4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee, I've already got Nimhe churing out Protector shells. What I wanted to know is whether or not I could craft a Protector bot body and personality or if I have to depend on capturing space finds?
I'm not understanding your question. AFAIK a protector is just a bot with a protector shell, obviously I'm missing something here.

RemoraDFC

Dec 7, 2017
Additionally, personalities can be changed. With the top tier brain cortex, you gain ability to add personality mods. Which in plain language, means you get to re-roll a personality attribute for example. So using that method you could potentially turn a Athletic Space Marine, into a Nympho Celebrity. Or something else.

Maybe that is what your asking about?

Unless your refering to the physical bot bodies. Which you can find rarely in space battle loot drops, but are easier to build yourself using parts from Bot Crates.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Additionally, personalities can be changed. With the top tier brain cortex, you gain ability to add personality mods. Which in plain language, means you get to re-roll a personality attribute for example. So using that method you could potentially turn a Athletic Space Marine, into a Nympho Celebrity. Or something else.

Maybe that is what your asking about?
Isn't that what cubes are for?

Feb 5, 2018
OhWee, I've already got Nimhe churing out Protector shells. What I wanted to know is whether or not I could craft a Protector bot body and personality or if I have to depend on capturing space finds?
Is Nimhe making Protector shells or just upgrading them? Currently she should only create Type-J shells.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I'm not understanding your question. AFAIK a protector is just a bot with a protector shell, obviously I'm missing something here.
When you space find a Protector bot it has an attribute of "Devoted" and a personality of "Protector" regardless of what shell you put on it. If you put a Protector shell on a Palace Mistress bot the attributes, traits and personality, (and limitations). all remain that of a Palace Mistress. What I was asking was whether you can roll up a Devoted attribute and a Protector personality. Right now, I can only upgrade existing Protector personalities that I captured in a space find

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
I have been traveling the Quthor system trying to get one of the new Elite bots / cortexes or new shell. No luck yet. It sounds as though they mainly drop from combat encounters. I know some enjoy the combat, and I don't want to take that away from them... but I am not one of them. Is there a code to auto-win or something comparable? This is just absorbing time I'd rather spend tinkering with a new bot. Thanks.

Feb 5, 2018
When you space find a Protector bot it has an attribute of "Devoted" and a personality of "Protector" regardless of what shell you put on it. If you put a Protector shell on a Palace Mistress bot the attributes, traits and personality, (and limitations). all remain that of a Palace Mistress. What I was asking was whether you can roll up a Devoted attribute and a Protector personality. Right now, I can only upgrade existing Protector personalities that I captured in a space find
I, personally, have rolled up 2 Protector bots without shells but they had poor stats. y.v. said that was very rare. Because V1.20 was not completed before y.v. became ill, trying to upgrade using cubes does not work correctly. Elite AI Cores are upgradable to Precursor Elite AI Cores. In doing that with one I ended up with average stats and 4 Traits. Attempts to upgrade Traits reduced Traits to 2 every time.

Reactions: Nopenopeno

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
I, personally, have rolled up 2 Protector bots without shells but they had poor stats. y.v. said that was very rare. Because V1.20 was not completed before y.v. became ill, trying to upgrade using cubes does not work correctly. Elite AI Cores are upgradable to Precursor Elite AI Cores. In doing that with one I ended up with average stats and 4 Traits. Attempts to upgrade Traits reduced Traits to 2 every time.
Thats balancing stuff for later on, gotta add some content and ships stuff first, plus we have our mod god on here as well
with their powers combined this game is sure to succeed

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: OhWee

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I have been traveling the Quthor system trying to get one of the new Elite bots / cortexes or new shell. No luck yet. It sounds as though they mainly drop from combat encounters. I know some enjoy the combat, and I don't want to take that away from them... but I am not one of them. Is there a code to auto-win or something comparable? This is just absorbing time I'd rather spend tinkering with a new bot. Thanks.
Cortex and some Shells can be bought by random encounters in the 75-100% region
But body parts can currently only be salvaged from protector bots gained in Combat

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
not a mod but i suggest you using collapsar torpedoes when fighting a lot of enemies, just move to one side then back to make them pack together so you can have a good shot that may take down up to 4 ships with one torpedo, voron are a bit weaker but will do almost quite good

try not to use your last AP to move ship to cover (behind some asteroid that blocks line of sight) before ending your turn to get an AP refresh (having 6 AP is a must though), can use voron shield cloaking if there are no asteoids also but needs a recharge time after i think (i'm not used to need it yet)

can get collapsar torpedoes from void wormhole mining on anomalies detected by Vee if have her scanning for them as daily task

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
EXCITED FOR THE NEXT UPDATE !!
Heads Up:
Work on my patreon will resume next week most likely.
I will make a public post next week. Release cycle will be expanded to two months (as my previous schedule was crazy), that is a DEV month (mechanics update only) for testers and then a release month (quests and NSFW added).

Moseph1984

Jul 29, 2020
Glad you like the game so far.

Khelara (and Ylyee) have more story content planned. Shady so far not, so that could be a suitable custom shell.In case you Want to do the body of Shady yourself in DAZ:
  • Genesis 8 Female
  • Toon Princess Morph with 60% on Head and Body
  • Queen of The Nile Hair
the response is appreciated, thank you.

are there any characters besides shady without more content planned? i was looking at belit, but i assume there's stuff in the future for her.

i'll look into possibly getting daz, thanks.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
You can apparently only get the bot containers in the Quthor system for the Protector bots by taking on the Drengarian pirates. I got mine by saving just before the "passage" encounter and replaying it until I got the correct bot containers. After you have defeated the pirates and go in to loot the wreckage, it will not always give you a bot container and you may have to back out of the looting and "rerolling" the looting until a bot container drops. The lower percent survival (48%?) can potentially drop two bots and the higher percentage survival (71%?) will normally only drop one.

The last time that I ws able to get the protector bots, I had to go back to my save 4 times. At current point, I have been able to salvage 7 Protector bots and 2 of them had Gen 3 Military Precursor Cortical Cores. I was able to upgrade those 2 to over 90,000,000 credit evaluations. I could possibly get up to over 100,000,000 if I could equip them with elite oral, bondage, anal, special and vaginal talent boosters. So far I have only been able to get the elite boosters by buying them for 5,000,000 each from the Quthor space yacht, ( 1 potential encounter/day) Hardly seems worth it since we will probably have to start all over again next update.

Arheme

Aug 23, 2021
You can apparently only get the bot containers in the Quthor system for the Protector bots by taking on the Drengarian pirates. I got mine by saving just before the "passage" encounter and replaying it until I got the correct bot containers. After you have defeated the pirates and go in to loot the wreckage, it will not always give you a bot container and you may have to back out of the looting and "rerolling" the looting until a bot container drops. The lower percent survival (48%?) can potentially drop two bots and the higher percentage survival (71%?) will normally only drop one.

The last time that I ws able to get the protector bots, I had to go back to my save 4 times. At current point, I have been able to salvage 7 Protector bots and 2 of them had Gen 3 Military Precursor Cortical Cores. I was able to upgrade those 2 to over 90,000,000 credit evaluations. I could possibly get up to over 100,000,000 if I could equip them with elite oral, bondage, anal, special and vaginal talent boosters. So far I have only been able to get the elite boosters by buying them for 5,000,000 each from the Quthor space yacht, ( 1 potential encounter/day) Hardly seems worth it since we will probably have to start all over again next update.
There are also Protector bots with an ELITE Precursor Cortex, but the body parts are hard to get especially the torso.

lazyman54321

Oct 18, 2018
Heads Up:
Work on my patreon will resume next week most likely.
I will make a public post next week. Release cycle will be expanded to two months (as my previous schedule was crazy), that is a DEV month (mechanics update only) for testers and then a release month (quests and NSFW added).
glad youre feeling better youre one of the top developers on this site

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Banner Post  SJX.png

DEV-Log Feb-19 - Space Journey X Development Resumed!

Hi,

I am happy to announce that development for SJX will be resumed.
I have done some work on 1.30 already (more to that in separate posts).

Looking forward to complete SJX (roadmap post soon...)

In case of question, please let me know.

y.v.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes