FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
One if my favorites n English is a pronunciation of the nonsense-word "ghoti."

If the "gh" is pronounced is as in "enough,"
the "o" is pronounced as in "women,"
and the "ti" is pronounced as in "motion,"
then "ghoti" is pronounced "fish."
Yep. I got one of my teachers with that one in high school. lol Can't remember the context, but he was definitely confused for half the class till someone explained the nonsense to him.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
"Spelt" is actually wheat. "Spelled" is what you were probably meaning. English is definitely weird. But, for past tense of most action words/verbs, it is ended with "ed" instead of "t", in the majority of situations.
When I attended school, in France, a fairly long time ago, we were taught literary (British) English, in which the preterite and the past participle of "to spell" are "spelt" (like "to burn, I burnt, burnt", "to lean, I leant, leant"...). I have kept that old-fashioned habit :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: FookU2

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
pl62.jpg

Have you gone to see the "Psychologist" in the new version of the game yet? If not yet, it's time to download update 0.5! =)

Reactions: Mikedazz1

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Sorrow [v0.5] [LustFight] crunched

Original Size Win / Compressed Size PC*: 1,75 GB / 271 MB - Sorrow-0.5-pc-crunched.zip
Original Size Mac / Compressed Size Mac: 1,72 GB / 237 MB - Sorrow-0.5-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
Sorrow [v0.5] [LustFight] crunched

Original Size Win / Compressed Size PC*: 1,75 GB / 271 MB - Sorrow-0.5-pc-crunched.zip
Original Size Mac / Compressed Size Mac: 1,72 GB / 237 MB - Sorrow-0.5-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - Pixeldrain -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -
<3 <3 <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: "CJ"

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
The concept behind this game is wonderful, but it's seriously held back by a bad translation.
Thank you for the kind words! I'm working hard to raise the English level of the game, hopefully closer to the release of the full 1 episode translation will be perfect <3

Reactions: kekasaurus

kekasaurus

Jan 23, 2018
Thank you for the kind words! I'm working hard to raise the English level of the game, hopefully closer to the release of the full 1 episode translation will be perfect <3
If I can offer just 1 more piece of advice, for surreal games like this, I think that you should put a bit more effort into describing what the landscape looks like. Or throw in more renders of the landscape. I think that people would appreciate it if you let your imagination go wild and create this version of Purgatory that has an internal logic that slowly becomes apparent for the player, thus resulting in a narrative reward.

There are some really great games here like City of Broken Dreamers and Artemis, where the background worlds feel very convincing, in addition to really great dialogue and scenes. Good luck with your game!

Reactions: LustFight

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
If I can offer just 1 more piece of advice, for surreal games like this, I think that you should put a bit more effort into describing what the landscape looks like. Or throw in more renders of the landscape. I think that people would appreciate it if you let your imagination go wild and create this version of Purgatory that has an internal logic that slowly becomes apparent for the player, thus resulting in a narrative reward.

There are some really great games here like City of Broken Dreamers and Artemis, where the background worlds feel very convincing, in addition to really great dialogue and scenes. Good luck with your game!
Ohhhh that's for sure!I have huge plans for it, but I wanted to implement it in episode 2, just my idea of Purgatory is a kind of training, an introduction to the story. I already have a map of the next world drawn... Sansara, which has a huge Scarlet Lake in the middle, huge endless Soviet Khrushchevs on one side and huge anomalous formations of different elements on the other... It should be very interesting, the most important thing is, like you said, to show it all in detail xD Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: kekasaurus

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
On the third play through(yea,I died often) I kind of had a clue what was going on. I still do not understand some of the structure of the game though. As far as I can tell there is no moving backwards,so if you cross the first bridge you can not seem to go back to that area. It means I likely missed a ton of content(for example I have never used the dark bridge or been beyond the wall).

Once you make a move/choice it is linear and only moves forward. Knowing I missed content and characters kind of sucks.
The story is entertaining though and most of the women look good. So keep up the good work and story. The English does need work,but I am fluent in Engrish so I managed.

• Love
Reactions: LustFight

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
On the third play through(yea,I died often) I kind of had a clue what was going on. I still do not understand some of the structure of the game though. As far as I can tell there is no moving backwards,so if you cross the first bridge you can not seem to go back to that area. It means I likely missed a ton of content(for example I have never used the dark bridge or been beyond the wall).

Once you make a move/choice it is linear and only moves forward. Knowing I missed content and characters kind of sucks.
The story is entertaining though and most of the women look good. So keep up the good work and story. The English does need work,but I am fluent in Engrish so I managed.
Maaaan.... Thanks for the opinion, it means a lot to me! I'll keep up the good work <3

For now you really can't go back after the bridge, I want to fix that in the future. I'm not touching it now, because there will be a lot of new content up to version 1.0, when the whole picture comes together I'll solve the linearity problem! And Engrish... It's a sore subject, but I'm trying xD Thank you!

Reactions: Otherguy2012

sabanana

Jan 11, 2021
"You feel like you are rapidly leaving the forces". I keep downloading every update because of the renders, hoping that the translation would have greatly improved. That's how far I got this time before my head started to hurt. I imagine it meant something like "you feel your strenght(or life maybe) quickly fading" or something along those lines. I don't mean to bash on the game, but it is a real struggle to try to understand what is meant to have been said. (much like reading my comments, I'm sure) Hopefully the translation will keep getting better, so that it would do justice to what I hope is a good story.

Btw. I do hope we will get to fuck up our murderer instead of being forced to be all like "well in the end you did me a favor by killing me, and all is forgiven" and shit like that. Way too many games already with protagonists who can't hold a grudge.

Aaaaanyway nice renders, bad translation, some sweet revenge maybe pretty please?

2.90 star(s) 14 Votes