4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Okay I've looked and looked how do you parade T'Ris around the station? The quest log for that poofed after I showed her the revealing uniform in her quarters.
Get her use to wearing that uniform, (about three day per EXC point) then try to take her for a walk , (try with *each* uniform)
How do you enter the pirate planet? I am told I need weapons and shields, but none have been for sale so far.
Build a bot with an IQ *Above* 140, (To Trigger events)

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
...one Question... what are the exact conditions to trigger Nhymes secret Lab Quest... I kept playing over 20 days after BB2 secret project was revealed, but I still get no prompt for the Quest in Hallway before the Captain Quarters.
The Walkthrough is to vague to decide wether I am unable to trigger it for what ever reason or I just need to wait even longer
If it's the quest I think it is,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
If it's the quest I think it is,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah that one... though the WT says there is a step before this about overhearing a conversation of Nyhme and BB-2 in the Hallway infront of the Captain Quartars... and that one never happens
And simply waiting for 15:00 to check the Lab also doesn't trigger anything... this part is the only scene I can't trigger so either I ran into a Bug or I am missing an elusive condition that is nowhere documented

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Jeez, ungrateful much. People whining about saves. Ya do realize I can finish this game start to finish in 30 mins. (Not bragging, hardcore game hermit could do it in bloody less). That said, I really dont see the issue people have with a shorter game like this, I'd 100% understand if it were a long rpgm game but its not.
Honestly, these are some of the most nonsensical, gratuitous and dishonest remarks I've ever read in more than 6 years here on F95.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
I'm not sure what the end goal of the bots are, but I think it would benefit both dev and player alike to tone down the gacha element of it all - it's even more complicated that actual gachas with no real benefits.

For example, 3 generations x 4 grades is too much variety. Simplify it to 3x1 or 3x2 or 6x1 or something like that. What do they do other than increase the selling price? There's a lot of ways they can affect the stats of the bots.

Then, there's 6 different potentials and however many traits and however wide the range of IQ that seems to be all independently generated. I think that potential should be linked to the quality of the cortical unit, because what's the point of these rarities then? A Gen 2 CU should have more potential and higher IQ and so on than a Gen 1.

And what's the point of all these traits? There's a big variety, with tiers as well, and they don't make any skills better. I think these could be linked to likes and dislikes, which are also currently independently generated, or the other way around, where likes and dislikes are displayed as corresponding traits.

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
I'm not sure what the end goal of the bots are, but I think it would benefit both dev and player alike to tone down the gacha element of it all - it's even more complicated that actual gachas with no real benefits.

For example, 3 generations x 4 grades is too much variety. Simplify it to 3x1 or 3x2 or 6x1 or something like that. What do they do other than increase the selling price? There's a lot of ways they can affect the stats of the bots.

Then, there's 6 different potentials and however many traits and however wide the range of IQ that seems to be all independently generated. I think that potential should be linked to the quality of the cortical unit, because what's the point of these rarities then? A Gen 2 CU should have more potential and higher IQ and so on than a Gen 1.

And what's the point of all these traits? There's a big variety, with tiers as well, and they don't make any skills better. I think these could be linked to likes and dislikes, which are also currently independently generated, or the other way around, where likes and dislikes are displayed as corresponding traits.
Its fine, what might be good is a way to upgrade a tier or quality level within tiers so you dont end up having to hoard so many parts

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Personally I really like the complexity of this system... it allows for a great variety of builds... suer you aim for Military gear and it's strongly adviced to stay in the same Generation... but potentially you can make a quick buck simply by putting together some junk parts and either sell or rent them, while you focus on your main tier builds... the only thing I disliked was the fact that you had to rent out your first bot before unlocking the console that has a daily market for bot parts and allowed to scrap the stuff you didn't want... haveing that available right after the tutorial bot build would have been much better

Reactions: Gato21

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Yeah that one... though the WT says there is a step before this about overhearing a conversation of Nyhme and BB-2 in the Hallway infront of the Captain Quartars... and that one never happens
And simply waiting for 15:00 to check the Lab also doesn't trigger anything... this part is the only scene I can't trigger so either I ran into a Bug or I am missing an elusive condition that is nowhere documented
OK, I think it happened by accident on my part, not sure, but think it might have been early evening 18:00 to 20:00.

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
Thats a known OSX issue sorry.

I lazily saved the data into the game directory (inside the ".-app" folder on the mac and the game folder on win, i.e. the folder called 'game' inside the game install folder).

Win doesn't care, but OSX does not take kindly to that...
In V0.5 only OSX workaround is drag the app to the desktop, open game, create your pod file and retrieve it from inside the .app with "view package contents" (I'll probably burn in coder hell for that...)

Fixed cleanly in V0.6, where it pulls the savedir and automatically accesses that in new installs.
Tnx for that...will not worry for this version as I can easily start fm scratch..(OK, so I cheat with the console and add everything I need rather than grinding it out) You are doing a great job...

Reactions: yv0751

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I think the mood swing is too much, 10% every day you make them wear a uniform, guessing it goes up if you make them wear even sexier/sluttier uniforms, haven't got those yet, you can only give them one item a day to raise their mood by 5%, are there going to be items that will raise their moods more?

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Personally I really like the complexity of this system... it allows for a great variety of builds... suer you aim for Military gear and it's strongly adviced to stay in the same Generation... but potentially you can make a quick buck simply by putting together some junk parts and either sell or rent them, while you focus on your main tier builds... the only thing I disliked was the fact that you had to rent out your first bot before unlocking the console that has a daily market for bot parts and allowed to scrap the stuff you didn't want... haveing that available right after the tutorial bot build would have been much better
It's not complex, that's one of the problems. So many stats that essentially end back up as one single stat (value), plus a few more requirements like "must all be Gen 1" or "highly skilled" to sell them. Military grade doesn't give higher IQ, or better potential, or better traits and so on. For example the quest about the 140 IQ, you'd expect a higher number to come from maybe advanced or military grade, or Gen 2 or 3, or a combination of both, but it's just independently rolled.

As a separate question (I don't want to double post), a question about the uniform quest:
Visit her [Nimhe] in the cabin, chat about the uniform and she will try it on.
How do I do this?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
OK, I think it happened by accident on my part, not sure, but think it might have been early evening 18:00 to 20:00.
just tried it... that's not it either... also the WT stated 08:00-12:00 in the morning... but again nothing happens... do I need to assign a special duty to her or actually more crewmembers?
It's not complex, that's one of the problems. So many stats that essentially end back up as one single stat (value), plus a few more requirements like "must all be Gen 1" or "highly skilled" to sell them. Military grade doesn't give higher IQ, or better potential, or better traits and so on. For example the quest about the 140 IQ, you'd expect a higher number to come from maybe advanced or military grade, or Gen 2 or 3, or a combination of both, but it's just independently rolled.

As a separate question (I don't want to double post), a question about the uniform quest:
How do I do this?
In my case I did notice a mayor difference in Skill potential based on the Generation and quality of the parts though... the most obvious being the Upgrade chips as they have those values of their description... sure in the End it all comes down to value as that is the basis of all calculations, but there is more less obvious.
Remeber the cortical cores are meant to be artificial intelligences... and those aren't always smart I think it's a good comparison to humans... not every human is smart just because he visited a university and is considered an Elite... sure the chances are higher but not 100%
And some Bot configurations would be best called Bimbos

joy.stick

Jul 16, 2021
Didnt update those yet.
A few lewd scenes (HJ, sex (dream scene), facial, voyeurism...) are already included.

• bdsm, exhibitionism, anal, oral, normal sex, lesbian, harem are certain, others under consideration
  • excluded will be (male) NTR, prostitution, (for main LI)
Looks nice, I like the fem models bodies but (Reactivate the engines after you wake up. Select an item from your inventory (Box icon or “i”). Click on the Quick Select icon below the inventory box (or “b”), change into use modeHint: The game remembers the last 10 used items in Quick Select, you can cycle through them with left and right cursor key without opening the inventory) too complicated.... Any chance for an <easier> version?

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
I think the mood swing is too much, 10% every day you make them wear a uniform, guessing it goes up if you make them wear even sexier/sluttier uniforms, haven't got those yet, you can only give them one item a day to raise their mood by 5%, are there going to be items that will raise their moods more?
It's 5% if you give them the item from inventory (and I think this is a 'legacy' thing).
The new way is to click on the icon of the item they like in the morning assignments screen. (T'Ris has a pic of candle, etc.)
Doing it that way gives 50% a pop.
Where are you at in T'Ris progression?
The scene you're looking for trigger for me immediately after leaving T'Ris quarters after doing one of her advancement scenes (Deepthroat, iIrc).

Reactions: yv0751

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Thats a good hint. I also find it jarring in retrospect that you want to start but the console is not there yet and you have to hunt around in space for your first parts.
Thats overly complicated and I will change that to unlock right after the first bot. I am in the final stage of V0.6 and will bring that in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evangelion-01

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017

How do I do this?
The gen 1,2,3 actually result in better talents (raw skill caps) and also IQ but the spread is probably a bit too high to make it apparent without making a zillion bots. Will probabaly tier that a bit more in future versions.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hmmm.. the items raise their mood by 50%. Stress is also reduced by 50%. If you saw 5% maybe thats a bug I have to fix, that shouldnt be.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
What is setting Khylara to "Torpedo Loadout" supposed to to ? I initially guessed that it allowed you to reload tubes during combat, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
She is filling the torpedo slots during the day (she checks every hour) so you don't accidentally run into events without loadout.
In V0.6 she will additionally refill a torpedo every few turns during combat.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes