4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I'm wrapping up my first playthrough (I think, finished Quthor and delivered the map bit). All that's left is exploring for things I missed / didn't notice and looking at optimizations. A few basic questions.

Games in this genre typically have a 'build to order' option for the player to make money / have goals to aim for. Did I just fail to notice it somewhere?

In this thread I see mention of an Auctioneer. I don't recall meeting anyone like that. Where can he/it/she be found?

In the bot value calculations, is it better to have a really high score in one skill, no low scores, or is it immaterial? In other words if I have a bot with one skill at 10 and another at 200 and I get to add a flat +20, does it matter to which skill it is applied or is the total points / average score all that is looked at?

There seems to be an entire category of quality missing in parts and enhancements. I've seen everything from sub-par to military. There is an 'elite' category in the parts console and I have seen exactly zero entries in its list. I take it that it is for future expansion?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
im not seeing any other weapons for sale the day after i bought the license i need a laser weapon on my Ship
Store inventory is somewhat RNG based. Check the store over the course of a few days. If you can get your notoriety up from drug smuggling runs, the arms merchant in the pirate base (ship closest to your when you land) will sell to you and he sells weapons too though his prices are higher.

Red_skil

Nov 5, 2017
Moira has a Lab in the outskirt meteorite cluster close to the jumpgate and pirate base in Itarii
If she isn't in the Med Bay (3rd deck/green) or her bedroom on 2nd deck/red

Thanks for the info! I found Moria in Med Bay.
But my game keeps stopping because I can't get back to Quthor:cry:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'm wrapping up my first playthrough (I think, finished Quthor and delivered the map bit). All that's left is exploring for things I missed / didn't notice and looking at optimizations. A few basic questions.

Games in this genre typically have a 'build to order' option for the player to make money / have goals to aim for. Did I just fail to notice it somewhere?

In this thread I see mention of an Auctioneer. I don't recall meeting anyone like that. Where can he/it/she be found?

In the bot value calculations, is it better to have a really high score in one skill, no low scores, or is it immaterial? In other words if I have a bot with one skill at 10 and another at 200 and I get to add a flat +20, does it matter to which skill it is applied or is the total points / average score all that is looked at?

There seems to be an entire category of quality missing in parts and enhancements. I've seen everything from sub-par to military. There is an 'elite' category in the parts console and I have seen exactly zero entries in its list. I take it that it is for future expansion?
You get Bonusses for mastering a skill which is happening around 100 at that skill
You get Bonuses for Favorite skills (Heart Icon) and Malus for hated skills (sad smiley Icon).
Check with the Bot scanner from the investment Options for more Details.

The Auctionar is a random encounter in the last region, he sells a random Bot equipment (Elite) for 5.000.000 Credits.

Thanks for the info! I found Moria in Med Bay.
But my game keeps stopping because I can't get back to Quthor:cry:
Progress with Khelara... she'll have an idea how to further improve your relationships with them

Feb 5, 2018

There i a "build to order" part but it became a pain to play. y.v. switched to let you sell any bot. It was a pain to have several unsellable bots.

The Auctioneer is a random encounter in Qu Thor (low percentage chance) who sells 1 elite part each time you find him. Parts are 5 million so by the time you are in Qu Thor, that should be no problem. Some bot containers have bots with an elite part or two. Elite parts are definitely in game but are rare. I've found a cortex, perversion amp +44, and a bondage +178 and a Type-C shell. Upgrading the Cortex made it a Precursor Gen 3 Elite. Poor traits but good IQ.I may save it.

Reactions: sillyrobot

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
There i a "build to order" part but it became a pain to play. y.v. switched to let you sell any bot. It was a pain to have several unsellable bots.

The Auctioneer is a random encounter in Qu Thor (low percentage chance) who sells 1 elite part each time you find him. Parts are 5 million so by the time you are in Qu Thor, that should be no problem. Some bot containers have bots with an elite part or two. Elite parts are definitely in game but are rare. I've found a cortex, perversion amp +44, and a bondage +178 and a Type-C shell. Upgrading the Cortex made it a Precursor Gen 3 Elite. Poor traits but good IQ.I may save it.
You can reroll the traits of an core dureing Upgrade... since you can't get 3 pink traits if you use precurser Updates on the core you should aim for those before applying other Updates with the precurser mods.
There aree Elite Version for every bot shell but N-Shell and J-Shell
The auctioner sells Elite tier cortexes and any addon avaiable (IQ, Perversion, Stat raisers and immobilizers)

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
The Auctioneer can be encountered specifically and only in the Quthor '75%' section of space .. it's a random encounter amongst all the others, so you may need roll the trip a few times .. also make sure you have NOT had any encounters in that section of space in any of the other systems .. they seem to count against each other despite being in different systems.

.. considering how large the loot and encounter pools are .. hoping for a 'the' thing you want simply by going there a bunch of times in a row is going to take a long long long time .. figuring out the mechanics of the reroll ability is nearly a must

Reactions: sillyrobot
Feb 5, 2018
To pique your interest, in one of the testing versions, I had a bot with 4 traits, all poor. It did not come from Qu Thor. It was just once and I do not know if that code still exists.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I just posted a 'beta' version of my interface mod for SJ Version 1.20.11 in my mod thread, here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/space-jo...1-00b-version-1-04a-beta.180608/post-12457827

It includes the one hotfix that I shared above (fixed the nothing more to do at library message blocking cargo deliveries), but otherwise is pretty much the same as the one I made for the previous version of SJ.

If you have any issues, post them up in my mod thread. Once I get a bit of feedback, I'll add it to the OP of my mod thread. Should work fine, but we've been down this road before (i do miss things in my own playtesting).

Probably the thing I'm most proud of is the adjustments that I made to this screen:

Although the additional info I added for parts bonuses, more info on what's in cargo & storage for missions, and the adjustments to the bot configuratior screens are also nice! More screenshots in the linked post above.

Enjoy!
:cool:

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
To pique your interest, in one of the testing versions, I had a bot with 4 traits, all poor. It did not come from Qu Thor. It was just once and I do not know if that code still exists.
by the looks of the code, probably not .. an oversight while considering how to do the third trait? .. the comment in the code about the 3rd trait code is .. # 3rd Trait?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT : ... well .. the gallery definitely seems to have some quirks .. have all but one image .. the first Nightcap for Moira scene after giving her a drink .. managed to miss getting that one by giving her a drink, then forgetting to visit that night ... so the second drink bumped her APP to 2 negating the possibility of seeing the first scene (and getting the gallery image) (at least that's how the code reads : tried many times for the first scene )

EDIT EDIT: .. further looking .. yup, forgetting to visit definitely screws up the possibility of getting the scene and the gallery image .. just reset her APP to 0, tried for it and got it so .. apparently being mindful of what you're trying to accomplish is a necessity

Last edited:

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
what do you mean i have a full set
Khelara
Nimhe
Vee
T'Ris

Quests:
Find a Way Home|Travel through the Jumpgates to start your journey home...
Start Practicing with V|Start with V's practical training by asking her for favors....
Out and about II|Walk T'Ris around the Station in her reveling uniform

no talk about getting another Crew Member (have the Bot BB-2 was working on)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
what do you mean i have a full set
Khelara
Nimhe
Vee
T'Ris

Quests:
Find a Way Home|Travel through the Jumpgates to start your journey home...
Start Practicing with V|Start with V's practical training by asking her for favors....
Out and about II|Walk T'Ris around the Station in her reveling uniform

no talk about getting another Crew Member (have the Bot BB-2 was working on)
Than wait for V telling you about her mission, training her is required as far as I recall

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
okay ill keep training her and other things
Get and install a hyperdrive. Then the other thing you need to do is travel to and interact with the jump gate. You'll get told about paperwork you need.

The game is absolutely chock-a-block full of cock-blocking. You get told "If you want A, do X." You do X, and suddenly you're told "Now you need Y!" Expect a few such impediments.

Ningyosai

May 19, 2017
Haven't been able to progress with T'ris. I got up to the point where you talk to Nimhe (I'd do the lab secrets quest before) and she talks about adjusting the auto-trainer. After that, the walkthrough mentions checking on the lab at 20:00, but the lab is NOT locked. And of course, the reminder that the auto-trainer has been effective never comes. The quest tells me to tell T'ris to go help Nimhe with the Autotrainer but I've been talking to her at multiple locations and it never seems to come up.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Haven't been able to progress with T'ris. I got up to the point where you talk to Nimhe (I'd do the lab secrets quest before) and she talks about adjusting the auto-trainer. After that, the walkthrough mentions checking on the lab at 20:00, but the lab is NOT locked. And of course, the reminder that the auto-trainer has been effective never comes. The quest tells me to tell T'ris to go help Nimhe with the Autotrainer but I've been talking to her at multiple locations and it never seems to come up.
I talked to T'riss at 1900 in her quarters about it: it was a chat subject, IIRC.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
That worked, awesome!

...now I just need those Shield Cloak modules. The Krell merchant at the Pirate Hideout never seems to carry them.
He gets one occasionally or two rarely. If you have access to other star systems, I think you have to travel at least as far as Xenos to get them more reliably.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes