UBAREFEET

NO TABOO FOR YOU.
Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
If an update is released here, it is already available for my . Thank them, because without them, I would not have been able to continue making my projects and improving them.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
First time playing.

How TF does this game have such a good rating when game starts with no menu, right click & esc are disabled so I can't even get to options, AND Rollback is disabled so now I missed part of the intro tutorial because I accidentally clicked one too many times while trying to get the other things to work. (It was about the pills too; sounded real important. oh well guess I'll die.)

I wasn't even going to make fun of you for the art, but now I'm mad. DO NOT DISABLE THOSE FEATURES EVER. How hard is it for devs to get that?! The quickbar isn't even on; how the fuck am I supposed to save or change my preferences?

UBAREFEET

NO TABOO FOR YOU.
Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
First time playing.

How TF does this game have such a good rating when game starts with no menu, right click & esc are disabled so I can't even get to options, AND Rollback is disabled so now I missed part of the intro tutorial because I accidentally clicked one too many times while trying to get the other things to work. (It was about the pills too; sounded real important. oh well guess I'll die.)

I wasn't even going to make fun of you for the art, but now I'm mad. DO NOT DISABLE THOSE FEATURES EVER. How hard is it for devs to get that?! The quickbar isn't even on; how the fuck am I supposed to save or change my preferences?
I disabled this option at the beginning, because I wanted to create a replayability feature, now that the game has more than 40k lines and a bunch of endings, it doesn't make sense. Disabling the option gave you a sense of responsibility for your actions, I know that this can be annoying. If you just want to skip the whole game and watch all the endings...

Now some endings change the game when playing again, so it makes sense to disable them.

On the other hand, if you don't like some mechanics, you can just not play, no one forces you. In any case, thank you for your feedback.

UBAREFEET

NO TABOO FOR YOU.
Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
whats the password door in the hallway
At the beginning of the morning before the meeting with Mother Russia, you hear four notes. Just make a word out of them. Although I am sure that you will be helped here, if not there is a walkthrough

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
I disabled this option at the beginning, because I wanted to create a replayability feature, now that the game has more than 40k lines and a bunch of endings, it doesn't make sense. Disabling the option gave you a sense of responsibility for your actions, I know that this can be annoying. If you just want to skip the whole game and watch all the endings...

Now some endings change the game when playing again, so it makes sense to disable them.

On the other hand, if you don't like some mechanics, you can just not play, no one forces you. In any case, thank you for your feedback.
Disabling saving, access to the menu & rollback doesn't create a sense of responsibility, it creates a sense of frustration.

Edit: Like you actively comment out default renpy code to break basic functions like saves don't generate thumbnails, why would you even do that?

quickmenu is set to true, but you comment out all of the code that actually makes it show up? why not just set it to false?

Why is there a relationship check for you to fail with anna right at the start before you have a chance to do anything? Like what's the point?

Last edited:

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Ok, I tried harder than with any other game(I literally used custom mods to get the game into a running order with basic renpy functionality) to give this a chance, and it's kind of a shame, because I can see some kernels of something good here, but the coding just does everything it can to get in it's own way.

Using a URM I was able to modify all the stat variables to 99, and then got to the part with the orc lookin bitch, and the top option implies that you need like 3 endurance and 2 position to pick that choice, but it's just a bad end, if it's a bad end why are there stat requirements?

I tried REALLY hard to ignore the art, and took faith that people said it got better, but couldn't stand the game long enough to see a difference.

This game strikes me as a dev with a good idea but bad coding/art skills shooting them self in the foot at every turn. and it's just not for me.

UBAREFEET

NO TABOO FOR YOU.
Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
Ok, I tried harder than with any other game(I literally used custom mods to get the game into a running order with basic renpy functionality) to give this a chance, and it's kind of a shame, because I can see some kernels of something good here, but the coding just does everything it can to get in it's own way.

Using a URM I was able to modify all the stat variables to 99, and then got to the part with the orc lookin bitch, and the top option implies that you need like 3 endurance and 2 position to pick that choice, but it's just a bad end, if it's a bad end why are there stat requirements?

I tried REALLY hard to ignore the art, and took faith that people said it got better, but couldn't stand the game long enough to see a difference.

This game strikes me as a dev with a good idea but bad coding/art skills shooting them self in the foot at every turn. and it's just not for me.
Listen, I perfectly understand the problems you are talking about. Deleting the custom menu was a mistake. Nevertheless, all the shortcomings named by you are, as far as I remember another version ... 0.4? And the drawing was worse, and the skills were less and the tests of the inond were not justified. I could just ignore and not answer, but I see that you understand what you are talking about, so I will answer. Options like to fight back the Orc are made so that the player does not get arrogant. At the very beginning, there really is a check for a position, but there you can have a different version of development. Having clocked yourself 90+ stats through third-party utilities, you simply broke your passage, since you made everything illogical and cumbersome. You haven't even seen 1/4 of the game, unfortunately.

I can spend months redrawing all the old artwork and making a nicer and nicer interface, or I can continue writing the story and finally finish the SP and move on to another project that is already under development. Personally, I choose the second option. The only thing I have to add is a menu with endings, since there are a lot of them in the game.
Anyway thank you for your opinion.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Listen, I perfectly understand the problems you are talking about. Deleting the custom menu was a mistake. Nevertheless, all the shortcomings named by you are, as far as I remember another version ... 0.4? And the drawing was worse, and the skills were less and the tests of the inond were not justified. I could just ignore and not answer, but I see that you understand what you are talking about, so I will answer. Options like to fight back the Orc are made so that the player does not get arrogant. At the very beginning, there really is a check for a position, but there you can have a different version of development. Having clocked yourself 90+ stats through third-party utilities, you simply broke your passage, since you made everything illogical and cumbersome. You haven't even seen 1/4 of the game, unfortunately.

I can spend months redrawing all the old artwork and making a nicer and nicer interface, or I can continue writing the story and finally finish the SP and move on to another project that is already under development. Personally, I choose the second option. The only thing I have to add is a menu with endings, since there are a lot of them in the game.
Anyway thank you for your opinion.
Your lack of self-awareness is disappointing. You say "These problems were from ver0.X" as if the problems don't still exist in the current version (Not fixing the art is one thing, and totally acceptable, not fixing broken code is a completely different issue); what you're really saying here is "I know that there is a problem and I had 5 updates to fix it, but have instead chosen not to." Anyway, your attitude towards responding to people bringing up legitimate criticism has really told me all I need to know, so I'll stop wasting everyone's time.

3.20 star(s) 29 Votes