4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
How do you get the G shell and/or the voron cannon if you didn't negotiate with the zealots?

Glad to hear that y.v. is progressing. Hope to have him back soon.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
How do you get the G shell and/or the voron cannon if you didn't negotiate with the zealots?

G shells are gameplay mod only.

Cheats... although Quthor system may have cannons haven't verified this yet...

Feb 5, 2018

Protector Bots are random loot (low chance) from combat in Qu Thor.

Voron Nova Disruptors are rare items occasionally sold in the Qu Thor Pirate Outpost.

Good Luck!

Reactions: EroKala

asdasdasdad

Sep 11, 2017
This game is really neat. The exploration is amazing, I like the gameplay, even if it can be grindy, and the character design and modeling is amazing.

But one thing that annoys me is that the game kind of leaves a lot of potential on the table. All the sex seems to be transactional. T'riss just jerks you off because it helps the mission. And you trick her to get her to blow you. Even though you grind affection points I never get the feeling her affection for the MC actually increases. Same with others like Nimhe. She only bangs the MC because you pay her with an AI core. Even if its not supposed to be a romance game, they dont really seem to get horny either.
And like in princess and tower all the training happens offscreen. Slowly training T'riss to deepthroat you over the course of a few evenings? No, you just give her a dildo and a few days later she shows you what she can do. Same with the slave training with the Krell.

Im sorry if I come off harsh. But I like this game, and I want to love this game. I hope you can add too the sex scenes and training a bit more.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
This game is really neat. The exploration is amazing, I like the gameplay, even if it can be grindy, and the character design and modeling is amazing.

But one thing that annoys me is that the game kind of leaves a lot of potential on the table. All the sex seems to be transactional. T'riss just jerks you off because it helps the mission. And you trick her to get her to blow you. Even though you grind affection points I never get the feeling her affection for the MC actually increases. Same with others like Nimhe. She only bangs the MC because you pay her with an AI core. Even if its not supposed to be a romance game, they dont really seem to get horny either.
And like in princess and tower all the training happens offscreen. Slowly training T'riss to deepthroat you over the course of a few evenings? No, you just give her a dildo and a few days later she shows you what she can do. Same with the slave training with the Krell.

Im sorry if I come off harsh. But I like this game, and I want to love this game. I hope you can add too the sex scenes and training a bit more.
Glad you like the game so far and I appreciate the suggestions.

A few notes on that:
  • Training progress with T'Ris.
    I felt there were already too many stages as there were ( HJ->HJ naked->Facial->... etc)
    I briefly thought about making a kind of SDT minigame but then decided against it
  • Transactional Sex:
    Isn't it always in one way or another?
    Joking aside: The personality of Cpt. Jim is kind of Guybrush Threepwood-ish (if you remember that game), so all the girls falling for him in a super chad way would be out of character.
    That being said, Moira is the first who will take a liking to our hero in a MILF/Cougar kind of way in V1.30 forward I think.
    For the others (T'Ris, Khelara, Seraphine) transactional is the right way to go imho.
    Nimhe is not so clear, as she has some kind of weird fetishes...if her motivation is mostly that, she will focus on the fetish objects more than any real LI...
    With V's personality I struggle to clearly differentiate it, as I basically have two hyper rational female characters (which I personally like) on board now (V going more in the superiority complex 7o9 direction, T'Ris in the 'we are more civilized' Vulcan way...). Still need to think about it.
    V was originally designed to be some more sinister personality (think Lifeforce), occupying part of the ship for her own purposes and only cooperating when it suited her but I pivoted that around 0.7 towards 7o9-ish behaviour (as domming the MC would have been a bit much...).
    Romance might be possible / in character with some side characters (Verity, Ylyee, ...) though
  • Stat Mechanics:
    APP is used as a kind of "Master Key" to unlock SLU, SUB, EXH branches, so its not a dedicated romance stat (that would be AFFection, which i didn't implement so far, not sure I will...)
  • On/Offscreen Training:
    I like the offscreen way(such as Akabur has used in his PT game) for "off-ship" training steps (like a theater play, where the 'outside' actions are implied only). I personally prefer running those scenarios in my head (even the anims would not be in there if I made the game for myself) but I know there is a percentage of players who prefer more obvious visualization. That's why I settled for at least anims of sex scenes to increase the appeal of the game.
That was a longer answer than I thought, but it sometimes helps to reflect on game design aspects by writing them down. Hope it was of some interest.
No word on V1.30 DOA in case you wonder. I have not resumed coding post 1.20.

Will still take months for any new version. Might post some news on Patreon in a week or two.
Thanks for the suggestions in any case!
y.v.

Last edited:

Test279

Sep 4, 2019
Hi yv0751, great to hear from you. I hope you are recovering well and hope to see you back in action soon. :)

Thank you for the insight into the characters, it's good to hear the thought processes of developing their personalities.

I was assuming that T'Ris was of the defrosting Icequeen stereotype and eventually started genuinely liking the MC since they share the same quest. Surprised to hear that their relationship will stay transactional. I was thinking maybe T'Ris would eventually initiate some of the encounters. Might be fun to change it around a bit.

Nimhe, Khelara and Seraphine's approach makes sense. Looking forward to seeing how Dr. Moira goes after our lovable Captain. :D

V I was never too fond of, maybe due to limited interactions and the fact she's always naked. I find it off-putting and out of place although I get she's a swarm construct.

The off-screen training makes sense, are you planning on adding that for all the girls?

Looking forward to seeing the next iteration.

RickL

Sep 22, 2019
Hi yv, cant wait to see you back, but take care first.

I love your game.

What I'd like to discover in the future ?
- a scene for the T'Ris' Pirate Outpost Pet Walk,
- the opening of the 1st floor at the Pirate Outpost Cantina,
- little interaction with the barmaid,
- a pageant and/or a ponygirl race in the Krell sector (with Nimhe in it ? :p),

It will always be a great moment.
At every update, the same question : "let's see what's new"
And I always start at Day 1, don't want to miss a potentially added scene.

See you soon
Best regards

Reactions: Test279 and yv0751

asdasdasdad

Sep 11, 2017
Thanks for the detailed reply.
I felt there were already too many stages as there were ( HJ->HJ naked->Facial->... etc)
If you write it out like that I can see where you're coming from, but it doesn't feel grindy/overdrawn because you can get the new scenes one after another. Its not like some other games in which you have to do the clothed handjob 10x, then the naked HJ 10x, then facial 10x, etc. (all the while you have to either play through the whole day or constantly skip time). Here you get something new every time, and at that point i was mining for money anyway. What I like in trainers (and it does feel like one since you have those stats youre slowly increasing) is that you slowly see change in the girl youre training. Training T'riss into a blowjob pro would be pretty hot.

Joking aside: The personality of Cpt. Jim is kind of Guybrush Threepwood-ish (if you remember that game), so all the girls falling for him in a super chad way would be out of character.
You can have a girl fall in love with the guy because he still gets things done, even if he he does it in rather unconventional ways. Jim might not be the most competent pilot or captain, but he got the ship online, got V operational, got his hands on precursor map pieces, recruited other crewmates, etc. His skills might be lacking, but he still gets shit done even if it isnt following valoran (or whatever Triss is) military protocol. I guess you could kind of compare it to a tsundere that starts out thinking "oh god this guy is stupid I hope I can dump his ass" to "I thought he was stupid but he is trying his best in his own way and he's a pretty standup guy"

APP is used as a kind of "Master Key" to unlock SLU, SUB, EXH branches, so its not a dedicated romance stat (that would be AFFection, which i didn't implement so far, not sure I will...)
For some reason APP turned into AFF in my head, no idea how that happened.

Reactions: Test279

drswagwaggon

Jul 20, 2023
I am having issues progressing Khelara, I have progressed as far as I can so far with all the other characters. But Khelara still refuses to wear the "revealing uniform." T'ris and Nimhe both have worn theirs for several days and still nothing happens.
Khelara will even wear the Krill uniform, which is practically wearing nothing, whenever I select her to. However, the revealing uniform is too much for her?
App:15
Exhib:10
Slut:15
Can someone help me?

Last edited:

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2drswagwaggon

Racy uniform Khelara • To convince Khelara to wear the racy uniform you need to gain her appreciation • After a successful bounty mission or smuggling mission (both from Vigo) visit her in the engine room and she will commend you. Alternatively you can also give her one Vortex per day for APP. • Once her APP is 3+, chat with her in her room. She will agree to wear the racy uniform. • Get her the uniform (Shady) and have her try it on it in her quarters • Let her wear the uniform until her EXH reaches 4 ( 2 x 3 days)

Revealing uniform Khelara • Give Khelara a revealing uniform (buy at Shady), which she rejects • Have Nimhe and T’Ris wear the revealing uniforms for 3 days to give Khelara the chance to see that • After a hallway encounter with T’Ris (go to H1 in the morning after orders when T’Ris wears a revealing uniform for the day), Khelara will agree to wear the revealing uniform if you give it to her smt about less than 18 oclock

Reactions: yv0751

drswagwaggon

Jul 20, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2drswagwaggon

Racy uniform Khelara • To convince Khelara to wear the racy uniform you need to gain her appreciation • After a successful bounty mission or smuggling mission (both from Vigo) visit her in the engine room and she will commend you. Alternatively you can also give her one Vortex per day for APP. • Once her APP is 3+, chat with her in her room. She will agree to wear the racy uniform. • Get her the uniform (Shady) and have her try it on it in her quarters • Let her wear the uniform until her EXH reaches 4 ( 2 x 3 days)

Revealing uniform Khelara • Give Khelara a revealing uniform (buy at Shady), which she rejects • Have Nimhe and T’Ris wear the revealing uniforms for 3 days to give Khelara the chance to see that • After a hallway encounter with T’Ris (go to H1 in the morning after orders when T’Ris wears a revealing uniform for the day), Khelara will agree to wear the revealing uniform if you give it to her smt about less than 18 oclock
I have done everything exactly as is... I keep getting the same message from her, "you can keep that." I have not seen the hallway encounter either.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
First off, y.v., it's great to hear back from you! We are all looking forward to the next game update. Unfortunately, the longer you stay out, the more time you have to think up things to add to the front end of the game to facilitate later quests and plot twists. A complete restart for the first several updates is annoying, but not uncommon. ( just don't try to compete with Summertime Saga or Witch Silver Trainer in that category, . . . )

I don't know if any of the sex with other crew members is truly transactional. With Tris, it seems like she's on the cusp of her own sexual awakening. After living in a society that repressed sexuality and other emotions in favor of logic, she's been cut off from her civilization with it's constant reinforcement to conform and it's echo chamber of supposed superiority. Tris is coming out of her shell.

Vee is in a similar situation. She has been cut off from the Swarm hive mind and put into a humanoid shell with all of the biological sensory inputs inherent thereof. She isn't just emerging from her shell, Vee is evolving into her own independent lifeform. ( Speaking of shells, I'm surprised that Nimhe hasn't closely studied the Vee construct and developed a psuedo Vee shell, maybe with some 7of9 flourishes, . . . )

I think you pegged Dr. Moira right with the MILF/Cougar persona. Now you just need to throw in some kinkyness! Get the MC to strip down and run a "thorough?" physical exam. "Accidentally" spill her drink on him and insist on getting him into the shower to assist him in getting washed. Playing "mommy" and breastfeeding the MC. Several cosplay scenarios such as taking him for a "pet walk" in Krell space, MC in a cowsuit and the good doctor as a milkmaid, MC in a Godzilla outfit and Dr Moira ering a miniature of Tokyo costume, ( Thank Phil Foglio & Dixie for that idea)

Khelara appears to have an exhibitionist streak in her. Once they reopen the exercise, health and fitness unit, I can see Khelara continuing to workout in the altogether and inviting the MC to join her. There can be massage/masseuse opportnities in the gym too. (Maybe Tris can join them?) Khelara will still insist on being compensated for wearing a revealing uniform, but when she's on her own time, she is self confident enough to wear or not wear whatever she damn well chooses!

I think that Ylyee should be added as a Passenger/Crew member by order of the Voron Council as an Ambassador/Science Consultant as the ship ventures into little known space. Payment to the ship could be in the form of a ship upgrade to say Infernium Plated armor. She already accepted exotic dancing in the Itari system as a way of competing her mission. It would be interesting to see what else she's willing to do.

Seraphine has already shown an inclination to be a submissive while on the holodeck. That needs to be explored further. She's already shown herself to be an overprotected, spoiled brat, . . . maybe some "Daddy" issues?

Nimhe has already shown that she's into bondage and ponyplay, both of which have yet to be properly explored. What other fetishes is she going to diplay next? ( I'm voting for WAM and nyotaimori, . . . )

We've already spoken about Verity being a trouble magnet and popping up as a recurring DID. Of course she will have to properly reward her rescuer.

All of the females on board are strong personalities in their own individual rights. I think you have it right in that they are all not going to fall passionately in lust with the MC, (except maybe Seraphine). I think it much more likely that they would discuss it amongst themselves and decide to make him their boytoy and conspire to let him think that he's in charge. At least until his personal sexbot obtains more memory cubes, . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Test279 and tianzi

leowalter

Oct 9, 2018
Hey y.v.,
So far I've been really enjoying your game. I'm gonna be honest I haven't checked if it was reported before in the 155 pages, but I have a small bug. I'm currently in the Xenos system and next quest is the archive cube. I took a few missions to farm money for equipment, but all the missions with the location of the Library of Xenos can not be done/handed in. It always promts with the three map fragments instead of the active missions. I've attached the savegame, if you need it.
L.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey y.v.,
So far I've been really enjoying your game. I'm gonna be honest I haven't checked if it was reported before in the 155 pages, but I have a small bug. I'm currently in the Xenos system and next quest is the archive cube. I took a few missions to farm money for equipment, but all the missions with the location of the Library of Xenos can not be done/handed in. It always promts with the three map fragments instead of the active missions. I've attached the savegame, if you need it.
L.
I can help you with this.

This is a known issue. Here's a temporary patch for now, until yv0751 gets back on his feet/is cleared by the doctors. He's fine, just going though stuff.

Patch details here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/space-journey-x-v1-20-11-y-v.146723/post-12676724

Hope this helps!

Sumarongi

Apr 4, 2018
Not sure if it is a bug, or just me being a dumbass. But when I gave T'Ris another Clothing Kit (When she was at her sluttiest look) and it set her back to her starter "free uniform" look. Attempts to give her the item again are met with the standard denial from it. "T'Ris: I do not see any need for that>" "MC: Fine; Hmmm..., T'Ris isn't ready for that yet..." (I have waited a great many in game days, trained her more etc, still says the same thing regardless.)

Not a huge issue since I could roll it back with an auto-save, but it is one I noticed. If you need a save file I'll see if I still have it, this was a bit ago, I was reading the forum just now and thought of it.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Not sure if it is a bug, or just me being a dumbass. But when I gave T'Ris another Clothing Kit (When she was at her sluttiest look) and it set her back to her starter "free uniform" look. Attempts to give her the item again are met with the standard denial from it. "T'Ris: I do not see any need for that>" "MC: Fine; Hmmm..., T'Ris isn't ready for that yet..." (I have waited a great many in game days, trained her more etc, still says the same thing regardless.)

Not a huge issue since I could roll it back with an auto-save, but it is one I noticed. If you need a save file I'll see if I still have it, this was a bit ago, I was reading the forum just now and thought of it.
Thanks, will add it to the bug list, that seems like one.

Will be one of the collected issues to address once I resume the coding work.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes