4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Weird that this update isn't listed in Latest Updates.
I think that's becase yv updated the post himself, but it takes a moderator to bump it's date.
The fix is to report the thread so a mod knows to update it (I'll do that after I post this :p )
got a bug I think, when I take a mission from the bar and try to deliver the wares to whatever point, the only message I get is that he hase nothing to do there at the moment. I simply can't do missions no matter what
Haven't gotten far in the new update, but IIrc correctly from earlier posts in this thread, you need to make the delivery on the exact day (can't do it early)
Seriously need to make a game plan and stick to it, "saves wont work" every time is getting old.
:FacePalm:
Seriously, what part of 'in development' do you not get?

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Seriously, what part of 'in development' do you not get?
Seriously?

Most every single game in the latest games and updates list is 'in development' and for the majority of those games you can load your previous save and continue on.

Any game that's continuously saying "You need to start a new game" and hasn't already implemented a "start with the new stuff" option s an outlier in a negative direction.

Reactions: P4rz1v4l and cuzidu

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
got a bug I think, when I take a mission from the bar and try to deliver the wares to whatever point, the only message I get is that he hase nothing to do there at the moment. I simply can't do missions no matter what
You cannot deliver early for transport missions, only on the exact requested day (indicates "Mission Due" in your left side widget)
Bounty missions can be done anytime prior to the due date.

Last edited:

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
The issue with saves is easly the combat in this update, new stuff with changed resources any save will use, easly means start from scratch. Yea I get it's a pain however this game really isnt enough of a game yet, so it's not hard to just grind back to were last update ended.

Also those games your talking about, 90% of them had the same deal for the first few updates sheesh this is what the 3rd update for this game, dont expect that kinda stability till a game as least 1/3 complete.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
yv0751 I have found this bug:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The file 7-1-LT1.save is a little before this bug, You must finish the farewell scene with Ylyee for the bug to occur.

I hope I was helpful
Thanks for the save.
That's actually a hidden coding flaw with the location history tracking that in 99.9% of all game states has no effect.
I don't want to get too deep under the hood with a patch and rather fix it properly with V0.6.
Can't still explain why in thousands of hours of play by many players this has never occurred.
(I assume you didn't use URM or some mod that might screw up game states?)

Anyway:

Workaround:
- I loaded your save,
- pressed back a few times until I was in the bridge again,
- left bridge out to hallway, (incidentally some quest cutscene is shown at that time as designed, enjoy...),
- went back on the bridge,
- got back into space,
- clicked nav point again and everything works fine.

Congrats on your game progress btw. Released yesterday and already 2 Mio Credits ;) and almost mission complete.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
Really appreciate the pace of updates and the step up in quality of lewd content from Princess and the Tower. Subscribed on Patreon!

Hope you figure out the long term save compatibility thing a bit better though.

Reactions: yv0751

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Sometimes I'll have a pending repair in the hallway, but there's no way to do the repair. The bit of floor plating doesn't outline so there's no way to use the wrench on it.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Sometimes I'll have a pending repair in the hallway, but there's no way to do the repair. The bit of floor plating doesn't outline so there's no way to use the wrench on it.
There's 2 spots for floor repair.
Straight down from left edge of bridge door.
Or against the left wall, just past capt quarters.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Really appreciate the pace of updates and the step up in quality of lewd content from Princess and the Tower. Subscribed on Patreon!

Hope you figure out the long term save compatibility thing a bit better though.
Glad you like the game.
V0.6 will have predefined resume points and bot transfer.
V0.6 is code complete since today, Early access on patreon will start in about a week.

Feb 5, 2018
Missions from the bar are "just in time" deliveries and can only be completed on the stated day. Bounty Missions can be completed any time.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Looking forward to this one. Still refusing to play until it gets a good amount of content. Hope you don't abandon it ^_^

Godspeed.

Feb 5, 2018
Seriously need to make a game plan and stick to it, "saves wont work" every time is getting old.
If you had any idea of what y.v. is doing, you would understand why saves are incompatible. The aforementioned "sparks" is an example that required a file structure change. The same incompatibility thing happens to those of us beta testing. Could it be done? Probably. But there would be far fewer full version updates; perhaps only 1 or 2 a year. Support him on Patreon and you can see some of the behind the scenes things that are happening.

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
Tried to use the 'multiverse' pod in Mac. However, although the game claimed that it had been created and the items stored vanished, I could not located the *.json file in the 'game' folder. In fact, I could not find it anywhere.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Tried to use the 'multiverse' pod in Mac. However, although the game claimed that it had been created and the items stored vanished, I could not located the *.json file in the 'game' folder. In fact, I could not find it anywhere.
Thats a known OSX issue sorry.

I lazily saved the data into the game directory (inside the ".-app" folder on the mac and the game folder on win, i.e. the folder called 'game' inside the game install folder).

Win doesn't care, but OSX does not take kindly to that...
In V0.5 only OSX workaround is drag the app to the desktop, open game, create your pod file and retrieve it from inside the .app with "view package contents" (I'll probably burn in coder hell for that...)

Fixed cleanly in V0.6, where it pulls the savedir and automatically accesses that in new installs.

Steppenwolf

Jul 30, 2017
Thanks for the save.
That's actually a hidden coding flaw with the location history tracking that in 99.9% of all game states has no effect.
I don't want to get too deep under the hood with a patch and rather fix it properly with V0.6.
Can't still explain why in thousands of hours of play by many players this has never occurred.
(I assume you didn't use URM or some mod that might screw up game states?)

Anyway:

Workaround:
- I loaded your save,
- pressed back a few times until I was in the bridge again,
- left bridge out to hallway, (incidentally some quest cutscene is shown at that time as designed, enjoy...),
- went back on the bridge,
- got back into space,
- clicked nav point again and everything works fine.

Congrats on your game progress btw. Released yesterday and already 2 Mio Credits ;) and almost mission complete.

Thanks for the workaround, I already did that before posting the bug report :p
...and no I don't use any kind of mods. I know reporting a bug when I'm using a modded game don't make any sense.
You don't know how a mod can screw-up the code and the game variables...

...and, since we're on the subject, congratulations on the well done code. Just one bug after hours of playing is nothing and the code is kind complex too, with classes and a plethora of variables to track. I can easily see that you have a very clear mind trained in coding.... o_O

About the money... My multiverse pod from v0.4 helped and quite a lot and, true to be told, I cheated a bit scrolling back and fort the game until I had the encounter I want (the merchant and the Itari transport mission).
That said once you have shipped a bot to the arcade money are not a problem anymore. What is slowing me down is the crew training and stress/mood micro management, but I don't mind too much.

So, yeah I like this game... a lot! ...and if I can be cheeky, I would prefer the training reward scenes to be a bit longer, I think it's more fulfilling for the player after all that grinding. I'm referring in particular to exhibitionism scene of Tris walking around the station. (is just my personal opinion)

Thanks for the game and your hard work.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
The multi-verse pod, hmm, not sure I am using it properly a when I tried to put everything in the pod, I couldn't carry all the stuff to the cargo hold, so I had to leave the cargo bay with 2 rows so I had enough inventory space to carry everything. Then the wt tells you to have enough cargo space before you collect the mv pod which means you got to spend a few hours or so in your new game getting enough credits to buy two rows of cargo space and two rows of engine power, not to mention the row of mining energy so you can make the credits to buy these things.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes