4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
EDIT: ...Ok after numerous tries waiting 2 days after sexing the Jennings clone again I finally triggered it
Jennings?
Who do you think that bot was inspired by?
Because my first thought was 'Janeway'.

Khylara is clearly B'Elana. (Batleth on the wall of her quarters)

Since yv seems to favor Voyager... I'm kinda hoping the next crewmember will be named something along the lines of '9 of 7' ;)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Jennings?
Who do you think that bot was inspired by?
Because my first thought was 'Janeway'.

Khylara is clearly B'Elana. (Batleth on the wall of her quarters)

Since yv seems to favor Voyager... I'm kinda hoping the next crewmember will be named something along the lines of '9 of 7' ;)
Well I mean when I read "V" I thought he is a fan of the TV show of the same title... though the Story might be closer to Picard (TV show)

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Well I mean when I read "V" I thought he is a fan of the TV show of the same title... though the Story might be closer to Picard (TV show)
Ummm... I'm not seeing the parallels to Picard.
But, Voyager... Where their ship is thrown to the opposite side of the galaxy and they spend 7 seasons working their way home...
;)

If ya want to go really old school, we could toss in 'Lost in Space' (Original).

But yv is clearly drawing inspiration from Trek.

T'ris. Pointed ears, logical. Vulcan inspired. T'pol from Enterprise is first to my mind.
Khylara. Forehead ridges, engineer. B'Elana was the half klingon (forehead ridges) engineer on Voyager.
Ylyee is obviously inspired by Andorians (pale blue with antennae)
And the lizardman that sells weapons... the Gorn from Trek...

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
When Vigo says "Don't kill yourself." when you accept a Level 2 bounty, I think he means "Don't get yourself killed.". Maybe GalStandard English is not his first language ?

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
If you're somewhere in the upper deck of your ship, the "A" key (or clicking on the shortcut for the "A" key) will return you to your quarters and advance to morning. Is that close enough to a "skip" key for you ?

Umgah

Sep 26, 2016
Jeez, ungrateful much. People whining about saves. Ya do realize I can finish this game start to finish in 30 mins. (Not bragging, hardcore game hermit could do it in bloody less). That said, I really dont see the issue people have with a shorter game like this, I'd 100% understand if it were a long rpgm game but its not.
Let's do some simple math. This game has 1600+ likes. So let's assume that this means at least 1600 players would like to play the new version. So 30 minutes each... we get 800 hours wasted. In comparison, even if the author totally re-written most of game state logic it still likely to take no more than 8 hours to make a decent game version upgrade script for RenPy/Python code. So it's a) 8 hours for game author vs b) 800 hours for players. If the author picks b) then it means that author just doesn't care about players at all.

So far this "multiverse" module looks like a lame attempt to get away with the most trivial "fix" instead doing a proper fix (what is, once again, is not difficult to do).

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Ummm... I'm not seeing the parallels to Picard.
But, Voyager... Where their ship is thrown to the opposite side of the galaxy and they spend 7 seasons working their way home...
;)

If ya want to go really old school, we could toss in 'Lost in Space' (Original).

But yv is clearly drawing inspiration from Trek.

T'ris. Pointed ears, logical. Vulcan inspired. T'pol from Enterprise is first to my mind.
Khylara. Forehead ridges, engineer. B'Elana was the half klingon (forehead ridges) engineer on Voyager.
Ylyee is obviously inspired by Andorians (pale blue with antennae)
And the lizardman that sells weapons... the Gorn from Trek...
I mean the part about V especially... her being a Link to a Cyber race which MIGHT be interested in destroying organic life forms in order to help cyber lifeforms to thrive.... that scene about a place far far away kinda gave me that impression. the lost in space part was adressed by several shows... like Farscape, though like you said I see the parallels to Voyager aswell

Axterx

Jun 19, 2020
How do I trigger the bot lab secrets quest line and the final revealing practice walk scene?
For the first one, there's a link to the walkthrough in the first post.

For the walk scene, to unlock that gallery shot you need to take her walking in the Racy Uniform again, probably with a higher exhibition (worked for me at 7). She'll undo the bottom part rather than walk with the wedgie.

Reactions: ringo66

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
Hi yv0751

I played the 0.5 Version of Space Journey and had really fun with it. Nice CGs and I love BB-2 as a sidekick. Here is some stuff I noticed:

- Without the pdf walkthrough I would have never gotten the idea to look for the goblet in the captains quarters to get the MC drunk for the blowjob. Perhaps add that to the journal ingame.

- Maybe update the tooltip in the Gallery for the 2nd T'Ris exhibitionism event with the name of the 2nd uniform, as it says 'final' in the description, but there is another event with the 3rd uniform available. Had a little misunderstanding there.

- Cargo space is sufficient as long as you don't pick up trade quests. With 81 t max and a quest to transport 20 parts you directly loose 25 % of your space. If the quest is due in 1-2 days you need to already have the stuff accumulated in your cargo bay or be really lucky to be able to buy enough in the space station and running into the space trader. If the quest is due in 5 days you block 25 % of you space for a long time. A larger module (to buy) would be nice so you can store additional stuff and don't have to sell everything all the time. Otherwise a simplified weightsystem might help - it's a bit strange that the hyperdrive module is as heavy as an Energy Pod which you can evidently carry to Vee's pod. :)

- How and where do you use the Space Wars poster?

- Does the mood drop get reduced when the exhibitionism lvl of the crew member increases?

- I don't get how the worth of the bots is determined. After a lot of saving and loading I had a 4 star bot (Gen3, Military Grade) that was initially worth 250k and using the same module I got a 5 star bot that was slightly over 100k. For what do I look out to determine which one is a super robot and which is thrash when I fully train them?

- If you don't do some rollback action it's really hard to get Gen 3, Military Grade stuff. I think a core in the auction is worth 600k+. The price is worth it if you would end up with a decent bot, but in my expirence they roll as bad as all the other parts. Would be nice if at least the Gen3, Military Grade cores would noticably roll better so that the money is worth it.

-I'd like to have an overview in the pod-doc over all my bots. Klicking on every square to check every bot seperately is annoying as well as the changing positions when you do so. Same goes for the menu when you sell bots at the auction, as the information of the sellable bots is very limited so that I have to switch to the pod-doc and back to decide which bot I want to sell. Getting all their stats as when you check on them individually in the pod-doc would be very much appreciated.

- The introduction in the pdf walkthrough to the combat is nice - get it in the game.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the next version.

Mar 27, 2019
ok this maybe a dumb question but does anybody have a list of cheats for command control cheating? I can't seem to find how to get more AI cores in game all it says is in the future version. I took a bounty mission but can't reach the area that was marked says something about engines not right or something . I tried using the saveeditonline to edit the game save but I can't find anything to do with Ai core just Ai core cost.

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hi yv0751

I played the 0.5 Version of Space Journey and had really fun with it. Nice CGs and I love BB-2 as a sidekick. Here is some stuff I noticed:

- Without the pdf walkthrough I would have never gotten the idea to look for the goblet in the captains quarters to get the MC drunk for the blowjob. Perhaps add that to the journal ingame.

- Maybe update the tooltip in the Gallery for the 2nd T'Ris exhibitionism event with the name of the 2nd uniform, as it says 'final' in the description, but there is another event with the 3rd uniform available. Had a little misunderstanding there.

- Cargo space is sufficient as long as you don't pick up trade quests. With 81 t max and a quest to transport 20 parts you directly loose 25 % of your space. If the quest is due in 1-2 days you need to already have the stuff accumulated in your cargo bay or be really lucky to be able to buy enough in the space station and running into the space trader. If the quest is due in 5 days you block 25 % of you space for a long time. A larger module (to buy) would be nice so you can store additional stuff and don't have to sell everything all the time. Otherwise a simplified weightsystem might help - it's a bit strange that the hyperdrive module is as heavy as an Energy Pod which you can evidently carry to Vee's pod. :)

- How and where do you use the Space Wars poster?

- Does the mood drop get reduced when the exhibitionism lvl of the crew member increases?

- I don't get how the worth of the bots is determined. After a lot of saving and loading I had a 4 star bot (Gen3, Military Grade) that was initially worth 250k and using the same module I got a 5 star bot that was slightly over 100k. For what do I look out to determine which one is a super robot and which is thrash when I fully train them?

- If you don't do some rollback action it's really hard to get Gen 3, Military Grade stuff. I think a core in the auction is worth 600k+. The price is worth it if you would end up with a decent bot, but in my expirence they roll as bad as all the other parts. Would be nice if at least the Gen3, Military Grade cores would noticably roll better so that the money is worth it.

-I'd like to have an overview in the pod-doc over all my bots. Klicking on every square to check every bot seperately is annoying as well as the changing positions when you do so. Same goes for the menu when you sell bots at the auction, as the information of the sellable bots is very limited so that I have to switch to the pod-doc and back to decide which bot I want to sell. Getting all their stats as when you check on them individually in the pod-doc would be very much appreciated.

- The introduction in the pdf walkthrough to the combat is nice - get it in the game.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the next version.
I'm glad you enjoyed the game so far. A few hints and replies to proposals:
  • Clarification for exhibition quest: Implemented in V0.6
  • Poster: Use poster on engine terminal to "pin it up" in V0.5. Posters will also be interactive in V0.6.
  • Variable exhibition requirement: Good idea. Will add it to V0.7
  • Bot worth is essentially (base parts value + trained skills) * (IQ, special traits, uniformity booster, ...) with some interdependencies. Good bots are 300k plus but can range up to 20 Mil if everything fits. Bots can be transferred to new versions
  • V0.6 has rare crates (only Gen2, Gen3) and mil crates (only mil grade parts)
  • The bot list feature inside the configurator or in the lab terminal is a good idea. Added to V0.7.
  • As to cargo: There is a MKII cargo compressor in V0.6 with up to 200t and 6 module slots for cloaking modules (so you can collect up to 6 * 20t illegal wares for V0.6 smuggling mission). See preview below
Thanks again for the helpful suggestions!

V0.6 is entering Early access next weekend and will be publicly released mid June.

cargo.jpg

Last edited:

Dr_Jod

Jan 16, 2019
Multiverse Mod - see walkthrough. Bottraining= if you aktivate it (the bottons "train" disapear) you put your bot in the stack and it trains over night a little bit. So you have to wait some days or combinate it with energy training

Reactions: yv0751

Axterx

Jun 19, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed the game so far. A few hints and replies to proposals:
To add a few things of my own:
1) I never would have found out about how to get access to the pirates without the walkthrough. The odds of getting a bot with that much int are just too low, and that was with a lot of cheating to repeatedly open the same box bots to high quality parts. Basically, outside of missing a shot from the gallery, I wouldn't have a clue about it. And even with that, well, the best guess I had was to get a 5 notoriety and hope for a random encounter.

Perhaps an alternate way to start that quest line? My initial thought would be that the revealing uniform base walk could require to be on the pirate base, instead of the regular starbase, leading you to talk to Nimhe then. But that would require tweaking that scene, and maybe messing up other future plans.

So perhaps related to progress with Nimhe. Like either she wants you to use a Voronian Vortex to bribe an official to get a confiscated bot part back, or you get accosted by thugs looking for her. Just so that, if the player doesn't get it by means of a bot, they'll still get it eventually.

2) Same thing with the storage box to bring items across versions. To sit a day in the bar, advancing hour by hour, just to check if anything happens at that location that's a day that could be spent making progress. Perhaps if clicking on the empty dance platform brought up a dance schedule or else if the barkeep and/or shady merchant mentioned it in their dialogue...

3) It'd be nice if, when docking at the space port with slave capsules on board, you had the option to dock and turn them over to the authorities. This A) saves a bunch of button presses, so good from a game play standpoint, and B) seems much more like proper behavior than abandoning them in space after texting the authorities, especially since it is obviously known you did it, because your reputation goes up.

4) When buying an item you don't have any of, it'd be nice if the list didn't re-order itself until all of the item is bought. Just kind of annoying to click on one item you want multiples of, and then have that thing shift locations.

7) The walkthrough says 20 notoriety is needed to get access to the advanced weapons from the weapon seller. I was able to buy them earlier. I think at 19.

8) Access to character stats as part of the P bit would be nice, rather than needing to talk to a character to see them. At the very least for the captain.

9) Agree with the quoted poster's issue with delivery missions. You can't deliver them early, so that eats up space, and therefore costs you money. And you can't rent a storage space at the spaceport, to stockpile ware and crate class goods in until you need them. Once I saw you couldn't deliver them early, I didn't bother to even look at what missions were available from the barkeep anymore.

10) It would be nice if exiting the bot building screen put the current bot into storage automatically.

11) I like the subpar, basic, advanced, military grade filter for the parts storage, but would like to see Parts, Cortical Units, Boosters, and Immobilizers added to it. And then maybe a "scrap all" below the list of "scrap" buttons ;)

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
ok this maybe a dumb question but does anybody have a list of cheats for command control cheating? I can't seem to find how to get more AI cores in game all it says is in the future version. I took a bounty mission but can't reach the area that was marked says something about engines not right or something . I tried using the saveeditonline to edit the game save but I can't find anything to do with Ai core just Ai core cost.
You can get cores as (occasional) loot from level 2 bounty missions or if you restart a game just retrieve your core from the first game via the multiverse pod.
But I noticed that's not enough so in V0.6 there will be more opportunities to get them. They also are consumed by certain V0.6 activities so you need more anyway.

If you MUST have them now then use: GAME.ship.loadWare("ITMAICore")
;)

Reactions: Soolers and Hermies

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
To add a few things of my own:
1) I never would have found out about how to get access to the pirates without the walkthrough. The odds of getting a bot with that much int are just too low, and that was with a lot of cheating to repeatedly open the same box bots to high quality parts. Basically, outside of missing a shot from the gallery, I wouldn't have a clue about it. And even with that, well, the best guess I had was to get a 5 notoriety and hope for a random encounter.

Perhaps an alternate way to start that quest line? My initial thought would be that the revealing uniform base walk could require to be on the pirate base, instead of the regular starbase, leading you to talk to Nimhe then. But that would require tweaking that scene, and maybe messing up other future plans.

So perhaps related to progress with Nimhe. Like either she wants you to use a Voronian Vortex to bribe an official to get a confiscated bot part back, or you get accosted by thugs looking for her. Just so that, if the player doesn't get it by means of a bot, they'll still get it eventually.

2) Same thing with the storage box to bring items across versions. To sit a day in the bar, advancing hour by hour, just to check if anything happens at that location that's a day that could be spent making progress. Perhaps if clicking on the empty dance platform brought up a dance schedule or else if the barkeep and/or shady merchant mentioned it in their dialogue...

3) It'd be nice if, when docking at the space port with slave capsules on board, you had the option to dock and turn them over to the authorities. This A) saves a bunch of button presses, so good from a game play standpoint, and B) seems much more like proper behavior than abandoning them in space after texting the authorities, especially since it is obviously known you did it, because your reputation goes up.

4) When buying an item you don't have any of, it'd be nice if the list didn't re-order itself until all of the item is bought. Just kind of annoying to click on one item you want multiples of, and then have that thing shift locations.

7) The walkthrough says 20 notoriety is needed to get access to the advanced weapons from the weapon seller. I was able to buy them earlier. I think at 19.

8) Access to character stats as part of the P bit would be nice, rather than needing to talk to a character to see them. At the very least for the captain.

9) Agree with the quoted poster's issue with delivery missions. You can't deliver them early, so that eats up space, and therefore costs you money. And you can't rent a storage space at the spaceport, to stockpile ware and crate class goods in until you need them. Once I saw you couldn't deliver them early, I didn't bother to even look at what missions were available from the barkeep anymore.

10) It would be nice if exiting the bot building screen put the current bot into storage automatically.

11) I like the subpar, basic, advanced, military grade filter for the parts storage, but would like to see Parts, Cortical Units, Boosters, and Immobilizers added to it. And then maybe a "scrap all" below the list of "scrap" buttons ;)
A bunch of really good ideas there. I will transfer them into the ideas queue for V0.7. I like the "rent your own storage" idea especially. So you can earn serious money with trading instead of bots.

Reactions: Hermies

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
A bunch of really good ideas there. I will transfer them into the ideas queue for V0.7. I like the "rent your own storage" idea especially. So you can earn serious money with trading instead of bots.
always good to have multiple ways to play, even actually owning the arcade or a bot brothel

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I think I must be stupid, I'm having difficulty with the 1st combat mission. Can't seem to fire my laser at the bad guy, I chase him all over the map 'lock' on to him (that's if I am locking on properly) and hit the spacebar and nothing happens.

Axterx

Jun 19, 2020
I think I must be stupid, I'm having difficulty with the 1st combat mission. Can't seem to fire my laser at the bad guy, I chase him all over the map 'lock' on to him (that's if I am locking on properly) and hit the spacebar and nothing happens.
Click the weapon you want to fire as well.

Reactions: yv0751

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
The light blue dynamic area under you ship show weapons range and line of sight. If your laser is not properly pumped up you have to be close to the mob to hit.

Bottom left you have to select active weapon. laser or torpedo.

torpedo had no range limit.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes