4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

GlassMi

Mar 30, 2023
yv0751 Thanks, I haven't checked out the walkthrough, will look over it.

So how much more is planned for this game to be expanded, are you planning an official release, any noteworthy dates? Or just point me to info about those stuff?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I mean, it doesn't have to be green. You could also play around with color saturation and maybe get something that doesn't look zombie or corpse like. There is also Bajoran with cute nose ridges that don't stray too far from human, which might turn some people off.

Edit: Ah shit, sorry, I previously posted in the wrong thread. I follow both your threads, hence the confusion.
Khelara here has some mild forehead ridges... ;)
Something of that kind I will add also to future humanoid aliens.

Tried reptilian and some DAZ aliens, they all creeped me out.
So it will be something like subdued trekkie kind of humanoid and I'll do the morphs myself in blender....

character_concepts_k.jpg

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Game is developing great but I hope when finished (1.0) it will have much, much more lewd content then Princes and Tower. As much as first game was enjoyable and well executed it fell empty in nsfw content and not rewarding enough. Here we have even more characters and I hope we will not stop on each character having only 1xHJ, 1xBJ, 1xAnal, etc.
I agree it is nice to see multiple sex acts instead of a linear escalation (is that the best way to describe it?:unsure:), and I think we are seeing that implemented well here with the variation in handjobs and bjs. I would like to more devs breaking away from the almost formulaic progression (handy, bj, vag, and then anal), but game-wise, I see why they stick to it. One thing I would caution on is the more nsfw content. As crazy as it sounds, there is too much of a good thing. There have been times playing some games when after the x-th sex scene, I have thought to myself, "man, I wish they would have halved the number scenes and increased the quality." It really is a balancing act in my opinion, you want it to be still rewarding, novel, and exciting, while having enough content to keep people engaged.

Reactions: Jarul

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
combat.jpg

Here is a screen shot from a space combat feature I implemented for V0.5.
(I like hex field games but coding the hex grid and wrapping your head around cube coordinates is something...)
Here are the main features
  • Turn based combat
  • Subsystem damage once your shield is gone
  • Loot collection
  • Load-out management

I hope this makes space encounters more interactive and not just a wall of text.
Tactics are basic to begin with in V0.5 but will definitely be built upon.

V0.5 will be publicly released around 15.05 (currently in Early Access on Patreon)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Is it possible to find V in 0.4? I found the camera but I'm stuck after that.
Nevermind I see that's 0.5
I had to push V content back as I overextended myself a bit with all the new mechanics in V0.5.
V will have a grand re-entry in V0.6

Reactions: PerfectAwful

Epicuren

May 10, 2017
Can someone post a 0.4 compatible save at the end of 0.3 content? I really hate starting over again. I wish developers would supply saves when they break save compatibility.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Can someone post a 0.4 compatible save at the end of 0.3 content? I really hate starting over again. I wish developers would supply saves when they break save compatibility.
I think that it will be unlikely that anyone will now have a end of V0.3 save.
(The changes are that since we had to start a new game with v0.4
they (like me) would properly have over-written the old saves)
And as they were some changes to some earlier events ,
my advice is bite the bullet, and start a new game.

Good luck and enjoy the game,

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I think that it will be unlikely that anyone will now have a end of V0.3 save.
(The changes are that since we had to start a new game with v0.4
they (like me) would properly have over-written the old saves)
And as they were some changes to some earlier events ,
my advice is bite the bullet, and start a new game.

Good luck and enjoy the game,
This issue poses a well-known technical dilemma for every developer (or at least for me) but it will be addressed in several ways from V0.4 going forward
  1. Item transfer "game element" introduced in V0.4, so you can send some items into your next version
  2. Extension of 1.) to include your best bots in V0.5
  3. Resume Points (like in Princess) which will be available from V0.6
With 1&2, you can restart "bootstrapped" with up to 5 mil in gear + bots if you do it in a clever way.
Of course 3 is more convenient and more of what you had in mind.

Also: Up to V0.6 new events and scenes are introduced also in the early game for a little replay incentive, so you would miss all of those if you chose "continue".
But its clear that, as the game grows, this is not an ideal approach and sth like 3.) is more convenient.

Reactions: Jarul and MarsUltor

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
This issue poses a well-known technical dilemma for every developer (or at least for me) but it will be addressed in several ways from V0.4 going forward
  1. Item transfer "game element" introduced in V0.4, so you can send some items into your next version
  2. Extension of 1.) to include your best bots in V0.5
  3. Resume Points (like in Princess) which will be available from V0.6
With 1&2, you can restart "bootstrapped" with up to 5 mil in gear + bots if you do it in a clever way.
Of course 3 is more convenient and more of what you had in mind.

Also: Up to V0.6 new events and scenes are introduced also in the early game for a little replay incentive, so you would miss all of those if you chose "continue".
But its clear that, as the game grows, this is not an ideal approach and sth like 3.) is more convenient.
Hi, quick question,
When using the "Hyper Pod" for the second time, will the game overwrite/replace the old jason file ?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hi, quick question,
When using the "Hyper Pod" for the second time, will the game overwrite/replace the old jason file ?
If you use the new pod you gained in ylyee quest in a game, any existing multiverse_pod.json will be overwritten.
Its assumed what you have in your new game is better than what you came with into ;)

You can save the old file elsewhere though and reactivate it if necessary.

Reactions: Ahchi

Epicuren

May 10, 2017
Are you saying that in 0.5 and in 0.6 we are still going to need to start over again, or miss events that you plan to add in early game? In that case I will wait until 0.6 to play again.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
From patreon page

Hi,
today I added the last change to V0.5 EA2, a sort & filter function for the bot parts manager and tested the six implemented bugfixes.
I'll package the Early Access 2 tomorrow and can release it 25th evening, one day ahead of plan.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Hi,
please find the download links for V0.5a EA2 below.
This release should be save game compatible with V0.5 EA1.
*** To be sure, use saves where you are in Captain's Cabin or Bridge, not deep inside some mini-game and definitely not inside BOT configurator ***
Changes V0.5a (EA2) vs V0.5 (EA1)
  • CR-0214 / V0.5a / Bug / Mission assignment at bar crashes when player lacks the signing fee
  • CR-0215 / V0.5a / Bug / Mission nav point (75) vanishing (after pickup of Ylyee’s crate at same loc)
  • CR-0216 / V0.5a / GUI / Reworked weapons and shields items in combat mini game
  • CR-0241 / V0.5a / Bug / Crash in maintenance window if torpedos selection is aborted
  • CR-0242 / V0.5a / Bug / Remove confusing 3 bot tokens in cargo window when retrieving pod
  • CR-0243 / V0.5a / Bug / Bot sales not logged correctly (wrong sales module used)
  • CR-0244 / V0.5a / Bug / Bot orders not renewing
  • CR-0246 / V0.5a / GUI / Filter options for bot parts manager

Reactions: Radian_47
Feb 5, 2018
So is combat going to be turn based, is it hull points and shield points or just shields. Kinda curious as to how it's going to fit togather. Turn based combat with initiative from engines dosent seem all that bad. It be interesting to have normal random battles at locations with chances for elite enemies that drop rare ship components as salvage.

Speaking of salvage that's an interesting concept as opposed to just simply mining. Using a tractor beam instead of a mining laser to get scrap you can break down into components to sell or use. Although having to many complex systems in a game could very well get to overwhelming for you to do.
Speaking as a player who is beta testing, battles drop better and/or more loot depending on the difficulty and including the possibility of rare items. For me, the game is very enjoyable and y.v. reads and answers questions and comments.

Feb 5, 2018
What's the quickest way to make money? I need 200k for the hack thing and to pay her?
For me, both involve random encounters. First, Complete the Delivery Missions give decent money plus Reputation. Later in the game with a bigger space for cargo, I have gotten 250,000 for the cost of 3 hours of game time. Second, the Scrap Trader is a place to buy low and resell at the station. I think I have seen an Uplink in there at times. Inventory there is random. Hyperdrives are 325,000 and sell at 450,000 to give you an example of cost and profitability. Lesser items have the same ratios, I think.

tianzi

Jul 18, 2018
A small suggestion: There's a couple of renders in the game right now you can't really get a good look at - namely on the magazine and the poster. Would be nice to add a way to get a closer, clearer view of them since you've gone to the work of creating them.

It might also be fun to find new issues/pages for the magazine if the above is implemented, since you could use them for some more creative or random renders that don't fit into the main content.

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Erg, n here I was hoping v.5 would be dropping early may. 15th is ok though still in may so still an update per month. Aa for the combat grid X systems are acually 6x7 better then grid H systems with 8x9. (For those who dont play enough board games that's out of 7 cells you can be attacked by 6 cells, and out of 9 you get 8)

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes