4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
so the bar tender in the space station seems to have no inventory, and the shady trader has no maps as well. i tried it again without the accelerated star which gives starting money and it seemed to work. then i tried the regular way, using console to add money, and again had the issue. is there no way to cheat money without breaking the game?

edit: actually it doesnt work when starting over and not cheating, apparently the shops just have nothing at all ever?

• Angry
Reactions: Sh4dyW0lf
Feb 5, 2018
so the bar tender in the space station seems to have no inventory, and the shady trader has no maps as well. i tried it again without the accelerated star which gives starting money and it seemed to work. then i tried the regular way, using console to add money, and again had the issue. is there no way to cheat money without breaking the game?

edit: actually it doesnt work when starting over and not cheating, apparently the shops just have nothing at all ever?
Veronica and Shady work fine for me. Did you install into a new folder? If no then try that. Otherwise your game is apparently corrupted. Both of those traders play significant supporting roles in SJX.

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
Veronica and Shady work fine for me. Did you install into a new folder? If no then try that. Otherwise your game is apparently corrupted. Both of those traders play significant supporting roles in SJX.
ya, i made three folders, one with a mod added, one an updated mod, and one without a mod at all, same with all

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Ah yeah that worked, no issues still rushed through some days and travel to see if anything popped up, no all good
ya, i made three folders, one with a mod added, one an updated mod, and one without a mod at all, same with all
Not seeing this on my end either, although I did discover an other issue that relates to my Gameplay mod when starting a new game from Day 1 ('fixed' version coming shortly). Did you try resting/advancing to the next day and let the shop inventories recycle?

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
Not seeing this on my end either, although I did discover an other issue that relates to my Gameplay mod when starting a new game from Day 1 ('fixed' version coming shortly). Did you try resting/advancing to the next day and let the shop inventories recycle?
ya, i rested to try to reset the shop. i gave up for now, but i might just try starting from another day and see what happens

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
ya, i rested to try to reset the shop. i gave up for now, but i might just try starting from another day and see what happens
Would you be willing to provide a save so that we can check your situation?

Feb 5, 2018
I have restarted from the very beginning well over a hundred times starting with the first released version then every version, including unreleased interim testing ones, as a beta tester. This has never happened to me. If y.v. was here, he would definitely want to see a save file.

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
Just spent an embarrassingly long time stuck on the mission to find Moira in the Outer Fields because I thought a new location would show up, or at least the one I needed to go would have got that red exclamation mark. Nope, just had to go to the Outer Belt and up pops the option to speak to her. For anyone who is stuck and stupid like me, there you go. I would suggest a bit more idiot proofing for people like me though.

Aside from that, what a great game! Don't know how I missed this one, will be following for sure.

Reactions: Logan1377

Kamimile

Aug 27, 2020
Just spent an embarrassingly long time stuck on the mission to find Moira in the Outer Fields because I thought a new location would show up, or at least the one I needed to go would have got that red exclamation mark. Nope, just had to go to the Outer Belt and up pops the option to speak to her. For anyone who is stuck and stupid like me, there you go. I would suggest a bit more idiot proofing for people like me though.

Aside from that, what a great game! Don't know how I missed this one, will be following for sure.
Yes.. okay... But what system

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
Would you be willing to provide a save so that we can check your situation?
so this is a save that is unmoded and no cheats used. im going to delete temp renpy files and try it again along with a modded version as well

edit: ok so it seems like deleting the C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\SpaceJourneyX-1670222929 folder fixed the issue, when i went to make a modded save with the issue this time, it actually worked. fingers crossed it stays that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee
Feb 5, 2018
so this is a save that is unmoded and no cheats used. im going to delete temp renpy files and try it again along with a modded version as well

edit: ok so it seems like deleting the C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\SpaceJourneyX-1670222929 folder fixed the issue, when i went to make a modded save with the issue this time, it actually worked. fingers crossed it stays that way.
Well done! (y) I'm glad it is working now.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, for those of you that are interested in such things, I've updated my Gameplay Mod for SJx 1.20.11 to v1.20f.

Details are in the OP, linked below:
https://f95zone.to/threads/space-journey-gameplay-mod-for-sj1-20-11-version-1-20b.180608/

New screenshots showcasing the latest version of my gameplay mod have been added to the linked OP above.

My mod:

1) Changes a few gameplay elements (mainly bot configurator related)

2) Adds an 'arcade lineup viewer' screen

3) Adds your current arcade bot lineup as a 'desktop background' to the captain's computer screen

4) Modifies nightly arcade earnings, giving bonuses for multiple shell types/personalities/attitudes/traits in the lineup, and gives lower value bots a slight boost to the arcade earnings (essentially a 20 Million 'offset') and adjusts the total nightly income multiplier downward a bit to offset said increases, so it should be about the same overall for mid-late game arcade bot lineups.

5) Numerous adjustments to various screens, with more information being displayed in a few places (see screenshots).

6) Bio, Energy, and Nano pod usage as it relates to Bot Configuration has been modified. Also note that the lab can now store up to 4 pods worth of each material, thus freeing up up to 9 more tons of cargo space for other things.

7) More sort options have been added to the Bot Configurator sub-screens, for your convenience.

8) The '!' mark on the star system viewer screen for missions has been modified, with a green checkmark now indicating cargo missions that you have sufficient quantities for, and a crosshair icon for bounty missions. Special 'quest related' missions are now indicated with a gold star at that location on the system map.

9) Active missions are now shown on the Mission Chooser screen (see screenshots).

10) Allows you to give Nimhe various bot shells to study, at which point she can start building different shell types for your sexbots.

11) Your current torpedo loadout (if any) is shown on the ship interior navigation screens, as a quick reminder of what torpedoes, etc. you currently have loaded in the tubes, in the lower left corner of those screens.

12) A 'quick start' option has been added that gives you the option to start with an extra one million credits, to help shorten the early game a tiny bit for those that are restarting from the beginning, again...

13) A new 'G' type shell has been added for sexbots, essentially a variation of the Infiltrator shell without the extra 'military' addons.

And a few other changes, but that should give you a general idea. Also note that my 'hotfix' for the 'unable to complete missions to the Xenos Library in certain situations' is also incorporated into my Gameplay mod.

Note that you should be able to use this mod with existing SJx 1.20.11 saves, but for those that have completed 'vanilla' SJx 1.20.11, you may want to do the multiverse pod thing first before installing my mod. 'G' type shells have been added to my mod, and those currently are NOT in Vanilla SJ so I would not recommend putting those in Multiverse pods, as 'G' type shells aren't in the 'vanilla' game.

A few people have been playtesting previous versions of my mod (the changes from 'e' to 'f' are very minor), and are currently reporting 'no issues' but of course if you find any issues, feel free to report them in my Gameplay Mod thread.

Enjoy!
OhWee
:cool:

Last edited:

at16908

Mar 21, 2017
Hi, I just finished my playthrough and am having some trouble with several unlocks.

1. Gallery Image 9 - The hint for the image says to practice abstinence for three days and then visit T'ris. I did that, and in fact waited more than a week and didn't trigger the unlock. I've tried several times by first waiting several days in space, then in drydock, and finally on Tenaris base and none of the seemed to make a difference (I was hoping T'ris' stress level was one of the triggers). Just to make sure, in the character bio's, the MC has a "Last Done (Day)" tracker which I assume is for the last time the MC "interacted" with one of the NPC's and that also showed way more than three days. At the moment, T'ris is at the final stage of modifying her uniform and I have seemingly attempted all the variations of Favors including giving her an astropolitan or not. Any suggestions?

2. Casanova and Trainer - at the entrance in the Tenaris Base, there are 6 pedestals with holographic titles that unlock once the players hits certain benchmarks. How do I unlock these two?

3. The Tenaris Base module upgrades - I have two options that I'm not able to select: Expandable Shield Stack, and Expandable Turret Unit. Are these options still not available content, or did I miss something?

Thanks!

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
1. Gallery Image 9 - The hint for the image says to practice abstinence for three days and then visit T'ris. I did that, and in fact waited more than a week and didn't trigger the unlock. I've tried several times by first waiting several days in space, then in drydock, and finally on Tenaris base and none of the seemed to make a difference (I was hoping T'ris' stress level was one of the triggers). Just to make sure, in the character bio's, the MC has a "Last Done (Day)" tracker which I assume is for the last time the MC "interacted" with one of the NPC's and that also showed way more than three days. At the moment, T'ris is at the final stage of modifying her uniform and I have seemingly attempted all the variations of Favors including giving her an astropolitan or not. Any suggestions?
Needs to be done while she gives MC HJ in a dressed state
MC must not have had any form of sexual relieve in the last 3 days (check "P" if last release is current date -4)

Reactions: EroKala

at16908

Mar 21, 2017
Needs to be done while she gives MC HJ in a dressed state
MC must not have had any form of sexual relieve in the last 3 days (check "P" if last release is current date -4)
Thanks for replying!

Ok, here's the setup:
1. I am on day 203, with Last Done (Day) at 197
2. T'ris is dressed in her level 3 modified uniform.
3. At 1900, selecting the HJ Favor has T'ris naked except for shoes, and receiving the cumshot with her hands behind her back. The MC releases twice, before she then swallows. This scene has already appeared previously.

Am I missing something?

Feb 5, 2018
Hi, I just finished my playthrough and am having some trouble with several unlocks.

2. Casanova and Trainer - at the entrance in the Tenaris Base, there are 6 pedestals with holographic titles that unlock once the players hits certain benchmarks. How do I unlock these two?

3. The Tenaris Base module upgrades - I have two options that I'm not able to select: Expandable Shield Stack, and Expandable Turret Unit. Are these options still not available content, or did I miss something?

Thanks!
1: Evangelion-01 answered.

2: Future.

3: Future.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes