI, to try to make things less intimidating.
They really are doing a lot to try to make the barrier to entry on making games as low as possible, and with UE5 it looks like it would be fully possible to make games without having to buy assets outside of sounds, all within Unreal.

I'm gonna put in some more work and try to figure out the problem of drawing magic this weekend. I don't think I'll be able to get another build out before the end of the month, so I'll try to do so later in the week.

Thanks again for the support, and have a safe week!

This week I continued to work on the magic system, and iterating on drawing magic from the environment.
The last test I wanted to try (also based on feedback) is drawing and storing magic individually, so that it can be used later.

This requires a bit more work to implement than the other ways of drawing magic did, and I spent this week trying to set that up, robustly, without destroying how things work now. (I really like to make toggles for things. If I want to adjust a system, being able to toggle it on and off is preferable to having to rewrite things every time.

So while I was doing that, I took the time to also set up a different way to interact with the environment and objects in it.
How things are currently set up, when you approach an object you want to interact with, be it a barrel to pick up, or a static NPC to talk to, you enter a trigger sphere around that object.
Overlap sphere's that let the game know when you're able to interact with something.
This typically works fairly well. The few exceptions are objects close together will sometimes get confused as to which you want to pick up, and the distances to the target generally need to be smaller. The player also needs to be looking at objects directly for them to be highlit, so you don't know if something is useable until you get close and look at it.

This week I rebuilt it to be based on a trace instead. So the camera is constantly sending on a beam to see what is in front of it, and if it can be interacted with. If it is an object you can interact with, and its close enough, then the object will highlight and the message letting the player know will appear as normal.
The red square shows what the trace is hitting (its only there for debugging purposes).

This would be more accurate, and can be used at really any distance I wanted. I could set it up so that you can pick up props you might want to throw from farther away.
So I was able to get this working, but I ran into a snag with drawing magic using this system, and need to decide how I want to actually implement that part of it.

I was also held back a bit by the release of the preview of Unreal Engine 5. I don't PLAN on upgrading until the full release in 2022(its still a bit buggy), but I still really wanted to take some time and investigate the new features. A lot of the more exciting ones they don't really talk about.
Nanite and the Lumen global illumination stuff is really neat, but feels (nanite specifically) more appropriate for more realistic looking games and video.
It does however have a lot of really nice animation and sequencer updates, as well as some automatic level streaming that really makes things easier for the developers. They've also done a good job streamlining the UI, to try to make things less intimidating.
They really are doing a lot to try to make the barrier to entry on making games as low as possible, and with UE5 it looks like it would be fully possible to make games without having to buy assets outside of sounds, all within Unreal.

I'm gonna put in some more work and try to figure out the problem of drawing magic this weekend. I don't think I'll be able to get another build out before the end of the month, so I'll try to do so later in the week.

----------------------------------------
I didnt read that wall of text, the only thing i readed is "I don't PLAN on upgrading until the full release in 2022(its still a bit buggy)" .
To be Honest: I dont think he gets it done in 2022.

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
A comment on his Patreon page:
After 6 Years working on the game it would be nice to see that you get the Game complete. Sorry but thats my opinion.

Answer from :
I understand and I'm really trying. I had some big mistakes and I'm trying to catch up from that.

cabeludo1

Feb 11, 2022
View attachment 145541

Overview:
The game will be adult in nature, and will involve strong sexual content, but I also aim to make the game fun and interesting even when its not just genitals flapping everywhere. The game's protagonist will be Meridiana, a female magician who takes on contracts to hunt down and stop various dark cults and magical creatures.​

Thread Updated: 2022-10-12
Release Date: 2022-06-24
Developer: Mithos56
Censored: No
Version: 06242022
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Additional Information:

Uploader's Note:

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -

View attachment 145541 View attachment 145545 View attachment 145546 View attachment 145547 View attachment 145548 View attachment 145549 View attachment 145550 View attachment 145551
How can I get the full game?
I love it!

Man_Doge

Jan 2, 2023
Does anyone else feel like the boob physics are getting worse and worse with each update Mithos56 releases?

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
I think everything is getting worse with every release. From combat, to spellcasting, to sneaking, to charming, to platforming, to the sex.
I think the problem is just everything constantly fighting to be the core design of the game. If it's a combat game then the stealth should just reward good methodical gameplay in order to make encounters easier. If it's a stealth game then combat shouldn't be a big deal and players should be given resources to make sneaking easier and more punishing to get caught. This whole project is just one big playground where nothing is taking the stage and all the mechanics are fighting for attention.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Well a big issue is that usually developers get better at developing over time. But here, the dev seems to be getting worse over time. The first build I tried back in 2019, was really good. Decent controls, easy to access sex, simple and effective charm system, pure-magic gameplay (none of this knife/six shooter nonsense), understandable and effective spellcasting and combat was doable. Now I can't say anything positive of the current builds.

alandria2236

Feb 16, 2019
It's been stated many times (for years) from posters and followers in the patreon in this thread that this "game" is just a side-project the dev implements to learn unreal mechanics. I hope that's not the case and it's not just a old lingered cash-cow.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Well it would make sense, as they add in features without seeing if the game would benefit from them or not. Like the platforming and the puzzle solving was atrociously implemented and I try to geometry skip them wherever possible. It would also explain why we haven't had an interactable sex scene with the sorceress in years now.

Reactions: seva_morozow

alandria2236

Feb 16, 2019
I'v been a follower of this space for ages and fell in love with its earlier releases too, and over time like most people got disappointed with each update. No storyline, no dialogue, no new sex scenes. Just endless, infuriating puzzles and map revamps. Somehow this dev still has enough patreon people convinced to throw at them over 2k a month for no real advancements.... XI

Last edited:
Reactions: Man_Doge

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Yeah. I liked the first release and the second release, where it was a proc-gen map. Then they came out with that platformer, knife, and stealth section that totally sucked as enemies could easily spot you, you had nowhere to run or hide, and once you engage in combat everyone and their grandma comes to attack you.

alandria2236

Feb 16, 2019
It is not going to be released while the donations keep coming. Expect him to set a release date somewhere in 2024 or 2030... and move it further if he still has donations then
If the donations stopped would that prompt them to actually do something? I am starting to think dev probably abandoned ages ago but enjoyed that sweet patreon income as a bonus alongside whatever else he devotes his actual time to.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
a new version?

On that site, if you click the reason for the update it states this:

Torrent re-uploaded - November 9, 2022, 17:12 .
Updated to version: 2022.02.27.
Latest available (hacked) version.
Information about the game has been updated - January 12, 2023, 18:22 .

fe5v56vt6jcr7y

May 3, 2020
how can I trigger any scene? The game is definitely 0 clear on how to play it
First of all you need to hold Q until mc cums. Then you need to go near you enemy and charm it by pressing Q (it charms if you have that purple bar filled, after masturbating), after that, you be able to command the charmed creature. Command it to FOLLOW you, after this action, above the head of creature appeas heart, and only after ALL OF THAT you be able to fuck... Just stand in front of a creature and hold Q button, until mc cums.
Congratz, scene activated. If it dont start, just try masturbate one more time in front of a monster, that you charm.
Take me 1.30 hours to realize that. Tutorial in this game is a huge mess, honestly. I cant able to complite it, no matter how right or wrong i do the commads with spell

p.s. sorry for my english, its not my native language :) I hope this guide can help you

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 23 Votes